Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2000, 8:22 am
Commander Catcop

Quirk on HHonors Web site

Lately when I try to access my HHonors Account information via the *MAIN PAGE* of www.hilton.com, I get either "page cannot be displayed" or "error, site not functioning."

So I go click on the site that says "register to be a HHonors member." Get the HHonors page and then can click on my account information.

Odd I can't access HHonors right on the main page of hilton.com.

Just so you know HIlton.
Old May 30, 2000, 9:08 am

Programs: AA EXP - Lifetime Plat
Catman,

You are not alone. I experience more problems trying to access the Hilton website than any other hotel or airline website.

I have no idea who is running the web show over there but I know it has caused me to skip booking Hilton rooms on numerous occasions.
Old May 30, 2000, 10:36 am
In Memoriam

Thank you, Catman. I have been trying also to access my account info and have been getting the same error message--very frustrating!!! I did think of trying a roundabout way in, but none were successful. I'll try the one you suggest. I'm headed there now.
Old May 30, 2000, 11:56 am
Commander Catcop

Good Luck travel Weary... and it's good to hear from you again.

I hpe to see you and your husband in Seattle soon.
Old May 30, 2000, 1:58 pm
Original Member

www.hhonors.com appears to work fine (if a little slow). The link on the www.hilton.com page points to the old link which nolonger functions.
Old May 30, 2000, 8:17 pm
Original Member

Guys,

I have tried for days to get into the website to update my profile. As of 5 days, I am still trying. They have always had problems. You would think they would update the servers or something.

Just my 2 cents,

crju
Old May 30, 2000, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
I've had trouble for the past few days too. Just get error and other messages when I click on the HHonors link on the main menu home page of the Hilton.com site. Will try Catman's suggestion.

Have tried your suggested approach and it works. Hope Hilton is fixing their problem.

[This message has been edited by Shareholder (edited 05-31-2000).]
Old May 31, 2000, 6:35 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Flying Colonel, Lifetime Silver Medallion, Million Miler
Hilton had one of the first and best sites. However, it seems it was never upgraded or something like that. Most frustrating waiting for 21 images to load on virtually every page when they are not needed. I e-mailed them but no response.
Old May 31, 2000, 8:18 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Another thing I don't like about checking my balance online is when I click to check my account, the next page that comes up asks me if I've taken the guided tour of the website. It offers the tour button to click or I have to AGAIN click on check my balance. It could be simpler than this, I'm sure.
Old May 31, 2000, 8:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Just bringing this forward because I keep forgetting which one works.
Old Jun 1, 2000, 6:06 am

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
And this morning it is:

HTTP/1.1 Server Too Busy

I wish they would get their act together.

TW

Old Jun 1, 2000, 3:48 pm
EPS

Programs: UA 1P; HHonors Silver
www.hiltonhhonors.com
has been "sick" for (at least) the past two days.

Netscape won't talk to it (I tried both UNIX and Windows versions):

A network error occurred while Netscape was receiving data.

Try connecting again.
MSIE will connect, but only with weak (56-bit) crypto.
Old Jun 2, 2000, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL-MM/FC/FO AA-EXP/MM Starwood-Platinum Marriott-Platinum Hilton-Gold Hyatt-Diamond
I cannot take it anymore.

Server too busy.............................................. .................................................. ........................

I really wonder how much business they turn away each day due to their technical problems.

TW
Old Jun 4, 2000, 11:54 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Could it be that the addition of Promus has added to the speed problems recently encountered? While the "new" site is spiffier, it is not as user-friendly as the old site was. But, I have to say that on a recent trip I was able to take care of everything and even spent my first three nights in Hampton. What a great bet, especially for one-night stays! The lodgings are very nice and the breakfasts are great! They even have the computer link to HHonors and were able to "find" my HP number since I did not have it in my pocket. I know I'll be spending more time with Hampton in some of the off-the-beaten path locations I seem to hit that don't have Hilton's, not to mention Myrtle Beach where they pulled out a couple years ago!
Old Jun 10, 2000, 3:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Forward again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.