Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Punta de Mita {MEX}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2021, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just finished a 3 night stay @95k points/night as a HH Gold. Was given $44 daily credit in place of free breakfast, which made me very happy considering the lackluster breakfast reviews. Was also upgraded to an oceanfront room which was very nice.

This was my first time in Punta Mita, which as an area exceeded my expectations.The stretch of beach is pristine with an untouched jungle feel, usually the entire 2 mile beach had less than 10 people on it. It was a nice new resort, but a little too gaudy/large for my liking. Took a cab over to the Four Seasons for dinner/drinks which was a highlight, and also was able to ride the complimentary bikes over to K5 Surf Bar for a dinner which was extremely local, at K5 tacos were $1.50, and Margaritas were $3.50. The bike ride was uphill and was a pretty strenuous 13 minute ride.
garney89 and SoonerMagic like this.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 12:13 am

Any recent diamond stays here? We have 3 nights at the end of next week booked via Impressario in a king bed ocean view and are hoping for a plunge pool ocean suite. We got upgraded from a base room to that category last time we came here when they first opened in October (was only 1 night though) so curious if there’s any other DPs on diamond upgrades.

Seems like the hotel is fairly empty based on room availability ...
Old Mar 10, 2021, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Originally Posted by kthpence
Any recent diamond stays here? We have 3 nights at the end of next week booked via Impressario in a king bed ocean view and are hoping for a plunge pool ocean suite. We got upgraded from a base room to that category last time we came here when they first opened in October (was only 1 night though) so curious if there’s any other DPs on diamond upgrades.

Seems like the hotel is fairly empty based on room availability ...
Are you looking to get an Oceanview suite or an Oceanfront suite? Given that you have an OceanView room, there i a good chance that as a Diamond member, you will get an OceanView suite (most likely when you check in and select the room thru the app, you should be shown some Oceanview suite options (unless they are all taken, which i very much doubt).

We stayed at the beginning of Feb, had booked an OceanFront room and got an OceanFront suite.
Old Mar 10, 2021, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by navatwal
I am a Hilton Diamond member and considering a stay here, I usually stay at the St Regis in Mita, i have some questions:

- does anybody have a contact email for the hotel?
- what type of Ocean front suite are Diamond members being upgraded to? I see a couple of options is it the Premier or regular?
- if i book a rate with breakfast included, i am assuming that i will get full breakfast and can use my Diamond credit for lunch etc
- how far is the hotel from local restaurants such as si senor?
- does hotel have a house car to take u around locally?
Hi, you mentioned that the rate you had booked included breakfast (did it say in the rate if it was a "full breakfast" or "continental breakfast" ? Did you end up getting a full breakfast AND the Diamond credits or was it just one of it ?
Old Mar 10, 2021, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by arshi007
Are you looking to get an Oceanview suite or an Oceanfront suite? Given that you have an OceanView room, there i a good chance that as a Diamond member, you will get an OceanView suite (most likely when you check in and select the room thru the app, you should be shown some Oceanview suite options (unless they are all taken, which i very much doubt).

We stayed at the beginning of Feb, had booked an OceanFront room and got an OceanFront suite.
Either is fine by us ... our oceanfront suite last time was beautiful, but I think the ocean view suites are just as beautiful. We probably won't be spending a ton of time in the room anyway, but it would be nice for the plunge pool at night and extra closet space / larger bathroom.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 1:22 pm

Either is fine by us ... our oceanfront suite last time was beautiful, but I think the ocean view suites are just as beautiful. We probably won't be spending a ton of time in the room anyway, but it would be nice for the plunge pool at night and extra closet space / larger bathroom.
Did you end up getting the upgrade ? Also since you booked thru Impressario, I assume you had free full breakfast included in the rate. Did you also end up getting the $44 credit for Gold/Diamond members ?
Old Mar 17, 2021, 5:49 pm

Did you end up getting the upgrade ? Also since you booked thru Impressario, I assume you had free full breakfast included in the rate. Did you also end up getting the $44 credit for Gold/Diamond members ?
We'll be here on Friday - Tuesday and will let you know once we arrive. We do have full breakfast included in the rate, I'm not sure yet about the $44 credit ... are you asking if that's additional to the full breakfast ?

Also, we booked a king ocean view, and our reservation is showing a King Oeanfront, but we're hoping for an additional upgrade upon arrival / availability.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 12:16 am

We'll be here on Friday - Tuesday and will let you know once we arrive. We do have full breakfast included in the rate, I'm not sure yet about the $44 credit ... are you asking if that's additional to the full breakfast ?

Also, we booked a king ocean view, and our reservation is showing a King Oeanfront, but we're hoping for an additional upgrade upon arrival / availability.
oh, looks like we will be overlapping, arriving on Sunday and leaving on Thursday 🌞

you should get upgraded to a suite and yes, i was inquiring about getting the $44 credit in addition to the breakfast since the credit is for diamond members.
well, we shall find out soon
Old Mar 18, 2021, 9:11 am

oh, looks like we will be overlapping, arriving on Sunday and leaving on Thursday 🌞

you should get upgraded to a suite and yes, i was inquiring about getting the $44 credit in addition to the breakfast since the credit is for diamond members.
well, we shall find out soon
Just as an FYI, I messaged them through the app and they placed us in an ocean view suite in casa 8, which seems pretty sufficient and has fairly unobstructed views of the ocean. These rooms actually looks slightly more private than the ocean front rooms as there's no one on the beach looking up towards your room. I'm not sure what sort of upgrade we would've received had we not asked (granted we had been upgraded from ocean view king to an ocean front king already), but we'll probably take the room we get tomorrow as we mainly just wanted a suite for the plunge pool and added space.

