Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
The first one rings a bell. Must still be policy. I think they provide smaller size dishes.
The dishes were always the same size when we ordered for kids.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by goliath
The dishes were always the same size when we ordered for kids.
"I will have a plain hamburger, please. My seven year old would like two lobsters."
Old Nov 20, 2019, 4:49 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Well, no afternoon tea sucks. Not because I'm desperate for a few free pastries and a coffee, but more that it gives the impression the resort now values your status less than they did before.

With us leaving at the end of the week for our stay, it's not the best start...
I agree. It is always nice to be made to feel special

People spend a lot of money with hotel chains to get status
Old Nov 20, 2019, 5:12 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Question for everyone: Do all Conrads have Afternoon Tea? I suppose they do as they all have Executive Lounges (apart from Rangali, CKS & CBB of course).
I've stayed at quite a few Conrad hotels - Singapore, London, Bangkok, Dubai, Hong Kong and Dublin. Every one has had some kind of afternoon tea on offer in the lounge.

Not sure if this page showed Afternoon Tea before, but it certainly doesn't list it now: https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/.../maldives.html
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by enox5
I agree. It is always nice to be made to feel special

People spend a lot of money with hotel chains to get status
...or they simply get a credit card to get status (in the US). @:-)
Old Nov 20, 2019, 6:40 am

Exactly.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:40 am

Can you get Diamond via a credit card in the States?

I was always surprised properties like this treated Gold and Diamond effectively the same.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:49 am

Yes, through the Hilton Honors Aspire card ($450/year with $250 credit at Hilton properties).

In Germany, you can get Gold for EUR 48/year with the DKB Hilton Honors Visa, Diamond if you spend 20k EUR annually with the card.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 7:52 am

You most certainly can and have been able to for a long time.
The Conrad had a lot of differences in benefits, i.e; more for Diamonds, that were not published on their website or that page linked above.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:04 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Platinum, IC Ambasador, Marriott Gold, Taj Gold, Radisson Gold
Very true. I have my Hilton Gold through UK AMEX Platinum, so I wouldn't want to judge!

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Can you get Diamond via a credit card in the States?

I was always surprised properties like this treated Gold and Diamond effectively the same.
It takes a lot of effort to organise (now finished) afternoon tea and happy hour. It is not really possible to differentiate between golds and diamonds, without entirely excluding gold from events

Also, it is a pain for the hotel to maintain a list of different sets of elites, and provide different benefits to each

Last edited by Canarsie; Nov 27, 2019 at 7:04 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:43 am
soy

Programs: various
I recall thinking the end of afternoon tea was always on the cards once they decided to move it from Mandhoo to Vilu.
Shame its gone, but there has been a slow chipping away at benefits for a few years now. I think they are getting to a point where there is not much left to cut without having a outsized negative impact on the Rangali value proposition
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:43 am

Originally Posted by enox5
Also, it is a pain for the hotel to maintain a list of different sets of elites, and provide different benefits to each
I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but pretty much every other Conrad and Hilton property manages to differentiate pretty well.

Personally I think Hilton has been diluting benefits for a long, long time now - and for a few years properties I frequent in the Middle East have been telling me that they're much more likely to upgrade/look after repeat guests than just because someone has status - because so many now effectively have it for 'free'.

As a result, I jumped ship to Marriott this year and got up to Titanium with them - only to find out I still qualify for Hilton Diamond as a perk of my airline status! So I've effectively become that which I sought to avoid.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 9:56 am

Dont be surprised if this resort is axed from the Hilton portfolio, considering there are two brand new properties. With the recent change in ownership anything is on the table....
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: HH MP
I have a stay scheduled next month. I am a Diamond and booked a Beach Villa with points. An upgrade to one of the newly renovated sunset-facing over-water villas will run about $1500 a night all in. For those of you that have been before, do you think the upgrade is worthwhile? Let's say 1/2 of this because it is during peak, high demand season, and the other half is because of the nicer room. Would it be worthwhile at $750 a night?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
I returned from a stay last month, my biggest disappointment was the apps at happy hour - they had been cut down dramatically from my previous stay 2 years before. Not that they were huge before, but I had loved getting four different decent sized bites of interesting food. The food given had been reduce to two things and have gotten so small i thought it almost was pointless to give out anything at all.

i'm not looking to complain because anything free is better then nothing free, but it was something I missed from my previous stay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.