Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-DC} (no longer Honors)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2001, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott

I was wondering if anyone had stayed at this hotel or had information about it. I have some friends who are going to DC for a week with their kids, and have booked 8 nights here. Thanks.
Old Jan 26, 2001, 6:35 pm

Thanks

Last edited by linda85003; Jun 7, 2014 at 10:50 am
Old Jan 20, 2006, 8:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum
Doubletree Washington DC

I just finished a stay at the Doubletree Washington DC on Rhode Island Ave, and so far my best Hilton experience as a Diamond member. They know what service is.

1. I check in on Monday night, they upgrade me to a suite, put me on the Executive floor (8). After I came back from dinner, the manager introduced himself to me and told me let him know if I have any trouble at all...or if I needed anything. That added touch means a lot once in a while.

2. They gave me 'FULL' breakfast coupons.

3. Free high speed internet access, just had to call front desk.

4. I had a gift when I got to the room...Water....Chocolate...Cookies...Nuts....etc. .

5. I was also told the Fiji water, 5 dollar charge doesn't apply to me so I can drink all the water for free. This water is seperate from the one I received as a gift.

6. Next day I received a fruit plate, which was pretty good.

7. I usually wake up late so I don't have time for breakfast.

8. In the morning, I hear a knock on the door and guess what....Breakfast was delivered to my door.

9. Great service, staying here again in two weeks and weeks after that.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 9:23 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
Wow! They gave you the royal treatment.

Perhaps they thought you were someone important.

Thanks for reporting about your great stay. It's going to be hard to top that on subsequent stays.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 9:28 am

Oh it was great. Best hotel I've stayed at so far in DC. I've been in DC for pretty much six months now.

They probably just thought I was a kid, like everywhere else they do. I'm only 23 lol. But of course, I'm important lol
Old Jan 20, 2006, 10:59 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Thumbs up

Good post. Time for me to book a stay here!
Old Jan 20, 2006, 12:36 pm

Forgot to mention, I got 5 or 6 chocolates everyday too
Old Jan 20, 2006, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA-2MM; GalacticXpress-Irridium
Great service! OP please post your experience on your next stay to see if they are consistent.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 8:35 pm

Will do in two weeks.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 1:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nchaurdia
Oh it was great. Best hotel I've stayed at so far in DC. I've been in DC for pretty much six months now.

They probably just thought I was a kid, like everywhere else they do. I'm only 23 lol. But of course, I'm important lol
You have been in DC for six months, have all your nights been at the DT?
That could be a reason for all of the above great treatment, as well as you being important.

And sure, a 23 year old "kid" who travels enough to hold top tier in sevaral hotel and FF programs.

And on your #8, breakfast was delivered to your door... w/o you asking for it?

And I do agree, that is some great treatment!
Old Jan 22, 2006, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH Silver
Thanks for the ringing endorsement of the Doubletree. I just booked there for a 2 night stay in February mainly because it was the most affordable (and convenient to my business) Hilton brand available. I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn before but it was not available. So, I figured I'd give the Doubletree a chance. I'm interested to see what they will do for a Gold vs a Diamond.

Yes, my first post . . . finally. Been lurking for months and FT has been a wonderful resource.
Old Jan 22, 2006, 7:31 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cpicard
Yes, my first post . . . finally. Been lurking for months and FT has been a wonderful resource.
Welcome to FT!
Old Jan 22, 2006, 7:52 pm

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
What about the gym in this location? Is it free for silver, gold, diamond (I know it's no onsite)... A group of us are up at the Hilton Embassy Row, we wanted to get into the Embassy Suites, but couldn't get them to drop the rate low enough and the Capital Hilton raised their rates too. We've been looking that the DT down there, but were concerned about interet --which I see is fixed, and the gym facilities.

Thanks!
Old Jan 28, 2006, 2:42 pm

To update, I had another stay there, and I have no complaints. Had chocolate covered strawberries when i checked into the upgraded room I received.

Other then that, the water was free, free internet access (all I had to do was call downstairs). Got free breakfast coupons, so most of the service does stick around, but obviouslly not going to be pampered every week i assume.

The gym...Ummm that's something I really need to go to lol..So I dont know where it is or how it works. Only thing I hate about this place is the walk to the metro.
Old Jan 30, 2006, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
I stayed at the Washinton Doubletree last week. As a HH gold did not get the same royal treatment as OP, but a nice stay in a good location.

As a HH Gold VIP I received free internet, daily continental breakfast coupon, and my request honored for late checkout on last day of stay (2 PM). I did not receive a room upgrade, or daily goodies in room (but was not really expecting those). They gave me a rear facing room (view of back alley, side streets, backs of other apartment buildings), instead of one facing the street. I thought that they might have done better there. Elevators were old, rather slow, and a bit scary. If I hadn't been on the 7th floor I might have taken the stairs, both to save time, and possibly my life. There is a fitness room on site, but I didn't get a chance to check it out, and believe that it is free for all guests. No executive level or lounge. The free breakfast was not buffet style, but very nice with coffee, large glass of juice, oatmeal w/rasins & brown sugar, fruit, croissant, muffin.

The room itself was good, fair size (B), nicely decorated (B+), very very small bathroom with standard appointments and supplies (C-), extraodinarily comfortable bed and pillows (A++). I thought that I had read somewhere that the guest rooms featured CD players, but they did not. Perhaps they went away when the property was recently converted to a Hilton property, replaced with the standard Hilton preset clock-radio.

All in all nice stay, and a good value for that area.

PB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.