Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

New Delays in Points Balance Updating and Other Confusion

New Delays in Points Balance Updating and Other Confusion

Old May 2, 19, 6:35 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PNS
Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Posts: 1,302
New Delays in Points Balance Updating and Other Confusion

When I've previously cancelled points reservations, the points reappear in my account within 5-10 minutes. I cancelled a points reservation yesterday and as of almost 24-hours later, the points have not reappeared. HHonors Twitter Support says "please be patient as they should post soon".

I'm still missing points from an 10,000 point promo bonus back in March. HH Twitter initiated an investigation 2+ weeks ago and I've had no response.
aww3583 is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 7:40 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: RDU <|> MMX
Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Posts: 6,080
Originally Posted by aww3583 View Post
When I've previously cancelled points reservations, the points reappear in my account within 5-10 minutes. I cancelled a points reservation yesterday and as of almost 24-hours later, the points have not reappeared. HHonors Twitter Support says "please be patient as they should post soon".

I'm still missing points from an 10,000 point promo bonus back in March. HH Twitter initiated an investigation 2+ weeks ago and I've had no response.
Nothing really new here, I'd say that in the past, of all the awards I've cancelled, 90% of the time the points go back immediately, while the other ~10% of times they don't. Since you haven't seen them as of 24 hrs later, you're going to need to call Hilton and have them escalate, which IME can unfortunately take a few days to 1-2 weeks.
JJeffrey is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 5:05 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PNS
Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Posts: 1,302
Called the Diamond Desk...

The points from the cancelled reservation posted immediately. Their system shows a running total that reflects same.

The Diamond Desk agent with whom I had previously booked a points + certificate reservation with booked it incorrectly which led to the huge discrepancy in points. The amount of the discrepancy was the same amount of the cancellation points.

Tonight's phone agent said the only way to remedy the incorrect reservation was to cancel the entire reservation and wait until the points repost (could be instantaneous, could be 24 hours) and then call back and re-book it, hoping inventory doesn't change. She said that "depending on which agent I get when I call in" they could be "on a fast server, or a slow server." She gave me a customer service bonus which was nice.

Sounds like customer service is as frustrated with IT as the actual customers are.
aww3583 is offline  
Old May 3, 19, 5:45 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: PNS
Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
Posts: 1,302
Cancellation points took about 8 hours to post.

I tried to make the desired reservation via the app and of course, it showed no availability. Last night, when I proposed this exact scenario to the Diamond Desk agent, she said "Oh I expect no issues. I can see 15 rooms available for points in that specific room type."

I called in to the Diamond Desk and they echoed the results shown online. Mysteriously, all 15 of the 2Q rooms described as available 8 hours were showing as unavailable.

She was able to "force" (her term, not mine) into an accessible room at the standard room award rate.
aww3583 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread