Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
I don't understand how there can be so much confusion over whether a property is eligible or not.

If the property is listed at the Hilton Resorts link, then its eligible. If it's not listed there, then it's not. If the Conrad Dubai is listed there, then it's eligible. If it's not listed, then it's not.
This is incorrect. IME there are properties not listed as a resort that trigger the credit. You would be well-served by reading related posts before declaring something as absolute.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:59 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by smmrfld

This is incorrect. IME there are properties not listed as a resort that trigger the credit. You would be well-served by reading related posts before declaring something as absolute.
This is music to my ears. Is there anyway you can elaborate? Feel free to PM me if you want.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist

This is incorrect. IME there are properties not listed as a resort that trigger the credit.
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

For one people are reporting getting the credit at other hotels not listed, so there’s no harm in asking.

A few months ago I added to the end of the Wiki that the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel is not listed as a resort, but I did receive the $250 credit there.

If there are confirmed data points about other properties not listed as resorts where FTers have received the credit, I would suggest those properties/data points be added to the Wiki.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
For one people are reporting getting the credit at other hotels not listed, so there’s no harm in asking.

Secondly I won’t get the credit for the hotel rate. But if I go to dinner at one of the properties, or buy a drink at the property and settle my bill at the end is what I’m talking about, Incidental charges, Room Service etc...

Just to sum up so I understand you correctly, so long as hilton bills you directly, from a resort on the list, you’ll get the credit?
You got it. Anything charged directly by a qualifying hotel to your Aspire card will trigger the credit. If you book a prepaid rate through Orbitz but then charge a $50 dinner to your room, and settle the dinner charge at checkout with your Aspire card, you will get a $50 credit.

I've followed this thread since the beginning so let's be clear so as to not add any confusion. There has been exactly ONE property with a data point of not being on the resorts list but still getting the credit. And this was a rather obvious one in the Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, it's not as if a bunch of random hotels are all of a sudden triggering the credit in spite of not being listed. The Amex terms are very clear that a property must be on the list.

If there are other examples of multiple "properties" that are not on the list but still triggering the credit then by all means please speak up, so that we can all benefit.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:20 pm

Good for you to be following since the thread started. There are members who’ve gotten the credit at places not listed. Whether he wants to share that in public is his business.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
There are members who’ve gotten the credit at places not listed.
What is your basis for saying that? What places?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Good for you to be following since the thread started. There are members who’ve gotten the credit at places not listed. Whether he wants to share that in public is his business.
"His business?" No, this is a forum built on people sharing information. It is at best unhelpful to make a comment like that without identifying the properties? Are you suggesting people should just come to this forum to know there is a chance that one of the 5,000 properties not listed on the website may qualify?
Notably, as demonstrated above, some people seem to think they got credit at places not listed, which were actually listed. I.e., the Hilton Anatole.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
some people seem to think they got credit at places not listed, which were actually listed. I.e., the Hilton Anatole.
...and some people think it is foolish to provide that information in a public forum that is monitored by HH reps and will likely be re-blogged by other travel sites if made public (i.e. AMEX Rebates - When a Hilton Resort Isn’t Really a Resort”). All of a sudden, poof, end of the bonus rebate. PMs also present that risk, as there is no guarantee the properties will remain stealth.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:06 pm

...and some people think it is foolish to provide that information in a public forum that is monitored by HH reps and will likely be re-blogged by other travel sites if made public (i.e. AMEX Rebates - When a Hilton Resort Isn’t Really a Resort”). All of a sudden, poof, end of the bonus rebate. PMs also present that risk, as there is no guarantee the properties will remain stealth.
I tend to agree of not posting it in public. But a PM being hacked by Hilton? I think that’s slightly paranoid.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 11:43 pm

I tend to agree of not posting it in public. But a PM being hacked by Hilton? I think that’s slightly paranoid.
I said no such thing - there is nothing in my post about HH hacking anything. Information shared via PM can then be made public just as easily as a forum post.
Old Sep 8, 2018, 8:54 am

I said no such thing - there is nothing in my post about HH hacking anything. Information shared via PM can then be made public just as easily as a forum post.
Ok cool. Then why bother posting several messages that there are some mystery properties working? By your logic, poof, Hilton/Amex can do a sweep and make sure only the specified properties are working. Does it help any one on here to just say "yes there are properties, no I wont tell you what they are because I will continue to exploit an error and don't want anyone else to"?
If you wont share the property, you have no credibility on your assertion. For all we know, theres a reason- for example, two commonly owned hotels, one of which is a resort one isnt, and they share credit card processing. Or because, like the Anatole, you're wrong.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:27 am

You can be selective in who you share your info with. If it’s a well respected member of the FT community, and you make clear to please keep the information private, I don’t see any reason why sharing info privately is a problem.

Again, it’s up to the person who has the information.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222
Ok cool. Then why bother posting several messages that there are some mystery properties working? By your logic, poof, Hilton/Amex can do a sweep and make sure only the specified properties are working. Does it help any one on here to just say "yes there are properties, no I wont tell you what they are because I will continue to exploit an error and don't want anyone else to"?
If you wont share the property, you have no credibility on your assertion. For all we know, theres a reason- for example, two commonly owned hotels, one of which is a resort one isnt, and they share credit card processing. Or because, like the Anatole, you're wrong.
Your suppositions are wildly off-base.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 6:20 am

Your suppositions are wildly off-base.
My "supposition" is that you havent provided any information to verify your statements. Not sure how that could be "off-base."
Old Sep 9, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
Another data point. It's been a month since a stay at Jewel Dunn River. No credit yet. The phone and chat reps said wait 8-12 weeks. I am assuming HUCA until I find a rep that's competent? Unfortunately last one was foriegn call center.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.