Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How does the Miles & More offer work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How does the Miles & More offer work?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I will also be staying at the same hotel next week (MXP airport) and see if they can update the invoice. It's worth a try, but I don't understand why it didn't work. All my previous bookings worked fine.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No way of updating the invoice, but they assured me that the FFP number if never printed on the invoice, in the same way your HH number is never on the invoice. Maybe, but have any of you been successful in claiming missing miles for stays right at the end of October?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 10:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver; AerClub Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
I had a couple of stays that didn't post the LH bonus as the front desk was unable to change the FF number at checkout.
I emailed Honors and they fixed it in a matter of hours.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 7:18 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by MP001
I had a couple of stays that didn't post the LH bonus as the front desk was unable to change the FF number at checkout.
Glad they solved so soon.

I sent a mail to the Diamond Desk at the beginning of last week and they have opened a case. I am awaiting a response.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Concerto
I’m having problems with a stay completed on 30th October. The miles did not post along with the usual stay points and I chatted with Hilton. Apparently Lufthansa credits the miles, not Hilton in this promotion. My stay posted on 5th of November and Lufthansa will not credit miles for a stay that posts after the end of October, apparently. So it looks like stays right at the end of the promotion could be tricky.
That's unfortunate. I had a stay checking out 10/29 that took longer than normal to post because of the system updates. No points from Lufthansa. I guess I won't bother to try to chase then down.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Concerto
I’m having problems with a stay completed on 30th October. The miles did not post along with the usual stay points and I chatted with Hilton. Apparently Lufthansa credits the miles, not Hilton in this promotion. My stay posted on 5th of November and Lufthansa will not credit miles for a stay that posts after the end of October, apparently. So it looks like stays right at the end of the promotion could be tricky.
That can't be right... it takes a few days for the miles to post, so any stay with a check out date on October 30th had zero chance of posting before the 31st on M&M.

I have a couple of stays that took a long time to post, and still havent done so on M&M. I'll be extremely disappointed if I don't get those miles.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:30 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by RafKa
That can't be right... it takes a few days for the miles to post, so any stay with a check out date on October 30th had zero chance of posting before the 31st on M&M.

I have a couple of stays that took a long time to post, and still havent done so on M&M. I'll be extremely disappointed if I don't get those miles.
Fully agree and more with the changes they were doing @ HH
Old Nov 19, 2018, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds like a simple email to Honors might be the way to go, judging from one of the posts above. M&M is becoming a real pain, though, I have an outstanding rental from Budget that simply hasn't posted. And Eurowings flights are barely posting at all, with retroclaims disappearing into hyperspace, seemingly.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 4:18 pm

I had 4 hilton stays, but only the stay ending 10/27 got posted for 2500 miles, i am still waiting on the other three, which ended 10/28, 10/30, 11/1 (checked in 10/31), my guess is the DB upgrade that occurred 10/30 messed up the posting time.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 6:22 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
I had 4 hilton stays, but only the stay ending 10/27 got posted for 2500 miles, i am still waiting on the other three, which ended 10/28, 10/30, 11/1 (checked in 10/31), my guess is the DB upgrade that occurred 10/30 messed up the posting time.
I wonder if anything transferred over to Lufthansa after the system upgrade? Mine & my husband's stays, which all previously had a 2500 in the miles earned column, now show 0 in that column even though the miles had previously posted to Miles & More. But the last stay in the bonus period, checking out on 10/28, never showed anything in that column.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like it’s going to be a bit of a fight, which I am getting increasingly weary with as far as these things go. In a week or two, I will just write to Honors, as suggested above.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
I had a stay too 30-31Oct which didn't post yet. I think the TOS said it can take up to 4 or 6 weeks. After that, I will send the Diamond desk
​​desk. All other stays posted within 5 days.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MP001
I see you're Diamond, so you've probably got a special email address for issues related to your Honors account. Either that, or you just landed on a very good and helpful agent.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by more4less
Glad they solved so soon.

I sent a mail to the Diamond Desk at the beginning of last week and they have opened a case. I am awaiting a response.
I had to contact Diamond Desk twice for stays where the front desk had not applied the M&M number correctly. First time it was sorted in minutes, second time they refused to post the miles, after asking why it could be done the first time a case was also opened. Keep an eye on your M&M and Honors account as the miles did post after a week or so, but I never got a response.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any news here? Anything exciting happening? I'm still out a stay with checkout on 30th October.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.