Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2020] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2020] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
The villa numbers (both GWV & DBV (for patio setup)) and their categories is on my list of info to compile.
Can't wait to hear from you on this. We definitely want a room with a tub or pool. As you know 421 is great for privacy.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 1:03 pm

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Breakfast at Vilu? Happy hour offerings?

MaldivesFreak can you check my breakfast section in the article below and let me know which of the dishes are still available at Vilu.

Conrad Maldives Revisted

Better still if you could upload a Vilu breakfast menu and happy hour menu that would be great. Are appetisers served at happy hour???

Last edited by ScubaRoo; Jan 5, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Old Jan 5, 2020, 5:13 pm

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Hilton
Originally Posted by ericande
When will you be there? We're arriving March 9th. We received a little bit different rates for upgrades, this is what we were offered:

Upgrade from Water Villa to Superior Water Villa US$ 60 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.
Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Beach Villa US$ 142 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.
Upgrade from Water Villa to Retreat Water Villa US$ 285 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.
Upgrade from Water Villa to Deluxe Water Villa US$ 522 + 10% service charge + 12% T GST per night.

We're doing 2 nights in a DBV followed by 3 nights in a SWV.
We are arriving March 5th for a five night stay. I accepted the upgrade to a SWV. I was going to go ahead and pre-pay for the upgrade and the seaplane but I'm a little worried about the recent posts with people having the wrong charges on their check out bill.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by ScubaRoo
MaldivesFreak can you check my breakfast section in the article below and let me know which of the dishes are still available at Vilu.

Conrad Maldives Revisted

Better still if you could upload a Vilu breakfast menu and happy hour menu that would be great. Are appetisers served at happy hour???
I'll try to do this.
Appetisers are served at the Gold and Diamond happy hour at Vilu (4:30-5:50PM) but, as others have already mentioned, are tiny (2cm square or rectangle) and you only get one serving. Our table got two because, well, you know..... ;P

Originally Posted by bishj5
We are arriving March 5th for a five night stay. I accepted the upgrade to a SWV. I was going to go ahead and pre-pay for the upgrade and the seaplane but I'm a little worried about the recent posts with people having the wrong charges on their check out bill.
Don't fret. Just double-check the night before you check out. That way you won't be in a rush at checkout to sort things out should there be discrepancies on your bill.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:56 pm

FEI, I've updated my post above with the kinds of scrambled eggs they have. All delicious!

Second, could someone please update the wiki with the latest additions of upgrade rates from posters. I want to limit my time on the PC. Gotta enjoy the Maldives after all. TIA guys.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:12 pm

I did not know that there was a business centre with free cookies and coffee.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Hey MF, given you are there for 32 nights, gently give Stefano a nudge to see if they can comp a weekend stay in The Muraka. I am sure you can get your butler to pack/unpack for the move if necessary.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 8:27 pm

Happy hour menu is as shown a little bit upthread. No such thing as appetizer menu for happy hour, however. They just bring out a plate of the designated couple canapes for that day... tiny portions as mentioned by others.

As for breakfast menu, it can be found here: https://www.conradmaldives.com/dine/...estaurant-bar/
But I should point out that it looks different from late Nov when I was there, which makes me wonder whether the online menu's been updated or is overdue for an update. I had a salad with sweet potato and coconut flakes, but I don't see that on the online menu.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by evergrn

As for breakfast menu, it can be found here: https://www.conradmaldives.com/dine/...estaurant-bar/
But I should point out that it looks different from late Nov when I was there, which makes me wonder whether the online menu's been updated or is overdue for an update. I had a salad with sweet potato and coconut flakes, but I don't see that on the online menu.
Did the oysters get removed from Vilu breakfast? And the Scotch egg with the caviar toast?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:48 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by evergrn
Happy hour menu is as shown a little bit upthread. No such thing as appetizer menu for happy hour, however. They just bring out a plate of the designated couple canapes for that day... tiny portions as mentioned by others.

The online breakfast menu isn‘t actual.
You are talking about the so called breakfast salad. It comes with butternut squash not sweet potato
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:50 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by topperchris
Did the oysters get removed from Vilu breakfast? And the Scotch egg with the caviar toast?
All gone
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:21 am

Programs: Alaska, Delta, Hilton
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
OK, so here are some data points that I've gathered over the last couple of days.

Honeymooner Benefits:
1. Afternoon Tea or Shisha for two, once during the stay
2. One 3-course dinner at Mandhoo (back there now since it has re-opened)
Note: There is a 'Congratulations Dinner' which is held at Sunset Grill which is a paid dinner with a separate menu. This is not to be confused with the 'Honeymoon Dinner' mentioned above
3. $100 credit (incl taxes) per couple to spend on selected excursions (run by the resort and not run by the Dive Centre or Water Sports Centre) or spa treatments during the stay
I inquired about the $100 excursion credit to my contact who I've been emailing with. No luck for me. Here was his reply:
"Many thanks for your e-mail
Minimum 4 nights stay & a copy of marriage certificate of less than 12 months to be presented at checking for the below honeymoon extras.
a) Fruit Basket & 1 bottle of Champagne in the Villa upon arrival
b) Afternoon Tea or Shishah for 2 guests in Rangali Bar.
c) Romantic Bed Decoration
d) One romantic 3-course dinner in Mandhoo Restaurant, excluding beverages.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or if we can assist you in any way.
Best regards,"

Any advice on how to confirm this credit? I'm wondering if I'm emailing with the wrong person.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:25 pm

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Oysters

Originally Posted by mb123
All gone
But not forgotten, had these on my birthday ;-)

Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Silver
But not forgotten, had these on my birthday ;-)

Looking at that photo does something funny to my insides.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by mb123
The online breakfast menu isn‘t actual.
You are talking about the so called breakfast salad. It comes with butternut squash not sweet potato
Okay sorry, I didn't know what it was called. All I know is it was orangish, sweet and potato-like!
If you like regular leafy salad, don't get that unless you also love butternut squash. It's 70% squash.

Looking at the online menu more closely, I think it's maybe half accurate. I know the egg benedict, French toast and pancake are still there. But I don't remember the Thai omelette with shrimp and coriander.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.