Search

Hilton Bali Resort {IDN}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:50 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Don’t forget the HGI!

***I'm actually considering spending five nights there at the HGI what-all with the Hilton noise and Conrad potential issues.

I figure I'm going to have a driver taking me around most days to Ubud or Nusa Penida, etc., so what does it matter if I'm on the beach to sleep? I'd just be gone during lounge tea times and possibly breakfast, so...

Arg. I still want to get in a night at each, just to get the experience / make the call on which Conrad vs. Hilton is the better. I'll just have to extend my stay and try all three!

TDM
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
***I'm actually considering spending five nights there at the HGI what-all with the Hilton noise and Conrad potential issues.

I figure I'm going to have a driver taking me around most days to Ubud or Nusa Penida, etc., so what does it matter if I'm on the beach to sleep? I'd just be gone during lounge tea times and possibly breakfast, so...

Arg. I still want to get in a night at each, just to get the experience / make the call on which Conrad vs. Hilton is the better. I'll just have to extend my stay and try all three!

TDM
With 5 award nights only costing 20k points, that’s really not a bad option. The breakfast is decent, beds are good, so it’s certainly a value proposition. Since they fixed the toilet ventilation problems in the Presidential Suite, I can even recommend that room!
Old Jun 7, 2018, 2:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant

TDM
Hilton is good if you stay in a villa. Otherwise it’s kind of a mess. Conrad has done a great job of not letting the renovations affect any guests and in my opinion is a good resort even with half of it closed. It seems you are not looking for a “beach” vacation so you won’t be disappointed since the beaches are pretty poor at both resorts.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 2:50 am

I am thinking about a four night stay as HHonors Diamond in a One-Bedroom Villa. Is it a good idea?

Whats the difference between Villa Lounge and Executive Lounge?
Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: United Premier 1k, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond
When did the reward prices jump on this property? I could swear it was half the points earlier this year!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by MrSnoot78
I am thinking about a four night stay as HHonors Diamond in a One-Bedroom Villa. Is it a good idea?

Whats the difference between Villa Lounge and Executive Lounge?
The Villa Lounge is MUCH nicer. Breakfast is delivered to the villa. Guests determine delivery time and the items. Evening cocktails and snacks are also much nicer. We have only stayed at the villa and checked out the regular Exec Lounge one evening. Never went back to the regular Lounge again. Both villa guests and regular guests can have breakfast in the restaurant. However, I personally preferred the delivered in-villa breakfast.

Villas do not have ocean views. We are going back soon and picked a non-villa ocean view room this time. Will definitely miss the Villa Lounge.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike2003242
When did the reward prices jump on this property? I could swear it was half the points earlier this year!
I think many Hiltons have gone to variable pricing. So if the cash price is lower, so are the points.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: United Premier 1k, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hilton Diamond

I think many Hiltons have gone to variable pricing. So if the cash price is lower, so are the points.
it's only 2,000,000 IDR or 130 USD and they want 60K points a night. That's crazy!
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike2003242
it's only 2,000,000 IDR or 130 USD and they want 60K points a night. That's crazy!
Just remember to add 21% in tax/service charges to the rate. I’d only redeem at .4 cpp or better. In fact, I’d stay at the airport HGI for 4-5k per night in points before spending 60k a night at this beachfront Hilton.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Trying to decide whether or not to stay at this hotel and looking for feedback. This property is pricing out much much better than the conrad for me for april. I have diamond status as well.I'm looking at mid april so that is near the end of the phase of their renovations. The phase ends 4/30, so I am thinking they probably will be doing mostly final touches, cleanup and walkthroughs. Should I avoid it? Is there any nightlife nearby or is the hotel isolated? Does diamond get much in the way of benefits here? I'll pay more for the conrad if I need to but its costing me about $60 more a night to stay there.

Last edited by Red259; Jan 7, 2019 at 6:19 pm
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:31 am

Trip to Bali is coming next summer and I have hard time choosing between these two:
-Hilton Pool Villa
-Conrad Suite king

They are pretty much the same price but in the pics Hilton`s Pool Villa looks so much better. We love to hang out in the sunbeds so is Hilton`s Villa pool and backyard open and sun is shining there all day?
I was in Conrad last year and absolutely loved it and the lounge in the villa area was amazing. How would you rate Conrad lounge to Hiltons Villa lounge?

Thank you!
Old Jan 16, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver

Just remember to add 21% in tax/service charges to the rate. I’d only redeem at .4 cpp or better. In fact, I’d stay at the airport HGI for 4-5k per night in points before spending 60k a night at this beachfront Hilton.
Thanks for the reminder. I need to go back and redo the math on the point values to see what make sense.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:46 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5 MM; AS MVP Gold 100K; HHonors Diamond; AMEX Platinum
Originally Posted by Leo123
Trip to Bali is coming next summer and I have hard time choosing between these two:
-Hilton Pool Villa
-Conrad Suite king

They are pretty much the same price but in the pics Hilton`s Pool Villa looks so much better. We love to hang out in the sunbeds so is Hilton`s Villa pool and backyard open and sun is shining there all day?
I was in Conrad last year and absolutely loved it and the lounge in the villa area was amazing. How would you rate Conrad lounge to Hiltons Villa lounge?

Thank you!
We’re here now and I have to say I really like the Villas. Nothing like having your own private pool. Service is wonderful and the Villa Lounge breakfast is top notch. It’s the rainy season now, and so far we’ve been lucky to have good weather.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Leo123
-Hilton Pool Villa
-Conrad Suite king

Thank you!
I think the Hilton Villa is quite good. Very spacious, and very large outdoor deck with large pool. The Hilton villa lounge is also amazing.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:52 am

I booked at a room at Hilton Bali at the Member Sale rate a week or two ago. Now I check and the rate is lower. I did a chat on their website and the person said they could cancel and book at the current rate but I would lose my money for the first booking. I was dumbfounded. What's the sense in saving $15 and losing $140!

Do you guys think I can somehow get this lower rate? It's no cancellation or changes, but I'm not really changing anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.