Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2014 to 2017] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by saaveraward
read the wiki at the top for all your answers
Don't see anything about time frame from time of purchase for requesting upgrade.
Old May 6, 2017, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Have you had a better offer?
Yes. For my stay in March when BV was $900 BAR. So not low season by any means.
Old May 6, 2017, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by FlyingP3nguin
Don't see anything about time frame from time of purchase for requesting upgrade.
Contact the property direct.
Old May 6, 2017, 7:57 pm

At the Park Hyatt in Sydney right now. Got upgraded from a Park King to a Park View room with a pretty decent view of the Opera House from the balcony. I somehow mistook the number of our room and buzzed the pad on a different room and walked into an empty Suite. Not sure how my key worked but glad I didn't walk into something compromising. I'm assuming any unassigned room can be opened by a valid key.

Anyhow, just a few more days before we fly Etihad apartments to Abu Dhabi for a couple days and then finally Rangali. I can't wait.
Old May 7, 2017, 7:39 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
$315++ for Deluxe Water Villa is about $100 lower than the lowest so far. I'll add that to the wiki. Just make sure with you first that it's not a typo (as D is next to R on the keyboard and August is shoulder season with slightly higher rates which makes for an even better deal).

Cheers.
No typo on my end $315++ is definitely for the Deluxe Water Villa.
Old May 7, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I wonder if Stefano has implemented a different upgrade pricing strategy than was in place under Lyle?
Old May 7, 2017, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by saaveraward
Yes. For my stay in March when BV was $900 BAR. So not low season by any means.
I think I remember there was someone who said they didn't want to post their rates a little while back in the thread. Was that you?

Originally Posted by alanslegal
No typo on my end $315++ is definitely for the Deluxe Water Villa.
Right you are, guv! Adding to the wiki.....

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; May 7, 2017 at 1:22 pm
Old May 7, 2017, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
I wonder if Stefano has implemented a different upgrade pricing strategy than was in place under Lyle?
The rates and promotions are set by the revenue manager (Alexios). He didn't mention anything about the GM having the final say in the matter, though. My understanding was that he, and he alone, sets the prices, discounts and therefore the upgrade rates but I could be wrong. Does anyone know how the chain of command usually operates in this case?
Old May 7, 2017, 3:40 pm

I think I remember there was someone who said they didn't want to post their rates a little while back in the thread. Was that you?

Right you are, guv! Adding to the wiki.....
Possibly. I said I did not want to publicly discuss my upgrade strategy, but paid far less than the lowest wiki rate. There wasn't a negotiation involved. I offered X based on perceived available inventory and it was accepted.

BAR on BV was 900++ and DWV was 1600++. This was my first stay on property and I am a diamond.

They also thought I was a party of two and I traveled solo, so the theory they allowed a cheaper upgrade for one guest because they would not have to shell out for a 2nd breakfast, etc would not be applicable here.
Old May 10, 2017, 5:29 pm

Found a Seaplane transfer PDF dated 2015. Most of the info are in the wiki already.

http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/reso...s_Mar_2015.pdf
Old May 11, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by istroke
Most of the info are in the wiki already.
Which part of the info isn't?
Old May 12, 2017, 1:38 am

Arrived an hour ago after a very quick turnaround from our flight into MLE (we were only in the lounge for fifteen minutes). First impressions, this place is outstanding. Waiting for our room to be ready, managed to get 342. Had a burger and sangria at Rangali Bar and so far the food does not disappoint. I stayed at the CKS last year and was not impressed by their F&B, so this is a relief.
Old May 12, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Well done, and have a great time!
Old May 12, 2017, 8:14 am

I'm sure your impression of the F&B will get better and better, hyperzulu. Enjoy!
Old May 12, 2017, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by goliath
Which part of the info isn't?
Code:
A luxury cruise transfer can be arranged for up to 15 guests
on one of our yachts. The transfer takes approximately three
hours and cruises from Malé through the atolls directly to
Rangali Island.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.