FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   [ARCHIVE 2020] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/2064384-archive-2020-conrad-maldives-rangali-island-mdv.html)

Kiwi Flyer Feb 12, 2004 1:50 pm

[ARCHIVE 2020] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Posts older than 2020 for this ARCHIVE THREAD can be found in the

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Maldives Rangali Island (to 2013)

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Maldives Rangali Island (2014 to 2017)

ARCHIVE THREAD for Conrad Maldives Rangali Island (2018 to 2019)

Links to moved posts should still work.

Kiwi Flyer
Hilton HHonors forum moderator

Tilly71 Jan 1, 2020 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Cynicor (Post 31894606)
no. It’s an error with the site, there’s no reason for then to take a cc deposit and they don’t (my source is about 6 bookings so far that say this but haven’t charged).

I asked the Same recently but no response so I contacted the resort direct. No deposit required on point bookings at Conrad Maldives.

evergrn Jan 1, 2020 8:27 am

Originally Posted by earn_burn (Post 31893019)
DOH! Don't tell me that!!!!!!! The trip starts there (although will be checking out the intercontinental a few blocks down too)

Don't worry, Conrad Singapore is a fine hotel. It's clean and upscale, but it's just that it's not a hotel with any wow factor and it could just as well have been a Hilton. There's a reason why their rates are often not much different than Hilton Orchard's, although the rooms are nicer than Hilton Orchard's. I think the biggest problem with Conrad Singapore is its location. Other than a couple shopping centers, it's difficult to walk to anywhere from there. Bellman told me how to walk to Marina Bay and I even tried to follow Google Maps, but in the end I gave up both times I've stayed there. But sorry we're getting off-topic here.

bishj5 Jan 1, 2020 11:10 am

Received an email this morning confirming that food options will be available at Rangali Bar and the Quiet Zone.

vnfilm1 Jan 1, 2020 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404 (Post 31892791)
Please don't think of points as free. A 5 night stay costs 380000 points - which will eventually cost me $1900 (by choosing to use them here and ultimately, eventually, pay cash for another hotel further down the road that I would have used points for if I wasn't using them here). Add to that your seaplane transfers and that's over $4k.

Secret Sales are currently doing 5 nights at the Pullman Maldvies for £3179 (around $4200) including transfers and full all inclusive.

Always have a value on your points.

Do you mind sharing how and where you book your stay with this pricing. I have another trip to Maldives and currently looking for the hotel besides WA or Conrad. I love to stay at WA next time, but no available award room for booking.

earn_burn Jan 1, 2020 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by ScubaRoo (Post 31893769)
Thanks for this OT comment as I am also considering Seychelles.

How's the snorkeling there? Do they have afternoon tea or a complimentary happy hour?

There is a coral Nursery that's not quite right off the main beach of Northolme. It was absolutely amazing. Other couple beaches that we went to, were poor in comparison.

I can't wait to compare Seychelles to the snorkeling at CMRI.

Wozza2404 Jan 2, 2020 2:33 am

Originally Posted by vnfilm1 (Post 31896615)
Do you mind sharing how and where you book your stay with this pricing. I have another trip to Maldives and currently looking for the hotel besides WA or Conrad. I love to stay at WA next time, but no available award room for booking.

My bad - wasn't Secret Sales it was Luxury Escapes - https://luxuryescapes.com/ie/offer/p...I00000eMbE8QAK

aysoo Jan 2, 2020 6:00 am

Discussed

mb123 Jan 2, 2020 6:05 am

So sad, your friend better go home, most important thing to go to the Maldives is an mediocre afternoon tea,

pineapple_09 Jan 2, 2020 10:36 am

MaldivesFreak are you there yet?!

vnfilm1 Jan 2, 2020 11:49 am

Does anyone know if Innovated Deluxe beach Villa has the indoor shower room. If so, by any chance, do you know the room number which has indoor shower. Thank you

@Wozza2404: Thanks for sharing the link of Pullman Resort.

goliath Jan 2, 2020 11:53 am

Originally Posted by vnfilm1 (Post 31900645)
Does anyone know if Innovated Deluxe beach Villa has the indoor shower room. If so, by any chance, do you know the room number which has indoor shower.

All of them have an indoor AND an outdoor shower.

warnesey333 Jan 2, 2020 3:47 pm

I've had a search through this thread but can't seem to find anything related...

Is the Water Villa no longer available for 95k per night? I've just tried booking but it only seems to be the Beach Villa

mrflintstone Jan 2, 2020 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by warnesey333 (Post 31901547)
I've had a search through this thread but can't seem to find anything related...

Is the Water Villa no longer available for 95k per night? I've just tried booking but it only seems to be the Beach Villa

I can see availability 26-31 Jan.

MaldivesFreak Jan 2, 2020 7:34 pm

Back in my holiday home

Arrived yesterday. Extremely warm welcome. Stefano, Alex & Ahmed Nashid making themselves very visible. Everything has gone extremely smoothly so far. I had a lot of questions and requests to Alex before arrival and he has done a fantastic job of getting everything ready (importing our favourite items that the resort doesn't normally stock, among other things).

Normally we don't have an actual / visible host (by request) but this time we've been assigned Naeem (8yrs experience) and he's doing a great job of taking care of the various bits and pieces to customize our stay. Judging by the recent talk here on FT, and us being repeater guests, management are making an effort to ensure all guests are well taken care of and any issues that may arise are dealt with in a timely and professional manner. I suggest if anyone is worried about their stay here they should relax but a) if you are planning to stay in a category at a time during or shortly after renovations, book your stay well outside any said renovations (because honestly, serious maintenance issues are much more likely to arise at this time) and b) do one thing well before arrival. Just simply request that you are assigned an experienced host as he or she will have the experience to deal with problems should they arise.

Will post some data points in a bit, clarifying questions about F&B etc.

So glad to be back here. It really is a special place. Thanks again to Stefano, Alex, Naeem and others for doing such a great job. Also great to see all the staff we miss when we are away.