Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas {US-NV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas {US-NV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2023, 11:30 am

I completed my 1 night FHR stay at the WA in Vegas on a Sunday night checkin. Couple notes:
  • Got upgraded to a Junior Suite.
  • Hotel was not crowded at all
  • I enjoyed the gym as there was a nice view of the strip and the ambiance was nice
  • Free water bottles in the lobby and gym. They would also deliver to the room for free.
  • The food hours are quite limited between the main restaurant area and in room dining. I missed lunch and still had credits leftover but at 3pm there were zero food options until 5:30pm (this was a Monday for reference)
  • To my surprise they applied all my food credits to tax and tip as well. This helped use some of ~$70 leftover credits I thought I had.
  • I still had $19 leftover even after using the credits for tax and tip so they decided to apply it towards the resort fee which was awesome.
  • The hotel car never seemed available. They were always on "break" or "driving the CEO around" lol
Overall a very nice stay. Did not feel like Vegas but it's still right in the middle of Vegas with great views. Not feeling like Vegas could be a good or bad thing depending on personal preference. I personall still love the feel of a place like Bellagio when I'm in Vegas though.
jktraveler and AKNorth like this.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 2:55 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Wow you won the lottery a suite and a dining credit used towards the resort fee? Nice job they must like you
They make the house car available to those they see as worthy typically.Even under the previous management it was tough and the new management
I don't even think I would ask! The door men typically had the most power to arrange in the past or higher ups and a number now gone.
They shared back then who was qualified though the hotel would claim based on availability every guest could use the car service.Of course sure!
Old Jan 28, 2023, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Wow you won the lottery a suite and a dining credit used towards the resort fee? Nice job they must like you They make the house car available to those they see as worthy typically.Even under the previous management it was tough and the new managementI don't even think I would ask! The door men typically had the most power to arrange in the past or higher ups and a number now gone.They shared back then who was qualified though the hotel would claim based on availability every guest could use the car service.Of course sure!
I wish they wouldn't even advertise the car drop-off as a perk since it seemed completely useless for most people and pretty much what you described. But a minor complaint overall.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 3:58 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by shoonseiki
I wish they wouldn't even advertise the car drop-off as a perk since it seemed completely useless for most people and pretty much what you described. But a minor complaint overall.
I'd love to tell them I need them to run me down to the Mansion for dinner.
Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:29 pm

I stayed at The Langham in NYC and they had a house Maserati.
Anytime I requested it they said its not available.In that case I realized the car was never ever there!
Now they advertise a Jaguar times are tough!

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Jan 28, 2023 at 5:58 pm
Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:31 pm

For FHR stays have people been getting breakfast included on the day of checkin as well?
For reference, no free breakfast for us on day of checkin at WA (nor Bellagio/Palazzo for that matter).
Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:36 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
For reference, no free breakfast for us on day of checkin at WA (nor Bellagio/Palazzo for that matter).
How early were you checking in?
Old Jan 29, 2023, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
How early were you checking in?
Around noon so maybe that was the issue. But it sounded like it wouldn't be allowed regardless...
Old Feb 8, 2023, 9:30 pm

I have a stay coming up and got a email from the "personal concierge". In the part about dining she stated that there is no food or drink service at the pool. This was our favorite part about this hotel, the calmer pool with service. Can anyone who has been recently confirm that there is no longer food and drink at the pool?
Old Feb 8, 2023, 9:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, RR A-list, National Exec
Originally Posted by Skoolz60
I have a stay coming up and got a email from the "personal concierge". In the part about dining she stated that there is no food or drink service at the pool. This was our favorite part about this hotel, the calmer pool with service. Can anyone who has been recently confirm that there is no longer food and drink at the pool?
Guessing that is seasonal. I had lunch poolside both days of a stay in late September.

A lot of people forget that Vegas is cold in winter. Not sure you'd even want to eat by the pool when the temp is in the high 50s as it will be later this week.
Old Feb 13, 2023, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, I'm surprised the pool is even open, many are closed between October and March, and it's not reliably pool weather until mid-April (but of course there can be nice sunny days in March, even 65 in the desert sun is pleasant, but once you're in the shade, forget it, especially if there's any wind).
Old Feb 17, 2023, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM; UA GOLD 1MM; HILTON DIAMOND; HYATT EXPLORIST; MARRIOTT/IHGGOLD
Flawless stay!

Just back from a 2 night return visit to the WA Las Vegas. It's been a couple of years but the property gave us a fantastic experience. There is construction of a new lobby so you have to enter the hotel through the meeting room area on third floor but other than that there is no inconvenience. Just a few of the many positives:

Concierge reached out a week in advance with special requests etc

Diamond upgrade to a strip room which is worthless basically but a day out got an e standby offer for upgrade to Villa Suite at steep discount (only 270/night which given the suite usually goes for 1100-1500/night was a steal and well worth doing)

Easy friendly check in and diamond status recognized with clear written explanation of benefits
For the two of us $50 food credit applied to any and all charges including room service and got credit for both days even though had no food charges on the check out day (compare this to the crappy option at the Conrad Resorts World)

Proactive check ins by text/app message daily. Our flight was delayed several hours requiring last minute cancellation of spa appointments....concierge via the app managed to reschedule without penalty charge in just a few messages.

