Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-DC} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-DC} (no longer Honors)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2006, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA,HP,MP,DL,SPG, MR
Originally Posted by tenmoc
I too was looking at a return visit here in September. However at the new prices listed for the dates I need (about $170.) I will be looking elsewhere.
For the sub $100 I had last time its a no brainer to return here. For what I would pay at other hotels I'd rather try out new places.
For our stay next May the rate is $295. so you have a bargain!!
Old Aug 9, 2006, 7:32 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by tenmoc
I too was looking at a return visit here in September. However at the new prices listed for the dates I need (about $170.) I will be looking elsewhere.
For the sub $100 I had last time its a no brainer to return here. For what I would pay at other hotels I'd rather try out new places.
I will be back here September 15-17, got the great rate we had last time, $94.00 without the parking.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 10:59 am

Smile

After considering the very mixed reviews, I was persistent and just got the Hilton Homewood Suites in DC. It sounds much better and if any of you have been there, I would appreciate your opinions.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 8:15 pm
Suspended

Question I Am Really Confused!

Was the OP requesting information about the D/T Guest Suites on New Hampshire Ave that is near GW University???

Or, was she requesting information about a suite (as opposed to a standard room) at the fairly new D/T on Rhode Island Ave (the former Washington Terrace ) hotel?

For that matter, were the responses from some about the former property, or the latter??

It is truly unclear, and I think that is why the responses seem to be diametrically opposite to each other. From what I have seen, although the rooms can be small at the latter, I believe that the rooms have been renovated in the last couple of years and so are unlikely to be tired as some have stated -- although, that could be the case for the Guest Suites property on NH Ave.

So, OP which one were you actually referring to????????????????
Old Aug 31, 2006, 9:37 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, US Airways Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hertz 5 star
The OP Stated the DT at 1515 RI Ave. Thats the address for the DT Hotel not the DT suites.
Old Aug 31, 2006, 10:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nshook12
The OP Stated the DT at 1515 RI Ave. Thats the address for the DT Hotel not the DT suites.
Hi All: My grandson is graduating from George Washington University in DC in May of 07. We just got the date and most of the hotels are sold out already. I was able to get a reservation for the Doubletree Suites at 1515 Rhode Island Avenue.
Emphasis Added.

I am sorry to point this out to you, but there is NO D/T Suites at 1515 RI Ave, there is a D/T hotel at that address, but not a SUITES property. The SUITES property is located on NH Ave.

As you can no doubt see, she identified the property as the D/T SUITES, and not the D/T hotel.

Further, she indicated that she would be attending a graduation from GW. The DT SUITES property IS located near GW, since it is sited in the area known as "Foggy Bottom" in DC.

Therefore, it appears that either she was inquiring about the D/T Suites but noted the wrong address, or she misidentified the D/T on RI Ave as a SUITES property, when it is not.

It is quite unclear to which property she was originally referring to, as well as the responses that she received since she combined the address of one with the title of another.

Hence, my original query stands.

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Aug 31, 2006 at 10:58 pm
Old Sep 1, 2006, 8:46 am

Programs: HH Diamond, NWA
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Emphasis Added.

I am sorry to point this out to you, but there is NO D/T Suites at 1515 RI Ave, there is a D/T hotel at that address, but not a SUITES property. The SUITES property is located on NH Ave.

As you can no doubt see, she identified the property as the D/T SUITES, and not the D/T hotel.

Further, she indicated that she would be attending a graduation from GW. The DT SUITES property IS located near GW, since it is sited in the area known as "Foggy Bottom" in DC.

Therefore, it appears that either she was inquiring about the D/T Suites but noted the wrong address, or she misidentified the D/T on RI Ave as a SUITES property, when it is not.

It is quite unclear to which property she was originally referring to, as well as the responses that she received since she combined the address of one with the title of another.

Hence, my original query stands.
I agree, one can't tell which property she was asking about.

I spent a week at the DoubleTree Suites on New Hampshire Ave near GWU last month. The suite was very nice and I'd stay there again. No restaurant, but they deliver light breakfast to the room for diamonds.

