Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Even More New Hilton Honors Benefits in 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80
Full details

FAQ

Yes, Points + Points and Points + Miles earnings are going away, it's replaced with status-based bonuses. Base and silver member earnings winds up worse off. Gold earning wind up a teeny tiny better off. Diamond earning remains unchanged.

Only nights roll over to help with qualification in the following year, not stays or points.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:22 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Hi all,

In addition to the Waldorf Astoria breakfast updates we shared before the New Year, wanted to let you know about a few other Hilton Honors benefits that will be making their debut in 2018. Starting in April, we’re excited to announce that we will be offering the highest elite point earning potential in the industry, along with a handful of other benefits that will ensure every one of your stays count. More details below:

Easier Way to Earn More Points
Beginning April 2018, all members will continue to earn Points the way they always have, while enjoying new elite tier bonus rates for Silver (20 percent), Gold (80 percent) and Diamond (100 percent) members.

Milestone Bonuses (Unlimited!)
Hilton Honors members will earn 10,000 Bonus Points on every tenth night, once they reach at least 40 nights in a calendar year. The more you stay, the more you earn. And there’s no cap. Diamond members will also receive an additional bonus at 60 nights in one year - a 30,000 Bonus Points reward.

Elite Rollover Nights
Starting this year, Silver, Gold and Diamond members can rollover qualifying nights earned beyond their current elite tier requirements to count towards their elite tier status the following year. It’s time to make every stay count!

Gifting Elite Status
The gift that keeps on giving. Members who stay 60 or more nights in a calendar year will also have the ability to gift Gold status to their favorite travel partner. Stay 100+ nights and that gift gets upgraded to Diamond.

Thought it would be helpful to have a visual, so check out the chart below showing the new earning by tier and Milestone Bonuses. (Earn rates shown per $1 spent for Silver, Gold, and Diamond members include Base Points and Elite Tier Bonus; along with Milestone Bonuses, which are based on nights stayed per calendar year.) You can find more information here too, as well as the FAQ.

Happy to take questions and thanks for all your feedback in advance!

Thank you!
Lauren

notquiteaff, sebseb and FFlash like this.

Last edited by Hilton Honors Ambassador; Jan 8, 2018 at 8:13 am Reason: Updated with FAQ Link
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:29 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Thanks Lauren, sure would've liked to see rollover of stay credits. . Overall, happy with these changes.
lcohen999 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Just to clarify - I assume that the rollover and ability to gift status will only apply for people with 60/100 nights in 2018 - so with 69 nights or whatever last year, I won't start my 2018 requalification with 9 nights in the bag, and won't be able to gift?

It's not a massive issue because I'm sure I'll hit the numbers this year as well, but it'd be good to know.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by Cymro
Just to clarify - I assume that the rollover and ability to gift status will only apply for people with 60/100 nights in 2018 - so with 69 nights or whatever last year, I won't start my 2018 requalification with 9 nights in the bag, and won't be able to gift?
Seems pretty clear the answer is no, which is slightly sad for me as I would have like to have seen my 3 surplus nights roll over into 2018.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:02 am

all members will continue to earn Points the way they always have
The chart makes it look like we will no longer earn the 5 bonus points per dollar. If we will no longer earn 15 points per dollar, not including elite bonuses, please be upfront with that and not claim we "will continue to earn Points the way [we] always have."
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
View From The Wing has lots of details. Notably absent from Lauren's post is that Points + Points and Points + Miles are going away. That's getting replaced with the tiered bonus based on your status.

Base and silver members wind up losing out. Gold and diamond wind up essentially equal. Quoting from Gary:

No status members go from 15 points per dollar down to 10

Silvers go from 16.5 points per dollar down to 12

Golds go from 17.5 points per dollar to 18 points per dollar — basically flat.

Diamonds will continue to earn 20 points per dollar
Neil
kaka likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Very disappointing to see @HonorsRepresentative gloss over the fact that most members will earn fewer points under the new scheme.
BearX220, bbbb and florens like this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: LH lifetime Sen; HH lifetime diamond; flying blue silver
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Seems pretty clear the answer is no, which is slightly sad for me as I would have like to have seen my 3 surplus nights roll over into 2018.
Or my 60k of excess base points....
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:38 am

as diamond these changes are great. the milestone points earning is a great addition to pick up some extra points.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
Of course night rollover happens the year after I stay 118 Oh well, I had been looking for more reasons to move stays away from Starwood this year, I think this pushes me firmly to Hilton more.

