Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by MNHunter
What you are seeing are premium redemption rates meaning the standard room award of 80K are unavailable. Rumor has it you need to book a year out and likely 1 day at a time. If/when you see an 80K room you better book it or it will be gone.
Thanks - is that a normal premium redemption rate? (324k?) i may switch my plan to a different property then....
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Wolfgang5150
Thanks - is that a normal premium redemption rate? (324k?) i may switch my plan to a different property then....
I think the premium rates vary greatly and I've rarely redeemed for them at any property. I think you have to really watch for 80K nights. It will be a hot property for the near future. I stayed in 2014 and it was quite easy to book rooms on points back then.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by shlevitin
Has anyone hired a photographer recently? Any suggestions as Stephan and Damiem are booked my dates
Are these two guys regarded as the best photographers on the island? Have you looked for Vincent, at Bora Dream Tours?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:22 am

if somebody currently is at CBB, could you please tell me the pool water temperature and the sea water temperature around the over water villas? Thanks very much
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by llfoster
if somebody currently is at CBB, could you please tell me the pool water temperature and the sea water temperature around the over water villas? Thanks very much

Seawater was just fine to jump in, never got in the pool because....the ocean is there!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:20 am

Pool is colder than the ocean at 11am
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:12 am

Thank you for water temp info! Any idea as to C* temp? We are spoiled by the sea water temp at Conrad Rangali... Haven't been to Bora Bora in 20 years ...went in November/December then and water temp warmer than August.

Thanks again
Old Aug 11, 2017, 6:37 pm

Both felt warm to me, that is the ocean and the pool at my villa. I'm guessing around 80F, 26-27C.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 8:10 pm

Thanks very much for the specifics !
Old Aug 12, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by MNHunter
I think the premium rates vary greatly and I've rarely redeemed for them at any property. I think you have to really watch for 80K nights. It will be a hot property for the near future. I stayed in 2014 and it was quite easy to book rooms on points back then.
Today's 80K must have already been gone as the August 11, 2018 night is quoted as 398,000 Hilton Honors Points.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 3:45 pm

only 1 room of 80k appears every day?
Old Aug 15, 2017, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by daruda
only 1 room of 80k appears every day?
I've heard there's 2 room that are of the 80K category but if 1 or both is booked for cash there won't be any avail with points. However, I truly believe this resort, like the GW is playing games with award inventory to prevent people from using points. I chatted with a rep and they said the Aug 2018 award inventory hasn't been loaded yet. BS

Last edited by MNHunter; Aug 15, 2017 at 1:28 pm
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
If anyone is interested, I asked the hotel to send me some photos of the King Beach Villa as there are none on their website:

I'm a bit unsure what to anticipate for upgrades, I'm reading a lot of posts here that seem overly generous, but when I talk to the concierge at the hotel they don't seem very forthcoming, I'm just getting the standard 'next available category' line. Did anyone else have the same experience? Did most upgrades seem to come through in advance or at the resort at check in?
Attached Images     
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by jozdemir
If anyone is interested, I asked the hotel to send me some photos of the King Beach Villa as there are none on their website:

I'm a bit unsure what to anticipate for upgrades, I'm reading a lot of posts here that seem overly generous, but when I talk to the concierge at the hotel they don't seem very forthcoming, I'm just getting the standard 'next available category' line. Did anyone else have the same experience? Did most upgrades seem to come through in advance or at the resort at check in?

Did you book on KBV then ask an upgrade or did you book on Garden then already got upgraded to KBV?

It seems KBV is higher room type than OWV according to its price. It's Garden View < Horizon View < OWV < Deluxe OWV < Beach Villa < Royal OWV < Presidential

Last edited by trust0me; Sep 13, 2017 at 9:28 am
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Originally Posted by trust0me
Did you book on KBV then ask an upgrade or did you book on Garden then already got upgraded to KBV?

It seems KBV is higher room type than OWV according to its price. It's Garden View < Horizon View < OWV < Deluxe OWV < Beach Villa < Royal OWV < Presidential
Sorry I should have clarified, my mistake!

I have 6 nights booked in a lagoon view suite on points, but I was enquiring about upgrade rates and asked for some photos of the KBV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.