Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad New York Midtown {US-NY} (formerly The London NYC)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: Primarily Hilton & Delta
Originally Posted by rcmiller
FYI. After originally showing a late May reopening date, I noticed the website now has a listed reopening date of July 1st. I've got a 3 night stay in early July so fingers crossed it actually reopens by then.
I was afraid this would happen... Now opening has been pushed to July 8th and they have cancelled my reservation. I wouldn't be surprised to the see the opening pushed back again. I guess I will now look at The Quin and hope their June 28th opening date is achieved.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:51 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Yep, they dumped us for a 3-night stay in July.

I would assume every reopening will be pushed. No one is taking seriously the number of qualified people who bailed on the region in the past 18 months. Your typical hotel clerk that was laid off isn't even in the Tri-State area, let alone housekeeping staff.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by rogo
Yep, they dumped us for a 3-night stay in July.

I would assume every reopening will be pushed. No one is taking seriously the number of qualified people who bailed on the region in the past 18 months. Your typical hotel clerk that was laid off isn't even in the Tri-State area, let alone housekeeping staff.
Timely news, as I’m scheduled for a week on July 24. When was your stay that was cancelled?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by beachfan
Timely news, as I’m scheduled for a week on July 24. When was your stay that was cancelled?
I have a short stay at the end of July. If they don't reopen will Hilton rebook us somewhere comparable or just cancel the reservation?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 2:56 pm

Programs: Primarily Hilton & Delta
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I have a short stay at the end of July. If they don't reopen will Hilton rebook us somewhere comparable or just cancel the reservation?
Hilton will not rebook you anywhere else due to the hotel being closed. My email from the hotel this weekend said they are cancelling my reservation free of charge (gee thanks..) and I was welcome to book their sister property, the Conrad Downtown. No offer of a discounted rate or anything like that. Interestingly, they said they cancelled my reservation but it still shows up on my upcoming stays list in the app and online. I guess I will end up having to cancel it myself.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 9:30 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hi! Booked the hotel for a four night stay in October on Snaptravel.com as the rate was better than on Hilton.com. As I wanted to see the reservation in my Honors app I asked Hilton support for the confirmation number and linked it to my Honors account. After opening the reservation on the app I noticed that the room category I am booked in is "Deluxe Room - 1 Queen Bed". I do not find any information about this category on the website and this room type is also not sold on Hilton.com. Also, the hotel states it would be an "all suites" hotel and therefore I am unsure what this room is. Anybody had a recent experience? Do they even have regular rooms?

Old Jun 17, 2021, 11:03 am

FYI -- This hotel is reopening with less than 1/3 of its total rooms available in inventory.

Last edited by saaveraward; Jun 17, 2021 at 12:47 pm
Old Jun 30, 2021, 10:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any updates from those holding July bookings.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Jet Blue, UAL, IH G Platinum Ambassador, Hilton Gold
When I stayed here I noticed on the floor plan in the room, there were some very small rooms shown on the diagram. Unfortunately, this is probably what you have. At the time I booked, these rooms were not shown as an option.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist (marriage perk)
Rates in October are in $700s; is this normal? This seems more like Ritz/St Regis pricing.
Old Jun 30, 2021, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by outgoing
Rates in October are in $700s; is this normal? This seems more like Ritz/St Regis pricing.
Not uncommon during high demand periods.

The StR and RC are rarely available below $900.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by beachfan
Any updates from those holding July bookings.
We have a booking next week that has not been canceled, and I got an email today trying to sell an advance upgrade. Hoping the booking will hold and we'll have a good experience!
beachfan and happychic like this.

Last edited by clarence5ybr; Jul 23, 2021 at 4:29 pm
Old Jul 8, 2021, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by clarence5ybr
We have a booking next week that has not been canceled, and I got an email today trying to sell and advance upgrade. Hoping the booking will hold and we'll have a good experience!
Just got off the phone with the front desk; they did open today, so it looks like barring a major setback reservations from here on in should be good.

I also clarified some things that were listed as available on one part of the website, but unavailable due to COVID on another part of the website. They said valet parking is available, and in-room dining will be open (thus we'll be able to use F&B credit!).
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2021, 11:02 am

It seems like standard room 95k HH points books into 1 bedroom suite - is this normal for Conrad? For my date (Aug. 1-2), there doesn't seem to be any rooms available, only five suites (1 bedroom, city view 1 bed, park view 1 bed, park view premium 1 bed, sky suite 1 king). I have the St.R booked, but heard some horror stories about how they treat points guests from the FT thread and my email as well as phone communications with the St.R about upgrading to a suite (Plat member) and/or arranging flowers/bath for my anniversary celebrations have left me less than impressed. No offer to help with flower arrangements, just a "we don't upgrade in advance, also only two floors are open so chances are low. Use an SNA" [except only SNA option atm is Grand Luxe room].

I'm considering booking this instead for our one night stay, does anyone have experience with how they treat Diamond guests these days? I originally went with Marriott thinking I could use my SNA and there's more guaranteed benefits, but, well...
Old Jul 22, 2021, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by tajee165
It seems like standard room 95k HH points books into 1 bedroom suite - is this normal for Conrad?
Not for Conrad in general, but Conrad Midtown is billed as an 'all suite' hotel, thus suites seem to be considered as a regular booking at this property.

Originally Posted by tajee165
does anyone have experience with how they treat Diamond guests these days?.
Had a recent booking for a City View 1BR Suite, and was upgraded to Park View 1BR Suite (was a multi-night stay so UGs were likely tighter than they would be for a one-night stay).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.