Very positive changes. If only late checkout and suite upgrades, then it might be the perfect program (for me).
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:23 am

So really no change for Gold and Diamond, but Basic and Silver gets screwed (in terms of earning)......
bbbb and florens like this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by MountainGuy
Of course night rollover happens the year after I stay 118 Oh well, I had been looking for more reasons to move stays away from Starwood this year, I think this pushes me firmly to Hilton more.

Very positive changes. If only late checkout and suite upgrades, then it might be the perfect program (for me).
So why do these changes give you more incentive to move from Starwood to Hilton? I have been Diamond with Hilton for 8 years and have started concentrating my stays at Starwood. Other than breakfast I have found Spg to be much better on delivering benefits. I have received one suite upgrade with Hilton and that was after having to speak with the manager. With gold at spg received an "upgraded" room everytime and when I hit platinum I was put in a suite 10/10 times. I know spg hotels are few and far between but with platinum status match with Marriott for the times I can't stay at Starwood they are as good/ better than the hiltons I have stayed at. Once again Hilton wins for breakfast hands down, but am really trying to decide how to proceed this year. Most years I can only qualify at one chain.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12

So why do these changes give you more incentive to move from Starwood to Hilton? I have been Diamond with Hilton for 8 years and have started concentrating my stays at Starwood. Other than breakfast I have found Spg to be much better on delivering benefits. I have received one suite upgrade with Hilton and that was after having to speak with the manager. With gold at spg received an "upgraded" room everytime and when I hit platinum I was put in a suite 10/10 times. I know spg hotels are few and far between but with platinum status match with Marriott for the times I can't stay at Starwood they are as good/ better than the hiltons I have stayed at. Once again Hilton wins for breakfast hands down, but am really trying to decide how to proceed this year. Most years I can only qualify at one chain.
You would have at least 480 nights with Hilton after 8 years. You're just under half way to lifetime with Hilton for the nights requirement (1000 night/10 years diamond). Maybe push through and get the last 2 years of diamond to meet the 2nd requirement and then spread your stays around so eventually you might hit the 1000 night requirement and gain lifetime Diamond?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by NYC2TheWorld
You would have at least 480 nights with Hilton after 8 years. You're just under half way to lifetime with Hilton for the nights requirement (1000 night/10 years diamond). Maybe push through and get the last 2 years of diamond to meet the 2nd requirement and then spread your stays around so eventually you might hit the 1000 night requirement and gain lifetime Diamond?
Not sure I see the reason for pushing to lifetime Diamond though, the new Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card will give Diamond status immediately. The new card will have a $250 annual airline incidental credit and a $250 annual Hilton resort credit, as well as one weekend award night each year, which more than makes up for the $450 yearly fee. Diamond is basically free at this point.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12

Primarily because of the merger. There's nothing about Marriott that I've enjoyed. I came late to the Starwood game, and definitely have enjoyed my stays there the last year, but I don't know what 2019 and moving forward will be. Hiltons are everywhere, I have hundreds of nights that I've stayed there, it's simple to check in on my phone, walk to my room, open door with phone and stay. While Hilton points are very devalued, I see points as a thing that happens as a by-product of traveling so much for work. Far easier to find Hilton properties to redeem at worldwide. Even if they do cost 95,000 points . With this plan and the new CC, I could be looking at 27k pts for 4 night stay before promos.

I don't care about breakfasts. I enjoy the club level, but of the perks at all the chains the only thing I use often is the free water bottles. I do love the SNA's with Starwood .... but will those stay? I like the late checkout and upgrade .... but realistically I don't use late checkout and suites are only good when I'm on vacation.

I'm bummed the Waldorf in NYC is down for a bit, but I'll push stays to Hilton and take a nice trip to some Hilton property for free(ish) instead of a St Regis. Marriott could wow me with the coming changes, but I don't see that as likely. I just don't know what Starriott will be, but I know a lot more now what Hilton will be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.