BTW - there is a great Italian restaurant right across the street
Old Sep 1, 2006, 8:58 am

My apologies for the confusion. I was under pressure to make a reservation quickly and originally booked the DT at 1515 Rhode Island Avenue. That's why I asked for info. I did discover that this WAS only a hotel and not suites and due to that as well as the mixed reviews, changed to the Hilton Homewood Suites. I've stayed at Homewood Suites in other cities and like them so I feel much more comofortable with the new reservation. Sorry for the confusion.
Old Sep 2, 2006, 1:17 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Marysunshine
My apologies for the confusion. I was under pressure to make a reservation quickly and originally booked the DT at 1515 Rhode Island Avenue. That's why I asked for info. I did discover that this WAS only a hotel and not suites and due to that as well as the mixed reviews, changed to the Hilton Homewood Suites. I've stayed at Homewood Suites in other cities and like them so I feel much more comofortable with the new reservation. Sorry for the confusion.
The Homewood Suites is a very nice property built new on a vacant parking lot about five years ago. It is like most other Homewood Suites and is located between 14th and 15th Streets NW next to Massachusetts Avenue within 6 blocks fom the White House. It is one block closer than the DT Hotel on Rhode Island Avenue. The DT is a very old former Radisson that later became the Washington Terrace before it was rebranded as a DT.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 10:49 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Hotel has just undergone a renovation (which finished on the day we arrived).

Key points:

- upgrade to Junior Suite as HHonors Diamond
- 2 continental breakfast coupons per day - worth $10 in restaurant
- Rooms refurbished, new carpets, drapes, and some furniture
- Bath tub and toilet not changed
- Public areas smart if small

All round pretty good.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 11:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Markie
Hotel has just undergone a renovation (which finished on the day we arrived).

Key points:

- upgrade to Junior Suite as HHonors Diamond
- 2 continental breakfast coupons per day - worth $10 in restaurant
- Rooms refurbished, new carpets, drapes, and some furniture
- Bath tub and toilet not changed
- Public areas smart if small

All round pretty good.
I'm not clear, did they do any renovations in the bathroom? The way your post reads to me, is that they renovated the rooms and bathroom but left the toilet and bathtub the same.

I like the property, but have not returned because I thought the room, although large, was maintained but the furniture was dated. Same thing with the bathroom. Large but yet dated. Do they still have those whirlpool tubs?

The restaurant and lounge are were nice.

Any pictures? I like reviews with pictures.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 12:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by Cheap Elite
I'm not clear, did they do any renovations in the bathroom? The way your post reads to me, is that they renovated the rooms and bathroom but left the toilet and bathtub the same.

I like the property, but have not returned because I thought the room, although large, was maintained but the furniture was dated. Same thing with the bathroom. Large but yet dated. Do they still have those whirlpool tubs?

The restaurant and lounge are were nice.

Any pictures? I like reviews with pictures.
I will see if I can get pictures, new paint and wall paper in bathroom and new shower head. No whirlpool tub in my room, large, deep round bath, which was excellent for the Brit that I am.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Just stayed there for a night, so thought I'd provide a brief update. Basically, the hotel was fine, included a free upgrade (I guess because I'm a Diamond) to a very big room that they might even call a suite. Bathroom could use a bit of an update, but no problems with it. Good enough breakfast, with service staff very quick to supply coffee and juice as soon as I sat down. Front desk staff a bit on the informal side, including when I checked in at about midnight and no one was there until I finally noticed and rang a small bell. Still this just a minor glitch. I'd go back.
Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:26 am
Suspended

DoubleTree Troubles at DT New Hampshire Av in DC

Wonder if others have had DT bad experiences of late. A few weeks ago I had an awful stay at the DT on New Hampshire Avenue in D.C. The manager never responded to my e-mail of specific concderns. They have a non-trained staff.

I wonder if Hilton is about to cut DTs out of the Hilton family?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
I wonder if Hilton is about to cut DTs out of the Hilton family?
Because of your bad stay?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.