Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Conrad Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa {PYF}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Definitely, we brought in six bottles of champagne so this has to be one of the biggest benefit over the Maldives. Our luggage was quite light when we left
Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Loved it! I would have nothing against going back, but I'm working on doing the Conrad Maldives next, so I'm not focusing on going back at the moment. It definitely seemed like one of the more private resorts in Bora Bora in that it wasn't in the "strip" of all the other resorts that every single boat and tour goes by. It has hillly terrain as opposed to just being flat which gives it a secluded look and feel as well. Loved using the bikes to get all around the resort. The hike up to the spa for sunrises was great. Breakfast became a 2-3 hour experience each morning because it was so amazing to sit in the dining room with the huge open air windows.
Originally Posted by Rifleman69
It'll be a few years but I'd go back, and this time shop extensively at Chin Lee.

As for the minibar, we were told about the free "clean out" when we were showed our unit after we arrived.
Awesome thanks for the feedback! We have been going back and forth on Maldives vs. Bora Bora for the honeymoon and I think Bora Bora is going to win despite a strong Maldives push on my front so now I've just got to fully figure out how to make it happen on all fronts.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: AC*SE & 2MM/Bonvoy Gold/HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Duke787
Awesome thanks for the feedback! We have been going back and forth on Maldives vs. Bora Bora for the honeymoon and I think Bora Bora is going to win despite a strong Maldives push on my front so now I've just got to fully figure out how to make it happen on all fronts.
Keep in mind.. Tahiti is MUCH, MUCH more than Bora Bora

My wife and I did our ten year anniversary trip there. Out of the three places we visited (Moorea, Rangiroa and Bora) we enjoyed Bora the least.

That isn't to say we did not enjoy it but compared to Moorea and Rangiroa, Bora felt like the 'tourist' island.

Nothing will ever be quite like the drift snorkelling we did in Rangiroa.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lcohen999
Keep in mind.. Tahiti is MUCH, MUCH more than Bora Bora

My wife and I did our ten year anniversary trip there. Out of the three places we visited (Moorea, Rangiroa and Bora) we enjoyed Bora the least.

That isn't to say we did not enjoy it but compared to Moorea and Rangiroa, Bora felt like the 'tourist' island.

Nothing will ever be quite like the drift snorkelling we did in Rangiroa.
Yeah I need to explore the other islands more. I know there are many on this forum who say Moorea is much better - just need to do some more research of the option on both islands.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 6:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE & 2MM/Bonvoy Gold/HHonors Diamond
If I had to choose again

Moorea for sure but like I said.

It has your standard level of Touristy with some great restaurants (Rudy's!!) and you won't leave your comfort zone if that is your thing.

Look at Rangiroa. It is very different than Moorea and Bora.

I mean, look at this

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/15%...'58.9%22W/

I sat there, in the shallow water while sharks (black tipped) just circled me while they cooked freshly caught fish for lunch.

It was like no other experience I had in Tahiti
Old Sep 28, 2017, 12:25 pm

Everyone will have a different feel when it comes to what islands to visit on a return trip. Last time we did Moorea and Bora Bora and I can say if/when we go back Id completely skip Moorea and either spend the entire time on BB or hit up another island. To each their own.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by mpeterson78
Considering at the resort a single bottle of wine was about $45 and cocktails were $20, yes, it was worth it to pay the $28 round trip (for two people) and get 6+ bottles of wine at a time plus other snacks. Even a better deal if you can combine the market run with a dinner on the mainland, like Bora Bora Yacht Club or Bloody Mary's.

Yep, you easily save the money from the boat ride. Plus you can coincide the boat ride with a lunch or tour or something on the "mainland" so it doesn't just feel like a shopping trip.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 2:56 pm

Has anyone received a response via email lately? I have emailed a few times over the last month with no response. Earlier in the year, they would respond with in a few days.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Corridor!
Has anyone received a response via email lately? I have emailed a few times over the last month with no response. Earlier in the year, they would respond with in a few days.
sent them 3 emails - no reply
canceled the reservation
Old Nov 8, 2017, 6:47 pm

I hadn't heard back after emailing three times in the past couple of weeks. Finally got a reply about an hour ago.

I was offered 30,000Fr to upgrade my points reservation to an overwater villa as a Hhonors Diamond
Old Nov 10, 2017, 12:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
It looks as though this property has released some extra award availability as there are rooms available on many dates over the next month which weren't there before.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:02 pm

Getting ready for our upcoming stay in one of the 16 Pool Overwater Villas at this property. Based on the map it looks like there are 3 groups of these rooms... #108 - #113 look to be on the far east side. #124 and #125 are almost in the middle and then #329 - #336 are on the far west side. I was offered the ability for them to pre-assign our villa in advance and sent the map that has been posted to this forum before. Can any one that is familiar with this property recommend where we should stay? I was kind of leaning towards the far west cluster because it appears they may offer the most privacy (not facing other villas) but if anyone has any first hand experience please let me know. Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 18, 2017, 3:17 pm

If it were me Id request 108-113. We stayed in 109 a few years ago and thought it was a great location. Enough privacy but deep water for good snorkeling. The 300s were under renovation but we walked the area. The water isnt deep around them that I recall and personally thought it was a bit too far. Again, personal preference but next time we go Ill request the 108-113 section.
Old Nov 18, 2017, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
Getting ready for our upcoming stay in one of the 16 Pool Overwater Villas at this property. Based on the map it looks like there are 3 groups of these rooms... #108 - #113 look to be on the far east side. #124 and #125 are almost in the middle and then #329 - #336 are on the far west side. I was offered the ability for them to pre-assign our villa in advance and sent the map that has been posted to this forum before. Can any one that is familiar with this property recommend where we should stay? I was kind of leaning towards the far west cluster because it appears they may offer the most privacy (not facing other villas) but if anyone has any first hand experience please let me know. Thanks in advance!
I would go with the 300's for more privacy. The resort has bikes everywhere and you can get to the restaurant, etc in just a couple of minutes. The water in this area isn't too deep, if that is a concern. You will also have an unimpeded sunset view.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 3:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by brodielayne
I would go with the 300's for more privacy. The resort has bikes everywhere and you can get to the restaurant, etc in just a couple of minutes. The water in this area isn't too deep, if that is a concern. You will also have an unimpeded sunset view.
+1. More private, better view of the sunset, but a longer walk to restaurant and pool. The other thing we liked, less wind, more calm on the water with the floats we brought, any where else you just got pushed around on the floats by the wind and currents.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by keggers1
I hadn't heard back after emailing three times in the past couple of weeks. Finally got a reply about an hour ago.

I was offered 30,000Fr to upgrade my points reservation to an overwater villa as a Hhonors Diamond
Interesting - I waited a few days and got a reply that first said "we will be happy to provide an as-available upgrade at check-in as a Hilton Diamond." I emailed back and said well this is our honeymoon so I want to confirm at least 2 of the days in the overwater bungalow.

They just emailed back with an offer of 35000 XPF/night. Going to take it though wish it had been 30000 XPF like yours. This is for October 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.