Conrad Punta de Mita {MEX}

Old Feb 16, 2020, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Conrad Punta de Mita {MEX}

The new Conrad Punta de Mita in Puerta Vallarta is taking bookings for stays from May onwards. A few months ago when the hotel first started taking bookings, there were cash rates as well as Points rates, both Standard points and Premium points. However, since a couple of months ago, they seemed to have removed points booking option. I've emailed the hotel a few times, but no response. I spoke to Diamond Desk, and they didnt know what it meant, and tried to call the hotel but no cigar. DD provided me with Hilton Guest Relations number to make a complaint, but they also didnt have any info, nor seemed bothered. They just said it is up to the hotel to decide what rates available.

Surely Hilton corporate should be interested, and be able to definitively know, why a hotel is failing to accept points bookings?

The centrl Guest Relations desk suggested that this might be an All Inclusive property (nothing on the website, nor the cash rates which indicates this!), and therefore they are not obliged to offer Points bookings. That is not true is it? Surely they just make for a higher points rate, but bookings nonetheless? She then went on to suggest that this hotel could be fully sold out on its points rates. Even for the most sought after 'aspirational' hotels you can find the odd day available, especially a year in advance. But not a sausage for the Conrad, so dont believe it is an availability thing. Especially as standard rooms are still bookable for cash.

Any ideas, or any Lurkers who may wish to provide insight?
Old Feb 18, 2020, 8:50 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by kryten22uk
...Any ideas, or any Lurkers who may wish to provide insight?
Our apologies for any inconvenience, but there is a known technical issue for this hotel that we are sorting through. When I get an update on it, I will be glad to come back and update the thread.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
SanDiego1K and squeakr like this.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Perfect,
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:42 am

Thanks for your patience while we sorted through this, but we think we have resolved this technical issue.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 10:47 am
Original Poster

Great, it looks fixed now.

Can you also confirm whether this is going to be actually an All Inclusive property or not? The lady on Guest Relations phone line was adamant than it was as she had marketing material saying it was. But the website and booking engine is completely devoid of any information suggesting AI.
Ta
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I was thinking about hopping down somewhere warm, stumbled upon this new Conrad -- Interesting!
I've enjoyed the all-inclusive Hilton in PVR, good times there.
I explored google a bit and saw nothing that suggests this Conrad is AI. If you filter Hilton's website to show "all inclusive only" it doesn't come up (nor does any Conrad...). Come to think of it, I can't recall there ever being any AI Conrads or WAs. Just Hiltons and a DT in Turkey.

Still, I'm game to try this new place. Looks good. It's a little late in opening (surprise!) and sounds like there's some story about the previous property this is being "reimagined" into a Conrad from. La Tranquila Resort got great reviews on TA, and seemed fairly new to be closing. Hmm. Well, that area is being pitched as the new hot location, so I guess I'll have to keep eyes open for some opening day deals!

Link to some behind the scenes if you're interested: https://hoteldesigns.net/industry-ne...ad-playa-mita/
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
La Tranquila Resort got great reviews on TA, and seemed fairly new to be closing. Hmm.
Apparently it was owned by a cartel as a money laundering exercise. Got shut down.
Old Feb 26, 2020, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Great, it looks fixed now.

Can you also confirm whether this is going to be actually an All Inclusive property or not? The lady on Guest Relations phone line was adamant than it was as she had marketing material saying it was. But the website and booking engine is completely devoid of any information suggesting AI.
Ta
Apologies for the delay in answering, but the brand confirms that this will not be an all-inclusive resort.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks again.
Old Oct 6, 2020, 12:04 am

Any reviews of this place, particularly from Diamonds?8.5.1
Old Oct 31, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I would be interested in any reports as well. Thinking about a december trip
Old Nov 17, 2020, 5:53 pm

Hotel is absolutely stunning.. just spent a week there. The hotel itself, since it just opened, was absolutely immaculate. From the open air lobby to the room to the pools, beach and common areas everywhere was top notch. Food was good, Mezquite, their beach grill was amazing for dinner with live music and a beautiful sunset. Paleta, their pool bar and grill, is a great spot lunch. Their wood oven pizzas and pina coladas while sitting by the pool made for a great afternoon, good nachos and tacos too. The free breakfast, was very disappointing. Worst breakfast I've had at any Conrad!!! Not sure if its due to covid or what but I've had better at Hampton Inn so that needs serious work. I originally booked an Oceanfront room for $231/night (cheapest rate I've seen at this hotel). Asked about an upgrade to oceanfront plunge pool room and the graciously provided that free of charge as a Diamond upgrade. Also received $44/night on site credit for F&B as HH Diamond. Due to covid Mexico has capped resorts at 30% occupancy so most of the time the pool and beach was empty, great for social distancing bad for business. They do temperature checks at the lobby and follow Hilton's mask policy while inside. Overall it was an amazing experience, top notch service and a perfect spot for an escape from the Covid madness we are living in.

Old Nov 17, 2020, 6:18 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by garney89
Hotel is absolutely stunning.. just spent a week there. The hotel itself, since it just opened, was absolutely immaculate. From the open air lobby to the room to the pools, beach and common areas everywhere was top notch. Food was good, Mezquite, their beach grill was amazing for dinner with live music and a beautiful sunset. Paleta, their pool bar and grill, is a great spot lunch. Their wood oven pizzas and pina coladas while sitting by the pool made for a great afternoon, good nachos and tacos too. The free breakfast, was very disappointing. Worst breakfast I've had at any Conrad!!! Not sure if its due to covid or what but I've had better at Hampton Inn so that needs serious work. I originally booked an Oceanfront room for $231/night (cheapest rate I've seen at this hotel). Asked about an upgrade to oceanfront plunge pool room and the graciously provided that free of charge as a Diamond upgrade. Also received $44/night on site credit for F&B as HH Diamond. Due to covid Mexico has capped resorts at 30% occupancy so most of the time the pool and beach was empty, great for social distancing bad for business. They do temperature checks at the lobby and follow Hilton's mask policy while inside. Overall it was an amazing experience, top notch service and a perfect spot for an escape from the Covid madness we are living in.

Glad you had a great trip! Did the pool in the room have jets like a hot tub? How was the quality of the beach?
Old Nov 17, 2020, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Michael19887
Glad you had a great trip! Did the pool in the room have jets like a hot tub? How was the quality of the beach?

Unfortunately the plunge pool was not jetted although the water is warm which is great after the sunsets. The hotel does have a hot tub (which we didnt find until our last day) which was nice and hot with jets.

Beach was very pleasant, nice and wide and free of tree branches and other debris. Most days was yellow flagged due to waves but didn't have any issues swimming. One thing I'd mention they just started beach service last month, until then they didn't even put umbrellas and chairs out. So I noticed service for drinks at the beach wasn't nearly as attentive as the pool but hopefully they will get better as things pick up. They only put up about 20 or so chairs but that was never an issue as most of time it was empty.
24.05.2004 and Michael19887 like this.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 8:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

Really appreciate the report. You've put the hotel on my list, garney89.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.