FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Even More New Hilton Honors Benefits in 2018
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:09 am
NYC2TheWorld

Programs: UA 1K, National Car EE, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Platnium/Lifetime Silver
Originally Posted by flying_donkeys12

So why do these changes give you more incentive to move from Starwood to Hilton? I have been Diamond with Hilton for 8 years and have started concentrating my stays at Starwood. Other than breakfast I have found Spg to be much better on delivering benefits. I have received one suite upgrade with Hilton and that was after having to speak with the manager. With gold at spg received an "upgraded" room everytime and when I hit platinum I was put in a suite 10/10 times. I know spg hotels are few and far between but with platinum status match with Marriott for the times I can't stay at Starwood they are as good/ better than the hiltons I have stayed at. Once again Hilton wins for breakfast hands down, but am really trying to decide how to proceed this year. Most years I can only qualify at one chain.
You would have at least 480 nights with Hilton after 8 years. You're just under half way to lifetime with Hilton for the nights requirement (1000 night/10 years diamond). Maybe push through and get the last 2 years of diamond to meet the 2nd requirement and then spread your stays around so eventually you might hit the 1000 night requirement and gain lifetime Diamond?