Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by jozdemir
Sorry I should have clarified, my mistake!

I have 6 nights booked in a lagoon view suite on points, but I was enquiring about upgrade rates and asked for some photos of the KBV.

Depends when you will stay, peak or off-peak season. Did they give you out any rates for upgrade options? Did you check your booking to see if room type already got upgraded?
Old Sep 14, 2017, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Originally Posted by trust0me
Depends when you will stay, peak or off-peak season. Did they give you out any rates for upgrade options? Did you check your booking to see if room type already got upgraded?
I'm there in 4 days time!

I've been checking my booking, no upgrade yet. I just wanted to know whether most people were upgraded in advance or negotiated it at the resort.

They've given me upgrade rates for cash, but from reading multiple posts here it seems like the property seems to be overly generous, I'm just curious about how everyone's upgrades ended up coming through.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by MNHunter
I truly believe this resort, like the GW is playing games with award inventory to prevent people from using points. BS
I absolutely agree. I've been watching award inventory for both Bora Bora and Moorea for August 2018. Bora Bora was more limited, but when I checked on Tuesday, Moorea had availability from August 3rd onward. Now they are showing zero award availability for the month of August.

I should have grabbed the rooms when I saw them, but was waiting on airline schedules.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Looking for some more detail from those who have been to the new property. Just managed to snag 2 consecutive days on an award redemption for next September.

Trying to decide between this place and the Conrad Maldives for a honeymoon - I think Maldives is easier to get done but even though she won't say it, I think Bora Bora is where she really wants to go so I'm going to try and pull it together.

How is the new place for Gold/Diamond benefits (Diamond now but likely will be only Gold next year)? I see mentions of breakfast and upgrades, anything further (happy hour, drink discounts, food discounts, etc.)? Free mini bar (with Diet Coke ideally) or nespresso machines in the room?

I assume one benefit here is that you can bring duty free liquor/beer/wine to reduce costs on that front (unlike Maldives where that's a big no-no)?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:14 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Duke787
Looking for some more detail from those who have been to the new property. Just managed to snag 2 consecutive days on an award redemption for next September.

Trying to decide between this place and the Conrad Maldives for a honeymoon - I think Maldives is easier to get done but even though she won't say it, I think Bora Bora is where she really wants to go so I'm going to try and pull it together.

How is the new place for Gold/Diamond benefits (Diamond now but likely will be only Gold next year)? I see mentions of breakfast and upgrades, anything further (happy hour, drink discounts, food discounts, etc.)? Free mini bar (with Diet Coke ideally) or nespresso machines in the room?

I assume one benefit here is that you can bring duty free liquor/beer/wine to reduce costs on that front (unlike Maldives where that's a big no-no)?
Was there in July, Diamond got me an upgrade from a Deluxe OWB to a Pool OWB. Free breakfast was included (as it would be for Golds as well). No other extra benefits for Diamonds. The mini fridge rule is that it may be cleared out once, but each time after that, they'll bill you. We brought our own alcohol in, no problems at all. We made a few visits to Chin Lee in Vaitape and brought back many bottles of wine each time. No happy hours or other food discounts.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Was there in July, Diamond got me an upgrade from a Deluxe OWB to a Pool OWB. Free breakfast was included (as it would be for Golds as well). No other extra benefits for Diamonds. The mini fridge rule is that it may be cleared out once, but each time after that, they'll bill you. We brought our own alcohol in, no problems at all. We made a few visits to Chin Lee in Vaitape and brought back many bottles of wine each time. No happy hours or other food discounts.
Cool thank you!

Would you go back? Did you like it overall?
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:12 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Definitely, we brought in six bottles of champagne so this has to be one of the biggest benefit over the Maldives. Our luggage was quite light when we left
Old Sep 19, 2017, 8:28 am

Cool thank you!

Loved it! I would have nothing against going back, but I'm working on doing the Conrad Maldives next, so I'm not focusing on going back at the moment. It definitely seemed like one of the more private resorts in Bora Bora in that it wasn't in the "strip" of all the other resorts that every single boat and tour goes by. It has hillly terrain as opposed to just being flat which gives it a secluded look and feel as well. Loved using the bikes to get all around the resort. The hike up to the spa for sunrises was great. Breakfast became a 2-3 hour experience each morning because it was so amazing to sit in the dining room with the huge open air windows.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:16 am

Loved it! I would have nothing against going back, but I'm working on doing the Conrad Maldives next, so I'm not focusing on going back at the moment. It definitely seemed like one of the more private resorts in Bora Bora in that it wasn't in the "strip" of all the other resorts that every single boat and tour goes by. It has hillly terrain as opposed to just being flat which gives it a secluded look and feel as well. Loved using the bikes to get all around the resort. The hike up to the spa for sunrises was great. Breakfast became a 2-3 hour experience each morning because it was so amazing to sit in the dining room with the huge open air windows.
How were the flies in the restaurant? This was my only concern when I stayed in May, so much so that we only used the restaurant three times in 5 days.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by brodielayne
How were the flies in the restaurant? This was my only concern when I stayed in May, so much so that we only used the restaurant three times in 5 days.
There were definitely a few flies here and there, since it is an open air restaurant afterall, but it wasn't too bad and the metal mesh "baskets" they put over the foods did a decent job of keeping them off the food. We didn't experience any swarms or anything.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Is the one free empty of the mini bar mentioned anywhere when you arrive? First Ive heard of it! Is that including alcohol?

On a side note were arriving at the resort today and theyve upgraded us to a deluxe overwater villa, pretty happy with that!
Old Sep 19, 2017, 1:38 pm

Cool thank you!

It'll be a few years but I'd go back, and this time shop extensively at Chin Lee.

As for the minibar, we were told about the free "clean out" when we were showed our unit after we arrived.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Rifleman69
It'll be a few years but I'd go back, and this time shop extensively at Chin Lee.

As for the minibar, we were told about the free "clean out" when we were showed our unit after we arrived.

Was it worth to pay the round trip shuttle boat to shop at Chin Lee?

What room# did you stay and how was the privacy? On the pictures OWVs are too close each others and decks are very exposed to next ones.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by trust0me
Was it worth to pay the round trip shuttle boat to shop at Chin Lee?

What room# did you stay and how was the privacy? On the pictures OWVs are too close each others and decks are very exposed to next ones.
Considering at the resort a single bottle of wine was about $45 and cocktails were $20, yes, it was worth it to pay the $28 round trip (for two people) and get 6+ bottles of wine at a time plus other snacks. Even a better deal if you can combine the market run with a dinner on the mainland, like Bora Bora Yacht Club or Bloody Mary's.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: HH Diamond
How does this property compare to the Conrad Maldives? Went there earlier this year and absolutely loved it...we are thinking about Bora Bora next, but certainly wouldn't be against going back to the Maldives!

Which is better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.