Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tru by Hilton

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2016, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by loomis
Hampton Inn rooms are about 350 square feet. Tru rooms are only supposed to be about 250 sq ft. The lower cost of development may be due to savings in construction costs, not due to cheap furnishings.

Here is what appears to be an official website for tru, by the way:

http://trubyhilton.com/
Yikes, the rooms and hotel are as ugly as the web site. Don't think I'll be frequenting this brand. The color scheme alone gave me a headache.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A very interesting website. The VR tour told me all that I need to know to confirm my initial impression that I am not the kind of guest that this product is suited for.

It notes that the intended average daily room rate is pegged to 80 to 85% of the Hampton price point in any given market. I will gladly pay the higher rate to stay at the Hampton.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This article http://skift.com/2015/12/31/hotels-t...ed-a-backlash/ told me that all major hotel brands are trying to get rid of desks in their "millennial" brands. I admit that I usually lay on the bed with my laptop or iPad when I am just reading e-mail, but the desk is still essential for when I need to do extensive keyboarding.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 1:55 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by amanuensis
This article http://skift.com/2015/12/31/hotels-t...ed-a-backlash/ told me that all major hotel brands are trying to get rid of desks in their "millennial" brands. I admit that I usually lay on the bed with my laptop or iPad when I am just reading e-mail, but the desk is still essential for when I need to do extensive keyboarding.
I felt young but now that I keep reading that I should be working on my laptop in bed it seems I must be older than I feel.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:07 am

I kept feeling like the rendering of the outside of the property was reminding me of something and now I know what it is...

Old Feb 1, 2016, 7:24 am

Programs: Pre✓, Delta DM, Hilton LT Diamond, Mariott Plat, PC Gold, National EE, Hertz PC
LOL

Oh, that's good Arlflyer.

Originally Posted by Live4Upgrade
They should just build more HGI's and knock-down/sell-off super old Hampton's and be done with it. HGI's work well, have a (usually) reasonable price point, have a good breakfast, and are consistent.
I couldn't agree more. I much prefer HGI to Hampton.

Originally Posted by serpens
HGI has breakfast? I was under the impression it didn't, unless one bought a package or had status.
Of course they do. If you don't want to buy the package including breakfast or you don't have status that includes breakfast you can always BUY your breakfast outright.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 3:50 pm

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; LGL31L/V100 Build/KOT49I.L31L10d) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Chrome/30.0.1599.103 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by arlflyer
I kept feeling like the rendering of the outside of the property was reminding me of something and now I know what it is...

Good one arlflyer. That's got to win post of the year.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All the new hotel is missing are the awnings from the trailer.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 10:04 pm

Programs: National Executive, HHonors Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Visitor
It is smart Hilton has small cheap letters under the Tru logo for its name. Unlike the Hampton by Hilton where they integrate the Hilton line into the main sign.

This will make it very easy for when Tru gets kicked out of Hilton. The Hilton letters can be easily removed from these cheap properties easily by new owners. Maybe they can even just get some strong tape and tape over the Hilton letters. Similar to how the new owner of Arco did with all of the "part of BP" stickers/signs back when Arco got sold.

Good exit strategy.

Now get back to a ramp up of development of HGIs and Hamptons.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 3:43 pm

arlflyer bahaha...nice find
Old Feb 5, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
True difference between cheap and frugal.

These places are truly cheap looking.

Puns fully intended.

$85k per key is low, very low. It doesn't matter 250 sq ft vs 350 sq ft.

Heck, that is damn low in, say, Buffalo, South Dakota.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
I'll run just like wall street did from the stock after this was announced....

Looks lame compared to an Aloft in my opinion, and Alofts are getting old and tired in my opinion now.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Any experience with the brand in general now that it exists? Holding a reservation at the one in Cheyenne, Wyoming because it is nearly $70 cheaper than the Hampton Inn and $50 from the Holiday Inn. I don't care about amenities other than a pillow as it's a place to drop my head on a road trip. I'm not a millennial, but nor am I anti all things millennial.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travellingcari
Any experience with the brand in general now that it exists? Holding a reservation at the one in Cheyenne, Wyoming because it is nearly $70 cheaper than the Hampton Inn and $50 from the Holiday Inn. I don't care about amenities other than a pillow as it's a place to drop my head on a road trip. I'm not a millennial, but nor am I anti all things millennial.
What? You don't want a trophy just for showing up at the hotel?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by Baze
What? You don't want a trophy just for showing up at the hotel?
Points are the hotel participation trophy, aren't they?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.