Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Even More New Hilton Honors Benefits in 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: missamo80
Full details

FAQ

Yes, Points + Points and Points + Miles earnings are going away, it's replaced with status-based bonuses. Base and silver member earnings winds up worse off. Gold earning wind up a teeny tiny better off. Diamond earning remains unchanged.

Only nights roll over to help with qualification in the following year, not stays or points.
Print Wikipost

Even More New Hilton Honors Benefits in 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

In addition to the Waldorf Astoria breakfast updates we shared before the New Year, wanted to let you know about a few other Hilton Honors benefits that will be making their debut in 2018. Starting in April, we’re excited to announce that we will be offering the highest elite point earning potential in the industry, along with a handful of other benefits that will ensure every one of your stays count. More details below:

Easier Way to Earn More Points
Beginning April 2018, all members will continue to earn Points the way they always have, while enjoying new elite tier bonus rates for Silver (20 percent), Gold (80 percent) and Diamond (100 percent) members.

Milestone Bonuses (Unlimited!)
Hilton Honors members will earn 10,000 Bonus Points on every tenth night, once they reach at least 40 nights in a calendar year. The more you stay, the more you earn. And there’s no cap. Diamond members will also receive an additional bonus at 60 nights in one year - a 30,000 Bonus Points reward.

Elite Rollover Nights
Starting this year, Silver, Gold and Diamond members can rollover qualifying nights earned beyond their current elite tier requirements to count towards their elite tier status the following year. It’s time to make every stay count!

Gifting Elite Status
The gift that keeps on giving. Members who stay 60 or more nights in a calendar year will also have the ability to gift Gold status to their favorite travel partner. Stay 100+ nights and that gift gets upgraded to Diamond.

Thought it would be helpful to have a visual, so check out the chart below showing the new earning by tier and Milestone Bonuses. (Earn rates shown per $1 spent for Silver, Gold, and Diamond members include Base Points and Elite Tier Bonus; along with Milestone Bonuses, which are based on nights stayed per calendar year.) You can find more information here too, as well as the FAQ.

Happy to take questions and thanks for all your feedback in advance!

Thank you!
Lauren

and where has miles and points gone?
shame, shame.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
They want these cards in users hands as fast as possible for multiple reasons. People shelling out that kind of AF will expect big things an they want to deliver keeps PR strong. Also, you want people using them right?
I have had to replace my Surpass once from damage and had it next day. My CSR came in 24 hours
AMEX doesn't normally overnight cards to me - I have to ask for it. But they have always immediately agreed to overnight cards on request. On the other hand, Citi hassled me about overnighting one of my cards even when it was closed due to fraud protection. Their CS has really gone downhill IME.

My CSR was overnighted without being requested.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:36 pm

Are there details on how rollover works?

Year 1 Stay 70 nights, 10 rollover
Year 2, stay 75 nights + 10 rollover = 85. Does that mean 25 roll over to year 3?

For purposes of lifetime, do rollover nights count both the year they are made plus the year they roll into? (like how marriott does it?) in the above example, would someone earn 145 lifetime nights (70+75), 155 (70+75+10, or 180 (70+75+10+25)
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by treppenlaeufer
With Points & Miles dead and me being forced to collect Points and Points now, as a Diamond with 30-40 stays p.a. but usually less than 60 nights, I am part of that group that actually lose out here. Shame, as I had a good steady influx of Avios via Hilton, especially through promos as the current one with Iberia.
I use Points and Points but end up with about the same stays.

I would say it is a total wash for me. Would be nice if stays carried over too but what can you do.
treppenlaeufer likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
amanuensis - Thank you. I think you have now made this issue clear.
I did make one typo, which I corrected in my post. I originally wrote, "some other way than stays" when I meant to write, "some other way than nights."

