Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Adam1222
If I understand you correctly, you would book 5 nights with points (one free), and a 6th for cash.
There is no reason not to have all 6 nights in your name. Using the aspire card to pay for the 6th wont impact your points earning.
That's correct. I would be dropping the 6 nights points reservation to 5 nights (with 5th night free) and rebooking the 6th night for cash on a new reservation, then having the $250 Resort Credit applied to that last night.

I've had the Aspire for about 24 hours and have already found a way to take advantage of $500 in travel credits on trips I have planned already thru March. And that is not even getting into the free night cert. My Airline credit will reset on 1/1/2019 and my Resort Credit/Free Night will reset in late April, which is my original account opening date with AMEX.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:36 am

Charged room to aspire card at Hilton garden inn in Toronto which posted on oct 30. Still haven’t received resort credit. It was on the resort list.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Gcheng888
Charged room to aspire card at Hilton garden inn in Toronto which posted on oct 30. Still haven’t received resort credit. It was on the resort list.
Um, I think you may be confused about the resort list. There are two properties in Canada, neither are a Hilton Garden Inn or in Toronto.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Um, I think you may be confused about the resort list. There are two properties in Canada, neither are a Hilton Garden Inn or in Toronto.
if I go to www3.hilton.com/en/resorts/index.html and search Canada there are 130 or am I going to the wrong link?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gcheng888
if I go to www3.hilton.com/en/resorts/index.html and search Canada there are 130 or am I going to the wrong link?
Hello,

The qualifying resorts are listed here:

http://www.hilton.com/resorts
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:59 am

ah ok I see the ~200 resort list. I was just using the search and thought those quailified. thanks guys
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:12 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Alaska,Delta Silver
Hilton "Resorts"

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Hello,

The qualifying resorts are listed here:

http://www.hilton.com/resorts
Just looked for our reserved Hilton stay at Hilton Waikiki Beach. Unfortunately not on "resort" list. And we have to pay a $30 a day "Resort Fee".

Last edited by JetstreamJ; Nov 10, 2018 at 12:26 pm
Old Nov 10, 2018, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by JetstreamJ
Just looked for our reserved Hilton stay at Hilton Waikiki Beach. Unfortunately not on "resort" list. And we have to pay a $30 a day "Resort Fee".
Yes. Since the beginning of this card, it has been clear that the use of the word "resort" in describing the property, or even in the name, does not correlate with the list of eligible resorts.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Sorry there is a lot going on in this thread and I am not sure I am reading this right. A lot of people like to yell and tell me to "go back to post number xyz" but please don't yell at me, but just trying to understand what I am reading.

Did @trooper report that if you purchase ANY Hilton at "Advance Purchase" (which is non-refundable) youll get credit even though it's not a resort just so long as Hilton is billing it? Did I read that right, or was he talking about something else?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by JetstreamJ
But check the wiki of this thread though, the Hilton Waikiki Beach was reported as triggering the credit in spite of not being listed on the resorts list. It's obviously a "resort" type property so just an oversight on the Hilton resorts website that hasn't been updated yet.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
But check the wiki of this thread though, the Hilton Waikiki Beach was reported as triggering the credit in spite of not being listed on the resorts list. It's obviously a "resort" type property so just an oversight on the Hilton resorts website that hasn't been updated yet.
Someone reported that. It doesn't mean it was an oversight on the Hilton website. It could be a coding error the other way due to how the stay was charged. There are many Hilton "resort type properties" not on the list, and there havent been reports of others triggering the credit. You may get the credit triggered, but you can't assume it's the oversight you're guessing.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Did @trooper report that if you purchase ANY Hilton at "Advance Purchase" (which is non-refundable) youll get credit even though it's not a resort just so long as Hilton is billing it? Did I read that right, or was he talking about something else?
You didn't read it quite right. The claim is only for any Hilton Honors property in the USA. That's because advance purchases for all Hilton Honors properties in the USA are charged to Hilton central, not to the individual hotel, and thus Amex can't tell from such charges whether the hotel you booked was a resort or not. So they used to not give credits for actual resorts in the USA on advance purchases, and now they may giving credits for any HH hotels in the USA on advance purchases. (Or they may go back to the previous policy of no credits for USA advance purchase.)

Amex created this paradox by not researching how USA advance purchases are billed before creating this resort credit. I presume that in the long term Amex will work Hilton to resolve this paradox (say, by having resort list USA advance purchases code a little differently than non-resort-list USA advance purchases), but in the short term only "extreme" solutions (giving credit for either ALL or NONE of USA advance purchases) seem possible.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
I've been watching this thread for a while -- particularly since I was planning a trip to Bali and thinking about the Aspire card. I got the card a couple of weeks ago, and then booked the Hilton Bali, using the Advance Purchase rate. Since it was quoted in Indonesian Rupiah, I assumed that it would be billed from the resort.

It took a few days. But, finally, the $250 credit posted on my Aspire account today. So, that's one more data point to indicate that Advance Purchase rates will get you the resort credit, as long as it's the resort doing the billing.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: AC SE100k, MT Ambassador, HH Diamond, Accor Diamond, Avis President's Club, National Emerald Club
Forgive me if this was already answered but I just received the aspire card. If I use the Hilton credit now will it refresh January 1 or does it actually refresh on my actual card anniversary?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Aker
Forgive me if this was already answered but I just received the aspire card. If I use the Hilton credit now will it refresh January 1 or does it actually refresh on my actual card anniversary?
I know not the right post but I am wondering this as well for the airline credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.