I'll keep you posted on the potential additional $44 credit - would be nice to use on a couple mimosas every morning!
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:04 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
I am Diamond and planning a 6 night stay in June then moving on to another part of Mexico. I am reserving two rooms one on points and the other paid. It will be 2 adults and 1 child in each room. The paid rate includes breakfast. I assume that as a Diamond I will get some sort of breakfast with the points reservation. If not, I've read here that you can op for a F&B credit in lieu of the breakfast. Will having two rooms under my name impact the free breakfast/F&B credit benefit for the points reservation?

What benefits can I expect to get as a Diamond if I have two rooms under my name. I have never reserved more than one room before, so I have no idea what to expect. I am ok with not getting anything.

The other question is breakfast for the kids. Does breakfast get extended to them since technically breakfast is for 2 occupants/adults. If I have to pay for it, is the child breakfast offered at a discount rate?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by eknock007; Mar 18, 2021 at 10:33 pm
Old Mar 20, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by eknock007
I am Diamond and planning a 6 night stay in June then moving on to another part of Mexico. I am reserving two rooms one on points and the other paid. It will be 2 adults and 1 child in each room. The paid rate includes breakfast. I assume that as a Diamond I will get some sort of breakfast with the points reservation. If not, I've read here that you can op for a F&B credit in lieu of the breakfast. Will having two rooms under my name impact the free breakfast/F&B credit benefit for the points reservation?

What benefits can I expect to get as a Diamond if I have two rooms under my name. I have never reserved more than one room before, so I have no idea what to expect. I am ok with not getting anything.

The other question is breakfast for the kids. Does breakfast get extended to them since technically breakfast is for 2 occupants/adults. If I have to pay for it, is the child breakfast offered at a discount rate?

Thanks in advance.
With Hilton, it's up to the discretion of the hotel, but hotels only honor benefits on one room. However if you're paying a paid rate, you should book the second room under Hilton Impresario anyway. It would come with a $200 resort credit, confirmed room upgrade and daily breakfast plus you'd still earn points on it.
Old Mar 20, 2021, 11:57 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
With Hilton, it's up to the discretion of the hotel, but hotels only honor benefits on one room. However if you're paying a paid rate, you should book the second room under Hilton Impresario anyway. It would come with a $200 resort credit, confirmed room upgrade and daily breakfast plus you'd still earn points on it.
Thanks for the info. Yeah I looked into Impresario before and their rates were a lot higher than my current rate. Not even the $200 resort credit was enough to sway me to pay the Impresario rate.
Old Mar 25, 2021, 10:26 pm

Just as an FYI, I messaged them through the app and they placed us in an ocean view suite in casa 8, which seems pretty sufficient and has fairly unobstructed views of the ocean. These rooms actually looks slightly more private than the ocean front rooms as there's no one on the beach looking up towards your room. I'm not sure what sort of upgrade we would've received had we not asked (granted we had been upgraded from ocean view king to an ocean front king already), but we'll probably take the room we get tomorrow as we mainly just wanted a suite for the plunge pool and added space.

I'll keep you posted on the potential additional $44 credit - would be nice to use on a couple mimosas every morning!
Just to give my own DP, I completed a stay that was booked with the Family Funcation rate directly off the Hilton/Conrad site. With that stay, I got $200 resort credit, full breakfast included for two (this is the breakfast you want to go for since it includes the hot items which are actually pretty decent) and as a Diamond MyWay benefit, I got $30 credit ($15 per person - they have reduced the $22 per person credit now to $15, since they have started offering hot items in the "continental" buffet breakfast).
Old Mar 26, 2021, 6:07 am

Just to give my own DP, I completed a stay that was booked with the Family Funcation rate directly off the Hilton/Conrad site. With that stay, I got $200 resort credit, full breakfast included for two (this is the breakfast you want to go for since it includes the hot items which are actually pretty decent) and as a Diamond MyWay benefit, I got $30 credit ($15 per person - they have reduced the $22 per person credit now to $15, since they have started offering hot items in the "continental" buffet breakfast).
Nice to hear they listened to reviews and updated their breakfast offering. That was the worst Conrad breakfast we ever had, and the low point of our stay in Punta de Mita.

Are they still charging for Covid-19 tests? Many resorts are offering complimentary tests and for the price Conrad charges I'm surprised they can't afford that.
Old Mar 26, 2021, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by garney89
Nice to hear they listened to reviews and updated their breakfast offering. That was the worst Conrad breakfast we ever had, and the low point of our stay in Punta de Mita.

Are they still charging for Covid-19 tests? Many resorts are offering complimentary tests and for the price Conrad charges I'm surprised they can't afford that.
Yes, they're charging $65pp which is crazy IMO - Waldorf Pedregal only charged $30 or $35, and that hotel is of another class than this one (and is undoubtedly more expensive). With that said, you don't technically pay the hotels for the COVID tests, you pay a 3rd party provider, but it's still a bit crazy for $65 pp.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.