Suite is 1600 square feet and beautiful. Some signs of aging but minor things (scratched tables etc). Only real negative is irritating lack of outlets for charging devices.

​​​​​​Daily housekeeping AND evening turndown service. Water bottles plentifully replaced for free. On day we had privacy sign on, was messaged to ask if we needed cleaning service and arranged for it to be done when we were gone from the room. Flawless.

Room service was true five star experience with full setup on arrival with proper napkins, cutlery and condiments etc just like it should be. Food was excellent None of the ridiculous GrubHub plastic delivery like at the Conrad.

Spa visits pricey but facility and service are as wonderful as ever. Calming and quiet.

Easy checkout via app and text.

Overall this is the first stay in a while where it felt like a full service Diamond experience. Couldn't have been more smooth. We will be back for sure. The contrast with our past visit to the Conrad RW a few months ago could not have been greater. Here the experience felt personalized and staff professional and well informed.
Highly recommended.

Last edited by ffdom; Feb 17, 2023 at 5:37 pm
Old Feb 20, 2023, 12:21 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 2/17 to 2/19

Hotel: As mentioned above there is construction underway so it is a way longer walk from the entrance to the rooms than it used to be. I was staying on a FhR stay. You get a $125 property credit with FhR which can be used on dining, valet parking or laundry. They also add in $25 you'd get with Diamond plus a $5 credit for Wifi so I ended up with more money than I could spend.

I love how the corridors look

Check In: Very good service from the agents when I arrived. They upgraded me from my booked Panorama Strip View Suite to a City View Suite. She also explained how the benefits worked. The hotel was great about checking with me ahead of time and texting me to see if I needed anything.

Room: I had a city view suite on the 15th floor. I was very impressed with the room, a full sized living room with a massive TV, large bedroom, large bathroom with two sinks (something I really appreciate) and a full sized closet area. The bedroom had something of an afterthought of a desk too. The room's tech is getting a bit dated though, the buttons for the curtains etc. aren't in great shape. On the plus side there was a Nespresso machine. I don't think I've ever had in room coffee in Vegas.

Also, I was in my room during Saturday morning, the room had already been serviced. While sitting there, three housekeepers came up within an hour. The first wanted to see if I needed anything , the second wanted to "check to make sure I had the right coffee maker" and the third wanted to "check the minibar". It was really annoying and when I voiced this to the third housekeeper I was told I should have used the Do Not Disturb sign.

Dining: I had brunch at Zen Kitchen which had a fun menu with both breakfast and lunch things on it. I also went to Skybar twice for drinks. It's a really nice space during both the day and the night and they had some local beers.

Overall a very good stay. I prefer this hotel to anywhere else I've stayed at in Vegas.
kilo, Michael19887 and MarcusBWI like this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 9:59 pm

Just finished a one night stay using a free "Be Our Guest" certificate. Still had to pay the $51 resort fee. As a Diamond received a Strip view "upgrade" but was told no suites. They did comp my entire breakfast ($39 including tax and tip) rather than just the $25 credit which was a nice gesture. Was given a Noon "late check out" when I asked. No early check in; I arrived at 1 and had to wait until 4pm for my room.

The rooms are very nice (though small). The main restaurant is closed; so food is available during the day on the 3rd floor at Zen Kitchen or SkyBar at night. Breakfast in Zen Kitchen was very good, as was the service.

I like the location even though it is a pain to get into right now with the construction at the main entrance.

I probably won't return as I usually get cheap/comped rooms at MGM Resort properties. It was a decent stay but not above and beyond what you might get at other high end Vegas hotels.

More of my review is here: https://singleflyer.com/2023/02/20/w...-vegas-review/
McCarran likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 11:34 pm

My take is this
Love the ambience of the hotel one of A kind in Las Vegas.Great feeling
the hotel has great bones but the renovation sucks (of course subjective)
The bordello fringe on the new furniture is atrocious How is that a Waldorf compared to Beverly Hills which is timeless and classy
the new bright hallways are glaring and shows every imperfection.Meh
I way preferred the dark classy feel of the Mandarin and their elegant furniture
The bathrooms remain unchanged and the business culture here has slipped under the new management especially with elite recognition.

The dated gym sucks compared to Resorts World or Aria
Zen does a great breakfast with a great service team but I’d rather dine there and stay someplace else
They spent money so far renovating and made nothing better except based on someone’s personal taste
The room rates near doubled.
I may dislike Crockfords and their dining venues but at least they will upgrade a Hilton Diamond to a proper suite
At MGM no resort fees for elites.I had sky high hopes for the Waldorf.I’m out for now.To each their own.
Value aside you could do much worse for sure product & experience wise in Sin City
McCarran likes this.

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Feb 20, 2023 at 11:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.