Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2000, 12:48 pm

I tried HHonors today - website worked fine!

Sometimes my browser or my IPO makes problems. And on some sites (like AVIS's) I have to disable my firewall; Norton Internet Security.
Old Aug 24, 2000, 9:38 pm
Original Member

I, too, had problems trying to make a reservation. Kept getting an error message, so I called the internet help desk. The agent said they had been having problems with reservations being rejected when a FF number was included. HUH?? After trying for 10 minutes, she couldn't help, so the agent ended up making my reservation by phone.
Old Sep 24, 2000, 6:44 am

HHonors website playing up?

Has anyone recently tried to alter their account info at the HHonors website? I ried to alter my e-mail address and company info as I know have a new employer and it wont let me! If I select the info I want to change and hit delete nothing happens and if i try and use backspace it flicks back a webpage!!!
Old Sep 24, 2000, 8:01 am

Originally posted by MarkB:
Has anyone recently tried to alter their account info at the HHonors website? I ried to alter my e-mail address and company info as I know have a new employer and it wont let me! If I select the info I want to change and hit delete nothing happens and if i try and use backspace it flicks back a webpage!!!
I updated mine successfuly with a very long wait. I think their website is very slow, and if you have a slow connection, good luck.

Old Sep 24, 2000, 8:27 am

Well, would you beleive it! I hit on the idea of selecting the info I wanted to change, right click then cut it, typing in my new info after. This worked like a charm until I clicked update and the page reloaded with all the old stuff back in place!!!! Unreal!

[This message has been edited by MarkB (edited 09-24-2000).]
Old Sep 24, 2000, 9:15 am
Original Member

Mark,

It's a confusing design. You have to press the "Update" button at the bottom of the page BEFORE it will let you update the info. That will take you to a new page where you can make changes, then press the button again to save them.

------------------
I hope you enjoy my Lion Tales. For photos, past travelogues, subscriptions, and more, see www.liontales.com
Old Sep 24, 2000, 9:33 am

Thanks QuietLion.

I have updated my account in the past but it's been like this for a few weeks. Tried your method and it's fine but what a screwed up way to do it!
Old Sep 24, 2000, 2:56 pm

Use this link to update and you receive 1,000 bonus points:
http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/profile/

Thank you for choosing to update your HHonors®
guest profile online to earn 1,000 bonus points.
Click the continue button to start updating your
profile.
Old Oct 9, 2000, 12:23 am

Hilton Reservation online access?

Is anyone else having trouble accessing the Hilton Reservations system online?

I am able to access the Hampton, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, etc. or Marriott, Starwood, Ritz Carleton and Hyatt reservation systems with no trouble at all.

When I sent a message to the Web support group explaining that I have not been able to get into the reservation system for 2 weeks, I receive the following:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

I apologize for the problems you have encountered. Unfortunately, I cannot
provide any technical information to help you with your problem. I apologize
for the difficulties you have had with our website. The drastic increase in the
number of members accessing the website is greater than anticipated. We are
working to resolve these issues and correct the errors as quickly as possible.

Any technical problems that you report are forwarded to the appropriate
department for review. Please be informed that we are unable to respond to
specific technical problems that you may have experienced. Thank you for your
patience and understand as we experience these growing pains.

Please try our website again at a later time. If you continue to experience
problems, you may forward any information that you need updated to our office
for manual processing.

Sincerely,
Crystal"

Did I just get told to buzz off?

When I called the telephone "web help" it was even worse.

There the attitude was more like:
"If you want to access the site, never use bookmarks, get Internet Explorer or at least upgrade your Netscape, get rid of the Macintosh for sure, but since you are so stupid you should just get a new P.C." [Going through the 3-4 links necessary to get to reservations from hilton.com and upgrading Netscape did not help, and I'm not about to follow the other advice.]

Does Hilton really not care about customers who do not have the latest computer or version of software? I find this hard to believe but seemingly the people who work in the web support functions are allowed to believe it.
Old Oct 19, 2000, 2:31 pm

I haven't been able to access http://www.hiltonhhonors.com/profile/ or any other HHonors site for more than a week. I continually get "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" and "Cannot find server or DNS Error."

Is it just me? Or are they getting their just vengence for the points I earned by updating my profile?

Old Oct 19, 2000, 5:07 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

I tried to update my account last night but the page wouldn't even finish loading and I uses high speed... but i was just able to get in with no problem.
Old Oct 19, 2000, 5:35 pm

Hilton needs to get some new equipment for their internet, their website is very slow,it even takes forever on my DSL connection.
Old Oct 19, 2000, 5:46 pm
Original Member

I just updated my account. It took a total of about 5 minutes. The 1000 point bonus has already been credited to my HHonons account.
Old Oct 20, 2000, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
It took me less than 5 minutes to update, but I'll agree the form is weird. But Quiet Lion is right, you have to click on update first, then put in the new info, rather than the other way around. It would be nice if they explained that.
Old Oct 22, 2000, 9:11 pm

Apparently you can update your profile up to twice per quarter for a 1K pop each (even back-to-back) for a quick 2K for 5 minutes. (www.hiltonhonors.com/profile)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.