So if it is getting close to December and a person has got 59 nights, a decision would have to be made about whether it would be better to push for Diamond or stay at Gold and have a big head start towards requalification next year. If many people decide to stand pat and send their last stay or two of the year to a different chain, then Hilton might need to look at letting us choose whether 60 nights means Diamond or Gold + 20 rollover nights.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:02 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Just for clarification on the rollover, there are years where I’ll have 180+ nights. So if I have 180 nights in year 1 but 0 nights in year 2 will I carryover 120 nights into year 3? And then if I stay 0 nights in year 3 will I carryover 60 nights into year 4 and still be Diamond?
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Originally Posted by flyerbaby19
Are there details on how rollover works?

Year 1 Stay 70 nights, 10 rollover
Year 2, stay 75 nights + 10 rollover = 85. Does that mean 25 roll over to year 3?

For purposes of lifetime, do rollover nights count both the year they are made plus the year they roll into? (like how marriott does it?) in the above example, would someone earn 145 lifetime nights (70+75), 155 (70+75+10, or 180 (70+75+10+25)
I would have thought that rollover nights expire one year after, i.e., the extra nights accumulated in Year 1 will help with your Year 2 qualification, but will not help with anything starting from Year 3.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by puchong
what good does a room guarantee do if the hotel inflates the applicable rate? For those of use who pay hotel bills out of our own pocket, a guaranteed room that comes at 2x or 3x the 'normal' cost is no benefit at all.
I strongly disagree. If I desperately *need* a room and every hotel is sold out, being able to get one, even at a higher-than-I'd-usually-pay rate, is a very valuable benefit. I certainly don't expect hotels to free up deeply discounted rooms for me on a whim when they are otherwise completely sold out.

Where I've been disappointed in the "diamond force" is in how frequently it's not available when I need it. With Marriott, for example, the platinum guarantee is available at any sold-out hotel (with very, very few exceptions). HHonors hotels seem to be able to get out of the benefit by claiming they are oversold by a very small percentage.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 8:41 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
To be clear then for any multi-day stay its best to book as individual nights to max out these new rules?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: Marriott TITANIUM, BWR Dia, IHG, Millemiglia Alitalia
Apart from these new bonus rates for Golds and Diamonds, will we be getting the usual 25% or 50% bonus points due to status?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by JHIN
To be clear then for any multi-day stay its best to book as individual nights to max out these new rules?
Unless you switch hotel HH will merge them into one stay anyway.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:02 am
cjd

Originally Posted by JHIN
As Raffles states, it won't make any difference as these new rules refer to nights and not individual stays. Example: a 6 night stay booked as 6 one night stays is still one stay and 6 nights.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:13 am
cjd

Originally Posted by GoldenItalianBoy
Apart from these new bonus rates for Golds and Diamonds, will we be getting the usual 25% or 50% bonus points due to status?
These have now been modified and incorporated into the new features. HonorsRepresentative's original post states: new elite tier bonus rates for Silver (20 percent), Gold (80 percent) and Diamond (100 percent) members. What Lauren doesn't mention is that these rates also incorporate Points + Points and only really benefits Gold and Diamond members. Points + Miles will finish and one of Honors main features, "Double Dipping" is therefore finishing. Personally, I rarely used Points + Miles, much preferring Points + Points, so this change has no effect on my points earning.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:37 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Does qualification/ requalification to elite levels based on stays still on? I can do it ususlly based on stays but not if it's based on nights.
Yes, you can still qualify on stays. The Honors website about these new features states: You will still earn elite tier status through stays, nights and spend (Base Points) - no changes there.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:38 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by cjd
These have now been modified and incorporated into the new features. HonorsRepresentative's original post states: new elite tier bonus rates for Silver (20 percent), Gold (80 percent) and Diamond (100 percent) members. What Lauren doesn't mention is that these rates also incorporate Points + Points and only really benefits Gold and Diamond members. Points + Miles will finish and one of Honors main features, "Double Dipping" is therefore finishing. Personally, I rarely used Points + Miles, much preferring Points + Points, so this change has no effect on my points earning.
But if it's true (and are we sure?) that there will no longer be any additional promotions (double points, the current 2,000 per stay, etc.) your points earning will always be the same...as if there were no promos going on. And since for the past forever there has almost always been an additional promo going on, this does lessen your points earning potential.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.