Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Punta de Mita {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: American Airlines, British Airways, Southwest, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by krej27
Any updates from your 7 night stay? Curious to hear about upgrade and diamond benefits (breakfast etc.) as well how was the stay overall?
Hi Krej27.

We had a wonderful stay!

We were upgraded to a King Oceanfront room 633 which was a really nice. Listening to the waves was a real treat. They must have substantially upgraded the breakfast since opening because we thought it was really good. The continental breakfast is included, which is way more food than you can eat or there is a selection of hot dishes for pretty much the same price (i recommend the chili relleno). The buffet would run you an additional $16.
I am a beach walker, so the 2 mile stretch of almost deserted beach was a real treat. Make sure you have dinner at Litibu Grill which is about a 15 minute stroll down the beach as well as sample the Mexican wines that the resort serves! Dinner at Mezquite was very good and if you like octopus theirs' was excellent. They also have live music on Friday and Saturday nights!
We would go back in a heartbeat!
Old May 7, 2021, 12:42 pm

Hi khgagne,

Thanks for the update!

Looking forward to our 2 nights stay at the end of May!

Cheers,
Old May 23, 2021, 7:22 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
I have an upcoming trip to PVR planned. Currently planning 5 nights in Sayulita condo and 5 nights at StR Punta Mita but I’m considering changing to Conrad. Does anyone have a comparison between the two? We are family with small kids. Diamond with Hilton. Gold with Bonvoy (obviously breakfast included pushes me toward Conrad). We loved StR in 2014 when we went but haven’t been back since.
Old May 23, 2021, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by kpott
I have an upcoming trip to PVR planned. Currently planning 5 nights in Sayulita condo and 5 nights at StR Punta Mita but I’m considering changing to Conrad. Does anyone have a comparison between the two? We are family with small kids. Diamond with Hilton. Gold with Bonvoy (obviously breakfast included pushes me toward Conrad). We loved StR in 2014 when we went but haven’t been back since.
We just returned from 6 nights at the Conrad - and as a Diamond - highly highly recommend. We got an upgrade to a 1br suite, and booked a rate that included full breakfast, so got a $30 per day property credit. Property is stunning, super quiet and great kids and family pools. Food is fantastic. We can’t wait to go back. Would recommended booking their Family Funcation package if you can - as that includes full breakfast plus a $200 resort credit. The full breakfast is *significantly* better than the continental which is included for Diamonds (why only continental for Diamonds, I have no idea and a big miss IMO). But since we booked as a package - it worked out better than we could have imagined and loved every minute of it.
Old May 23, 2021, 11:37 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
I have a couple of quick questions about breakfast for those that have been there recently.

Is breakfast buffet style? Or is everything ordered off a menu and served by a waiter/waitress? Is the breakfast price the same for kids?
Old May 25, 2021, 9:01 am

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by kpott
Originally Posted by fisherboe
We just returned from 6 nights at the Conrad - and as a Diamond - highly highly recommend. We got an upgrade to a 1br suite, and booked a rate that included full breakfast, so got a $30 per day property credit. Property is stunning, super quiet and great kids and family pools. Food is fantastic. We can’t wait to go back. Would recommended booking their Family Funcation package if you can - as that includes full breakfast plus a $200 resort credit. The full breakfast is *significantly* better than the continental which is included for Diamonds (why only continental for Diamonds, I have no idea and a big miss IMO). But since we booked as a package - it worked out better than we could have imagined and loved every minute of it.
I would echo fisherboe's comment above that you will likely get a lot more value out of your stay at Conrad especially if you can get the Family Funcation rate. The location is of the StR is certainly much more premium compared to the Conrad so I would say the StR is certainly a "notch" above the Conrad. Having said that the Conrad also has a great facility with family/kids friendly pools and a nice private beach for kids to play. As a Diamond with some rate that gives you free breakfast, you will have a lot of value since you will get the credits on top of the breakfast and their on-property restaurants are pretty decent (along with good cocktails)

Last edited by arshi007; May 25, 2021 at 9:01 am Reason: typo
Old May 25, 2021, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by eknock007
I have a couple of quick questions about breakfast for those that have been there recently.

