Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oceana Santa Monica LXR {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by pazza2000
What’s the current situation re. breakfast here for Diamonds?
There’s been no indication that it changed from the $25 per day per person reported up thread (and which is the brand standard for LXR in the US) but I’ll be able to advise next week.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
There’s been no indication that it changed from the $25 per day per person reported up thread (and which is the brand standard for LXR in the US) but I’ll be able to advise next week.
Ok, hopefully that could change for the better next year if and when breakfast returns as it was. I’m guessing $25pp doesn’t stretch too far here?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 3:07 pm

Ok, hopefully that could change for the better next year if and when breakfast returns as it was. I’m guessing $25pp doesn’t stretch too far here?
Hilton’s higher-end brand hotels in the US typically do not offer full breakfast buffets….especially if they are more than the $25 they have to offer.
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Ok, hopefully that could change for the better next year
Dream on . . . .
Old Nov 2, 2021, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
Dream on . . . .
I’m hopeful that because the feedback has been over whelmingly negative re. the replacement breakfast credit, that breakfast will be brought back next year.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I’m hopeful that because the feedback has been over whelmingly negative re. the replacement breakfast credit, that breakfast will be brought back next year.
Are you following that dedicated thread? First it was supposed to be going away in December, now it's not sure if the new system might be around forever.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 10:39 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
My info is from July 2021, but I can confirm the $25/pp credit, good for any meal. That's fine for breakfast but if you use it for lunch or dinner, it probably won't cover it satisfyingly. That said, I really liked their Oceana Burger for lunch ($29).
Old Nov 4, 2021, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by milesforhire
My info is from July 2021, but I can confirm the $25/pp credit, good for any meal. That's fine for breakfast but if you use it for lunch or dinner, it probably won't cover it satisfyingly. That said, I really liked their Oceana Burger for lunch ($29).
Yeah, a $29 burger and a $30 pizza. I just don't get it. What was so great about the burger? I'm really asking seriously.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Yeah, a $29 burger and a $30 pizza. I just don't get it. What was so great about the burger? I'm really asking seriously.
Definitely overpriced, but at an effective $4 I was into it -- especially since I didn't have time to leave the hotel between two WFH meetings. The fries were crispy, well-seasoned, and plentiful. The burger was cooked at a nice medium and the toppings were pretty good. The waiter recommended their chef's special green sauce which I found interesting and tasty. Easily the best meal of the three that I had at the Oceana LXR. Grabbed this photo from a review.

They blamed the prices on the local market, which no other burger in Santa Monica was even close to that price lol. But at the same time, there wasn't anything super close to the hotel so it's probably a convenience tax.

Old Nov 4, 2021, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi
Thanks for that milesforhire!
It looks pretty good ( a bit expensive -but think of the HH points! and you are paying for convenience)

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 4, 2021, 2:12 pm

Really appreciate it. Looks like a burger and fries. I've been trying to find a picture of this mind-blowing pizza but haven't yet. Will spend our credit on breakfast and venture out for dinner - true, not many places really close but close enough.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 4:17 pm

Checked in earlier today. So far all I can say is the place is gorgeous,

drod, milesforhire and DC9 like this.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 4:40 pm

Zowie. Did you pay for a suite or was this an upgrade? We're using a FNC so I'm not expecting much.

OK, I see two dark blue sofas - are they facing each other in that room?
Old Nov 4, 2021, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Zowie. Did you pay for a suite or was this an upgrade? We're using a FNC so I'm not expecting much.

OK, I see two dark blue sofas - are they facing each other in that room?
The suite is called a Lanai Suite and I’m thinking it’s a one category upgrade above the standard award Oceana Suite that we were booked into. There are two sofas in the living rooms and the one is off to the side in a nook that kind of looks like a reading nook or it could be used as a dining nook since the table is higher. Living room looks towards the pool since the suite fronts the pool area and backs the back of the property with no view. Even without a real view it’s definitely one of the nicest rooms I’ve had in a Hilton property.
Old Nov 4, 2021, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
The suite is called a Lanai Suite and I’m thinking it’s a one category upgrade above the standard award Oceana Suite that we were booked into. There are two sofas in the living rooms and the one is off to the side in a nook that kind of looks like a reading nook or it could be used as a dining nook since the table is higher. Living room looks towards the pool since the suite fronts the pool area and backs the back of the property with no view. Even without a real view it’s definitely one of the nicest rooms I’ve had in a Hilton property.
Thanks, so you did book a (smaller suite). That's great, we'll only be there one night so I'm sure whatever we get will be fine. (and for Kacee and anyone else who cares (ha ha) why we "have" to stay there, we were booked into a Marriott property but then I "needed" those points for a more pressing matter so the default was to use a FNC at the Oceana.

Since the pool is open air but protected, please tell me if it's "cold" down there (we'll also be traveling in the winter, and YES, LA does have winter. Not too many signs of life from your pictures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.