Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
based on how AmEx credit posting works, if it doesn't post within a week or so (most data points indicate 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 days), it's not gonna post after 8-12 weeks, unless someone manually does it for you.
I don't disagree, but your post taken in isolation didnt make it clear that you were saying it doesnt automatically post. Not everyone will scroll back and look at your repeated posts over the past 4 weeks and discern what you are talking about.

It remains a qualifying property, and Amex gave you an answer that indicates that you need to wait before they credit it manually. This doesn't make it not a qualifying property, and given how confused people remain about the terms of the benefit-- which is pretty clear actually-- your vague post wasn't helpful.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 10:19 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
I don't disagree, but your post taken in isolation didnt make it clear that you were saying it doesnt automatically post. Not everyone will scroll back and look at your repeated posts over the past 4 weeks and discern what you are talking about.

It remains a qualifying property, and Amex gave you an answer that indicates that you need to wait before they credit it manually. This doesn't make it not a qualifying property, and given how confused people remain about the terms of the benefit-- which is pretty clear actually-- your vague post wasn't helpful.
yea, i didn't mean it's not an eligible property, i was just saying the system is not set up to automatically post the resort credit for charges from waldorf astoria la quinta resort (even though it's on the list).
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:32 am

can i add my friend as an AU and have them take advantage of the $250 credit if i'm not going anywhere?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:38 am
ohh

I was planning on joining my SO on a trip to burn the resort credit but unfortunately I can't make it anymore so she's going with her mom.

If I book the hotel myself using my card, call the hotel to give them a head's up, and give her my card to take with her...is that likely to work? Or do I need to be there?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:50 am

Guys, see if any one of you had the experience. I am trying to book a resort in Orlando, and it is on Hilton resort list. Then I saw there is a room rate called 'Another day in Paradise', it is prepay, not refundable, and can't be cancelled either. But when I read the terms in details, it seems to be different from other Advanced Purchase...question is, will this trigger that $250 resort credit? I am more leaning towards Yes, but anybody had any experience?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by ohh
I was planning on joining my SO on a trip to burn the resort credit but unfortunately I can't make it anymore so she's going with her mom.

If I book the hotel myself using my card, call the hotel to give them a head's up, and give her my card to take with her...is that likely to work? Or do I need to be there?
The reservation doesn't need to be in your name, all that matters is that your card is used at a qualifying property. So this depends entirely on the specific hotel and front desk staff and policies, etc.

One option is this: book the reservation in your SO's name, on the check-in day call the front desk and tell them you want to surprise your SO by picking up the tab for her stay and give them your card #. Shouldn't be an issue.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by BlackTea
Guys, see if any one of you had the experience. I am trying to book a resort in Orlando, and it is on Hilton resort list. Then I saw there is a room rate called 'Another day in Paradise', it is prepay, not refundable, and can't be cancelled either. But when I read the terms in details, it seems to be different from other Advanced Purchase...question is, will this trigger that $250 resort credit? I am more leaning towards Yes, but anybody had any experience?
Welcome to FT. That entirely depends on if the prepay is billed by the hotel directly or by Hilton corporate in TN, and from the details here there is no way to tell. What in the terms leads you to believe it's different from other Advance Purchase rates?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Welcome to FT. That entirely depends on if the prepay is billed by the hotel directly or by Hilton corporate in TN, and from the details here there is no way to tell. What in the terms leads you to believe it's different from other Advance Purchase rates?
JJeffrey, thanks for your reply!! I read the terms and conditions for Advance Purchase, there are several paragraphs talking about what this type of purchases really mean, etc., but for Another Day in Paradise, there are no such specifications. That is why I can't tell based on their site, thus wondered if anybody here actually had any experience in this.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:51 pm
ohh

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The reservation doesn't need to be in your name, all that matters is that your card is used at a qualifying property. So this depends entirely on the specific hotel and front desk staff and policies, etc.

One option is this: book the reservation in your SO's name, on the check-in day call the front desk and tell them you want to surprise your SO by picking up the tab for her stay and give them your card #. Shouldn't be an issue.
That's a great idea, thank you!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:48 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Aspire Card

I'm considering getting the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card. I see one of the benefits is a "$250 HILTON RESORT STATEMENT CREDIT". What exactly can this be used towards? Can I use it towards an actual stay at any Hilton?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
I'm considering getting the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card. I see one of the benefits is a "$250 HILTON RESORT STATEMENT CREDIT". What exactly can this be used towards? Can I use it towards an actual stay at any Hilton?
Please refer to this thread, and start by reading the WIKI.
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...rt-credit.html

Quick answer to your questions -
1. anything (room, food, etc.; anything that can be charged to your room)
2. no, only at certain hotels designated as resorts for the purpose of the credit
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:29 am

stayed at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Lancaster, PA on 11/26 for 1 night incurring only the AAA room rate and tax in the amount of $120. it was NOT an advance purchase rate.
for the last few days, i have been logging onto my amex account constantly to see when the credit would show up.
it just did now, @12 pm on 12/01.

Last edited by aegilello; Dec 1, 2018 at 2:33 pm
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:05 am

can i buy GC's to get this credit?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by el_pistolero
can i buy GC's to get this credit?
If you go to one of the eligible properties and buy a GC directly from them, probably
Hilton dot com of course not.

Last edited by Adam1222; Dec 13, 2018 at 8:20 am
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
I have looked and looked at the AmEx website and cannot see when my anniversary date is. Oddly, also, I do not see my annual fee in any of my statements. The first statement seems to be Mar18.

Can I look at the card and figure that the expiry month is the date?? That is February.

I hate that some things are calendar years and some are card month start years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.