Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2018, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by Carl Christensen

always have first night under highest status individual
Yep, great point.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by amesze
Diamond member here, traveling with a gold member (DH). Used DH's Citi certs for the first 2 nights, then my own points for the next 2 nights (standard reward nights). Prior to arrival, I checked the app to see that DH was upgraded to a King Horizon and I was upgraded to a King Overwater.

Or so I thought. Upon check in they combined our reservations for 4 nights in the King Horizon. I showed them the screencap of the app that had my room listed as a King Overwater but they denied that it was ever in the system. They said the King Horizon is already 3 levels upgraded and I would have to pay 35000 francs (approx 350 USD) for an overwater. Customer service claimed the pre-upgrade could change based on inventory when I called to ask about the discrepancy, but that's BS because the inventory is available from what the manager at the hotel said. Also pissed because the quote I received seems too high for the off-season.

TL;DR - don't trust the app's pre-upgrades or you'll run the risk of being SEVERELY disappointed.
​​
In the future for something like this I recommend calling in and making on reservation on your account using the certificates from each account. I previously did this for my stay at Hilton Moorea to ensure no hiccups and all one reservation even though using a combination of certs/points from the two accounts to pay.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by poisonsag
Yep i have noticing this as well since a few weeks now...almost no avail..
Before logging in, the availability is there. But after logged in and about to book with points, all of the availability disappeared. Does anybody know why? Are they showing phantom reward space? or am I doing something wrong?
Old Mar 17, 2018, 6:42 pm

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Before logging in, the availability is there. But after logged in and about to book with points, all of the availability disappeared. Does anybody know why? Are they showing phantom reward space? or am I doing something wrong?
Personal Experience ....... I was looking for one further night after already securing 25/9 and 26/9 at the 12 month release . I didnt have enough points for the 27/9 at the time . After earning the points I was searching almost daily for 80K points availability when out of the blue totally unexpected 27/9 showed up around 11/3 . Very happy I sorted the 3 nights at base point value .
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by crombiestone
Personal Experience ....... I was looking for one further night after already securing 25/9 and 26/9 at the 12 month release . I didnt have enough points for the 27/9 at the time . After earning the points I was searching almost daily for 80K points availability when out of the blue totally unexpected 27/9 showed up around 11/3 . Very happy I sorted the 3 nights at base point value .
When did you book 27/9? if you booked it recently, I must be doing something wrong. I'm not sure what it is though.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Do you have enough points to make the desired booking? The system will hide the redemption rates if you don't have enough points.

Originally Posted by lincoln boy
Old Mar 18, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Lctkw
Do you have enough points to make the desired booking? The system will hide the redemption rates if you don't have enough points.
Oh that was it! I was using my wife's account which has only 10,000 points. stupid mistake...
Old Mar 23, 2018, 2:24 am

About the peak season

I plan to visit Conrad Bora Bora on Oct 9- Oct 12 for part of my honeymoon trip. I have reviewed most of the replies here about upgrades as a Diamond member and thank you for all the info provided. It seems that the chance to get an upgrade from King Lagoon View Suite to OWB or even higher level is much greater in non-peak season. So anyone has ideas about when the peak seasons for Tahiti trips or Conrad Bora Bora trips normally are. Appreciate the responses.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by madaadam
I plan to visit Conrad Bora Bora on Oct 9- Oct 12 for part of my honeymoon trip. I have reviewed most of the replies here about upgrades as a Diamond member and thank you for all the info provided. It seems that the chance to get an upgrade from King Lagoon View Suite to OWB or even higher level is much greater in non-peak season. So anyone has ideas about when the peak seasons for Tahiti trips or Conrad Bora Bora trips normally are. Appreciate the responses.
Peak season is in the summer.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:49 am

Best times to visit Bora Bora:
https://travel.usnews.com/Bora_Bora/When_To_Visit/
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:13 pm

Whats the cost and way of getting from IHG Thalasso to Conrad? Trying to add on 2 nights here after Thalasso.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 12:40 pm

Also - I'm HH gold, and have rooms on the standard 80k rates. With the HHonors pooling option - is it feasible to transfer my points to a friend with Diamond and have them book for me and add me as a guest to reservation? Or would that not work - to better my upgrade chances.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Whats the cost and way of getting from IHG Thalasso to Conrad? Trying to add on 2 nights here after Thalasso.
Well, I'm guessing you would take whatever boat shuttle the Thalasso offers from the IC to Vaitape, and then catch the Conrad boat shuttle from Vaitape to the Conrad. Cost will be a few thousand XPF combined, but largely negligible in the grand scheme of a vacation in Bora Bora.

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
Also - I'm HH gold, and have rooms on the standard 80k rates. With the HHonors pooling option - is it feasible to transfer my points to a friend with Diamond and have them book for me and add me as a guest to reservation? Or would that not work - to better my upgrade chances.
Is your friend actually traveling with you?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:16 pm

Curious to know too - if you have enough points to book 2 villas, and you have a higher status than the occupant in second villa (me diamond vs him gold, and keeping in mind both myself and the second occupants families are traveling together and thus I will be present at check in), then should I be the person booking 2 villas to secure better chance of upgrade for all of us? Or do they determine upgrade likelihood or quality based on the status of the occupant in each villa?
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Well, I'm guessing you would take whatever boat shuttle the Thalasso offers from the IC to Vaitape, and then catch the Conrad boat shuttle from Vaitape to the Conrad. Cost will be a few thousand XPF combined, but largely negligible in the grand scheme of a vacation in Bora Bora.

Is your friend actually traveling with you?
Friend not traveling..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.