Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Punta de Mita {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2021, 11:07 am

Are these COVID tests mandatory? Are you able to bring proof of your own test, or of vaccination?
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by garney89
Nice to hear they listened to reviews and updated their breakfast offering. That was the worst Conrad breakfast we ever had, and the low point of our stay in Punta de Mita.

Are they still charging for Covid-19 tests? Many resorts are offering complimentary tests and for the price Conrad charges I'm surprised they can't afford that.
Originally Posted by kthpence
Yes, they're charging $65pp which is crazy IMO - Waldorf Pedregal only charged $30 or $35, and that hotel is of another class than this one (and is undoubtedly more expensive). With that said, you don't technically pay the hotels for the COVID tests, you pay a 3rd party provider, but it's still a bit crazy for $65 pp.
Yes, you still need to pay around $60 to $65 for the COVID-19 test, and as kthpence mentioned, you are paying the 3rd party provider that comes there to administer the test. It is certainly on the steeper side, and you can technically also take the test at PVR airport for $25 but then you will need to go there very early or the day before. The convenience of having the test at the resort is certainly good, they give you the results in 20 min.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by djibouti
Are these COVID tests mandatory? Are you able to bring proof of your own test, or of vaccination?
Well, its not the resort that's asking for it. The COVID tests are mandatory to re-enter US and you can get your own tests from anywhere, the resort is just providing an option to you.
You do not need any tests to enter Mexico or stay at the resort.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 12:15 pm

I wonder what they are doing for US citizens on arrival at the US? Can't exactly send them back! I'm less worried about all of this come late July, anyway, but will obviously keep an eye on things, thank you!
Old Mar 26, 2021, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by djibouti
I wonder what they are doing for US citizens on arrival at the US? Can't exactly send them back! I'm less worried about all of this come late July, anyway, but will obviously keep an eye on things, thank you!
Well they can also not let you in, which is what would happen if you tried to show up to your flight without a COVID test. The airline you are flying will not let you board without a negative COVID test - it's different than going to Hawaii where you show your negative test / QR code upon arrival, vs. when flying to the US from an international destination, you show the airline upon departure.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:12 am

How's the pool here? Heated, like the Hilton Los Cabos?
Old Mar 29, 2021, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by FoRM
How's the pool here? Heated, like the Hilton Los Cabos?
Are you asking about the plunge pool in some of the suites or the main resort pool area ?
In the resort area, they have two fairly large jacuzzi's that are heated (one in the adult-only area and one in the family area). But the pool itself is not heated, however the water temp is pretty nice. We used it in early Feb and it was great.

The plunge pools in the suite aren't heated either, and they don't have any jets either. They are mainly good to just sit after a long day and see the sunset. We barely used it though.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by arshi007

The plunge pools in the suite aren't heated either, and they don't have any jets either. They are mainly good to just sit after a long day and see the sunset. We barely used it though.
You can actually have the plunge pool heated to ~90*F if you ask the front desk.
Old Mar 29, 2021, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by kthpence
You can actually have the plunge pool heated to ~90*F if you ask the front desk.
Oh, that is good to know. I did not know that. Maybe we should create a wiki with some tips and tricks. There's enough knowledge that has accumulated - upgrade paths, breakfast recommendations etc.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 11:47 am

Programs: American Airlines, British Airways, Southwest, Hilton, Marriott
We are Diamond Members and are set to arrive on April 23rd for a 7 night stay. We booked a standard reward room (king bed, partial ocean view) do you think we would have a better chance at an upgrade by calling the hotel directly, during online check-in or at the front desk. Celebrating my husbands retirement so it would be extra special to have one of the bigger rooms.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by khgagne
We are Diamond Members and are set to arrive on April 23rd for a 7 night stay. We booked a standard reward room (king bed, partial ocean view) do you think we would have a better chance at an upgrade by calling the hotel directly, during online check-in or at the front desk. Celebrating my husbands retirement so it would be extra special to have one of the bigger rooms.
Their concierge is very helpful and responsive. I would suggest sending an email to the concierge and let them know that you are coming to celebrate the special occasion. Also in terms of an upgrade, you will have to consider if you are more interested in a suite or an oceanfront room. Based on the room that you have - partial ocean view room, you can ask for a partial ocean view suite (or an ocean view suite) which you will get very likely or alternately request an oceanfront room (so same sized room but right on the ocean). If you are more interested in a bigger room/suite with plunge pool and such, then ask for a partial oceanview suite.
khgagne likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: none
I'm thinking of booking this place for July/August. Are there any activities for kids to do there? Any kids pool? How much does food cost as it's not an all inclusive and breakfast appears to be unappealing? If we have our covid test done at the airport, do you know what's the turn around time for returning to the US?
Old Apr 30, 2021, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by hieunha
I'm thinking of booking this place for July/August. Are there any activities for kids to do there? Any kids pool? How much does food cost as it's not an all inclusive and breakfast appears to be unappealing? If we have our covid test done at the airport, do you know what's the turn around time for returning to the US?
There is a dedicated pool area for kids/families including a kid-friendly jacuzzi and a water slide. There is also a nice private beach for the kids to play (and they also have boogie board rentals though they are a bit on the expensive side). You can check the food cost here - https://dining.conrad.rdmenu.com/ .
I don't specifically know the turnaround time for the COVID test at the airport, we got ours done at the resort (its certainly more expensive - $65/pp instead of $30/pp at the airport). You may have to leave fairly early on the day of your flight to keep enough time for the COVID results. However the testing at the resort IS super convenient.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:49 am

Thank you all for this helpful information! We (2 adults + toddler) are traveling to the Conrad in a few weeks with a standard reward redemption for 5 nights with gold status. It will be our post-vaccine trip and we couldn't be more excited.

Hoping for an upgrade but ideally the ground floor/partial ocean view units will probably work the best for us with having a little one.
Old May 7, 2021, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by khgagne
Any updates from your 7 night stay? Curious to hear about upgrade and diamond benefits (breakfast etc.) as well how was the stay overall?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.