Is breakfast buffet style? Or is everything ordered off a menu and served by a waiter/waitress? Is the breakfast price the same for kids?
They have two breakfast "offerings". The free one is now buffet style and has some decent hot item options along with fruits and breads (beware that its nothing to rave about). If you just want some breakfast, its available (and has improved since the last few months when the buffet was not there). There is also the "full breakfast" which is what you get if you book any FHR rate or any direct rate that includes breakfast. The full breakfast includes any of the hot speciality items on their menu and those are actually pretty good and worth taking advantage of.

I'm not a 100% sure but i recollect having some kids menu but if you have more than one, you might be better of booking the Family Funcation rate which will cover the kids breakfast for free.
Old May 25, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by arshi007
They have two breakfast "offerings". The free one is now buffet style and has some decent hot item options along with fruits and breads (beware that its nothing to rave about). If you just want some breakfast, its available (and has improved since the last few months when the buffet was not there). There is also the "full breakfast" which is what you get if you book any FHR rate or any direct rate that includes breakfast. The full breakfast includes any of the hot speciality items on their menu and those are actually pretty good and worth taking advantage of.

I'm not a 100% sure but i recollect having some kids menu but if you have more than one, you might be better of booking the Family Funcation rate which will cover the kids breakfast for free.
What is the upcharge between the free buffet and the expanded buffet?
Old May 25, 2021, 5:19 pm

The continental breakfast that is included for diamond members is $15 (and that's why it is covered by the $15 pp/credit up to 2 guests for diamond members), I did not try it but I'm not even sure it's a buffet, but sounded pretty limited in what you can get. The full breakfast buffet is $32, so you'll be paying $17 as a diamond member for it. It is good, I'd say standard for what you'd expect from breakfast at a property like this, they have a nice breakfast taco/quesadilla station where everything is made fresh.
Old May 26, 2021, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
What is the upcharge between the free buffet and the expanded buffet?
as mentioned, the full bf is $32 vs the $15.
​​​​​ if you are planning to rent a car, you will get much better options outside (like in Sayulita) so it may not be worth paying the upcharge.
if your plan is to stay pretty much at the resort, then you will be better off booking a rate with bf included and then use the gold/diamond credit on property.
Old May 31, 2021, 7:16 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
We're regulars at the FS Punta Mita, but considering trying the Conrad. I've read all the reviews of the Conrad I can find, but I'm still having some trouble gauging how it stacks up to the FS. For anyone who knows both hotels, is it even close? Thinking about the poolside service most importantly -- I have seen all the photos, etc., and know about the location. Thanks.
Old May 31, 2021, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by nnn
We're regulars at the FS Punta Mita, but considering trying the Conrad. I've read all the reviews of the Conrad I can find, but I'm still having some trouble gauging how it stacks up to the FS. For anyone who knows both hotels, is it even close? Thinking about the poolside service most importantly -- I have seen all the photos, etc., and know about the location. Thanks.

I spent 3 nights at the Conrad and visited the Four Seasons for dinner and drinks. I really enjoyed my time at the Conrad but in my opinion they are in vastly different categories. They are also priced very differently as well. I love Punta Mita, but the Conrad was a little tacky and I felt there was just a little something off.
nnn likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 3:14 pm

I believe the continental buffet is $15/pp, and the full buffet is $32/pp. We were given a $30 credit each day to use however we would like. When I saw the final bill, each day there was a $30 credit. We did not have to tell them how to apply the credit, it was automatic. We went with the full buffet in order to have more options. I also had a toddler with me, we were not charged for her but she enjoyed eggs, fruit, yogurt.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 3:19 pm

We were at the Conrad Punta Mita for 5 nights, booked 5 nights with points in order to get the 5th night free. We selected a standard room and were upgraded to an ocean front ground floor at check-in at the hotel. They initially had us in an ocean view on a higher floor and only offered a ground floor for free after they tried selling me an upgrade to a suite. I really didn't care about the suite, I just wanted ground floor. It was nice to have the grass area for our toddler. Overall the service was amazing and we loved our stay. We hope to return once we build up our Hilton points again.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 8:13 pm

Programs: Hilton
Originally Posted by louisc
I spent 3 nights at the Conrad and visited the Four Seasons for dinner and drinks. I really enjoyed my time at the Conrad but in my opinion they are in vastly different categories. They are also priced very differently as well. I love Punta Mita, but the Conrad was a little tacky and I felt there was just a little something off.

what was tacky and off about it? We stayed not long ago and it was great. All the service was good that we experienced. Have not been to the FS, but their prices were def a step up though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.