Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by alp67
Keep in mind, the buffet will set you back around $ 290 pp (service+tax included), drinks are included though. If you don't drink alcohol, you still will be charged the same amount.
I know your report is much much more recent than mine (August 2017) but when we spoke with our host about the L&C dinner, we asked if there was a food only option. He said he would get back to us, which he did, and was approved. The cost was either $175++ or $185++ (I can't recall exactly now but I am 100% certain it is either of those two).

Originally Posted by SingaporeJunkie
Thank you! I think I'm going to do L&C dinner instead of Ithaa. Seems like a better deal with better food.
Just be mindful that you skip Mandhoo and Vilu Hours before any specialty buffet to keep the stomach nice and empty.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Thank you, very good points. I would be okay skipping Ithaa but the problem now is I already showed my girlfriend the pictures of the restaurant and I think skipping it is no longer an option.
You can do the cocktails just before noon, is $75 plus taxes and fees.

Last edited by fedechat; Feb 25, 2018 at 5:44 pm
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: LH Sen
How is the occupancy?

The question is directed at someone currently on the property.
How is the current occupancy? I’m arriving in three days and just curious what to expect.
Thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by ukiechris
How is the current occupancy? I’m arriving in three days and just curious what to expect.
Thanks.
Read post # 2413 that was posted yesterday.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
I know your report is much much more recent than mine (August 2017) but when we spoke with our host about the L&C dinner, we asked if there was a food only option. He said he would get back to us, which he did, and was approved. The cost was either $175++ or $185++ (I can't recall exactly now but I am 100% certain it is either of those two).
You're right with that, but my experience was not with L&C but with Fisherman BBQ instead.
Saying this, I missed out asking, whether they do a discount on a non-alcohol Fisherman BBQ or not, as they most probably will do. But then, we told our waiter my wife will not drink any alcohol, so he recommended mocktails to her. While doing so, shouldn't he proactively charged a lower price without beeing asked, IF there is a non-alcohol option to be had?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:51 am

Sounds like a better deal than Ithaa, with better food. Need to find cost of L+C. I arrive on a Thursday and leave Wednesday afternoon so Fisherman's BBQ is unfortunately not an option.
As we did Ithaa last year ending up with a close to $1k bill for the two of us (menu + 1 bottle of Ruinart), I'd also say, L+C dinner is definitely the better value-for-money option.
Food was great at Ithaa though!
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by ukiechris
Thanks.
I'm not there anymore but beeing there last week when it changed from busy to rather quiet and having spoken to both the GM and Exec. chef and learned, they (CR) start feeling the impact of the State of Emergency starting last week after the Chinese New Year.
I highly doubt the occupancy rate is more than 80%. I did a quick search and there are 40+ rooms available on March 6th, so it will be rather very quiet.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by fedechat
You can do the cocktails just before noon, is $75 plus taxes and fees.
Wow, is this true? Do I need to reserve that?
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Yes it's true and you do need to reserve. Just ask your host.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by alp67
As I reckon they gonna serve Ruinart (it's their "House Champagne") the price per bottle is $140++ everywhere. Can someone else varify?
At least when we were there, it was a Ruinart at the L+C beach dinner. It was nice to see one of my favorites in a place so remote and special.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:14 pm

Programs: TK Gold, Etihad Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold.
Hi All,

We are here as well. Staying in a family water villa, which is great with kids. The hotel has gotten a bit quieter in the last couple of days. There are a number of gold and diamond members here at the moment with the happy hours busier than past years.

We are having a great stay, yet agree with a few others that mentioned the quality of the food has gone down a bit since our last visit and a small bit of cost cutting has been done. We had the fondue like we have every year and found that to be a great dinner. The menu at Vilu will be changing next month, apparently it was delayed by another few weeks. We found that the breakfast menu at Vilu is less extensive than in the past. In Atoll market, they now only serve the lowest cost cheese you can find at the grocery store on the breakfast buffet; which is a bit disappointing when you know they have higher quality cheeses available.

Overall, we are still loving our stay and the GM goes out of his way to say hi to repeat guests and HHonors Elite Members. I hope the new menus that will come out shortly will bring up the quality to that of previous years.

What was interesting is they have been doing some paired dinners with Champagne houses. For Valentines Day, they had a 5 course dinner with 5 different glasses of champagne from Veuve Cliquot for $250++ and in December they had a pairing at the Chinese restaurant with Krug for around the same price. Unfortunately no such special diners during my stay.

Cheers,

Timo

Last edited by timo469; Feb 26, 2018 at 7:19 pm Reason: clarification
Old Feb 26, 2018, 7:52 pm

i think i read somewhere before that the beach villa is not an independent unit - as in, you have to share wall with others.
so is the beach villas similar to a semi-detached (UK english) or duplex (US english) home, where you share wall with one neighbor?
or is it actually a 4plex home, where you might share wall with 1 or 2 neighbors, which means that the best units will be the one on each side?

what about the deluxe beach villa? do you have to share walls as well, or is it purely an independent unit by itself
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
All Beach Villas are units of 4, so you will be sharing 1 or 2 walls with your neigbours. Some Deluxe Beach Villas do share a wall, some don't. See picture attached:

Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:02 am

Ah I see. Thank you so much for the diagram, this is super helpful
Old Feb 27, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), IHG Platinum Elite, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by timo469
The hotel has gotten a bit quieter in the last couple of days. There are a number of gold and diamond members here at the moment
We’ve been here (almost) a week and noticed a sharp decline in number of guests in the last couple of day too, big at breakfast and at Mandhoo/Vilu between 4 and 6pm. We were surprised how many Chinese guests ignored their government’s advice and came here for CNY regardless, but largely now gone. (Re discussions in this thread, those we encountered were generally more socially attuned to western norms than prior experience led us to expect... although loudly FaceTiming during breakfast at Atoll Market seems to be the current trend)

I’ll post a few thoughts when we get home. Generally very pleased. Never been to a Maldivian resort this big, and there are pros and cons. A few service issues from the minor (comically slow coffee at breakfast, to the point we’ve ended up stacking orders because we thought they’d forgotten) to the more major (putting us in a SWV where wit no prior warning the neighbouring villa was having its thatched roof loudly replaced by a team of about 6 who we could hear from indoors and who could look straight down on us on our sun terrace). We asked to be moved back to our previous DBV because of that and some other preferences, and are hugely relieved to be back. Food generally good. Ithaa surprisingly good. Ufaa surprisingly uninspiring.

A few more days to enjoy before we have to face the snow in London...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.