Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2015] Problems and Issues with Hilton Family Internet Web Sites

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 1999, 4:02 pm
Original Member

Two different companies are responsible for the Hilton and HHonors sites, so don't be surprised if they look different.

[This message has been edited by kyklin (edited 08-17-1999).]
Old Apr 15, 1999, 4:41 pm

"Frame based" eh? Well, I just hope they don't decide to get "cute" and have such a busy screen that nothing works right. They need to keep in mind that the concept is information transfer, not bells and whistles.
Old Apr 15, 1999, 5:50 pm

Location: DEN, UA PE, Hilton Gold, ** Reactivate Delete Feature**
Frames! Frames!! Ack..ack..ack!!! Frames are the bane of web sites. I find that they make navigation more rather than less difficult. Also, they are much more problematic to use from behind a firewall.
--Sigh--

-Q-

[This message has been edited by QuantumLeap (edited 04-15-99).]
Old May 27, 1999, 7:45 pm
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
Do you suppose the Hilton website will ever work reliably again?

Or perhaps they've just given up on it?

Any thoughts?

Old May 27, 1999, 8:09 pm
pgupta011

Its working now. What is the problem?

Old May 27, 1999, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Re: pgupta011 comments on Hilton site "up again". At 1148 pm EDT, I tried to book 5 nights online. The hilton.com kept telling me "difficuly in processing....".

Guess what? I got through and booked with Marriott with no trouble. Once again, their cheapie-site software cost Hilton another $753.74 in business. I am very glad I am not a Hilton stockholder. As said in a previous comment by a member, "I guess they will never learn". They didn't!!!!!!
Old May 28, 1999, 12:53 am
pgupta011

I guess I have been blissfully ignorant about that section of the web site. I do not use an individual hotel web site for reservations, but prefer a travel agency where I can shop and compare among several hotels.

Old May 28, 1999, 6:16 am
Original Member

Location: In protest of Flyertalk's uncalledfor censoring of my point of view, I cancelled my InsideFlyer subscription. So long, and thanks for everything.
I used to have a "Hilton Personal Page" where I could make an on-line reservation that would automatically have my information (hhonors numner, credit card, address, etc). I could check my hhonors balance whithot re-entering my information, and all of my upcoming reservations would be displayed. A couple of months ago, they "upgraded" this page to "MY Hilton". It lived for about a week, about two hours of which you could accually access it without on-line errors. Then they removed it, saying it would be back on line soon. 2 months later, nothing. If I try to go to the individual pages on the site (sub-par anyway, as they are devoid of my history or personal info) I can only get to them half of the time, getting "empty page" and "resource unavailable" messages the rest of the times.

What a horrible way to present your company on line approaching the new milenium! Why ever did they even try to release a not-ready "upgrade" when the old system worked.

I hope Inside Flyer will follow-up on this as they hinted in the last issue.
Old May 28, 1999, 8:54 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
One word answer to the subject question: NO.

BTW, the subject question implies that the site ever worked reliably in the first place, which I would contest. I have an apology letter from Hilton to prove it (October 1998 Boston Backbay online reservation, with confirmation number, not in system at check-in to sold-out hotel, leading to walk across street to Inter-C)

[This message has been edited by Matt Wald (edited 05-28-99).]
Old May 28, 1999, 9:42 am
Original Member

Good Point Matt.

Maybe it's a new paradigm:

Q:How do you make an unreliable web site seem reliable?

A:Release an even less reliablie site on your customers and make them pine for the good old days.

Typical Hilton site results:

Error getting compiled page

Issued 4 system warnings:

*** Warning: "/usr/local/Dynamo4.1.0/lib/LicenseSpoof.jar" is either not a valid zip file or it contains
a zip file comment. If it contains a comment, rezip it without the comment...

*** Warning: "/usr/java/classes" is either not a valid zip file or it contains a zip
file comment. If it contains a comment, rezip it without the comment...

*** Warning: "/usr/java/lib/classes.jar" is either not a valid zip file or it contains a
zip file comment. If it contains a comment, rezip it without the comment...

*** Warning: "/usr/java/classes" is either not a valid zip file or it contains a zip
file comment. If it contains a comment, rezip it without the comment...

Found 2 semantic errors compiling "/export/local/Dynamo4.1.0/servers/dynamo1-lm/
pagebuild/_export_1/_export1/_hiltonsite/_suites/_index2_xhtml.java":

135. if( (selstate == "") && (selcountry != "") )
<-------->
*** Error: The name "selcountry" was not found

136. { selected = selcountry; searchType1 = "country"; }
<-------->
*** Error: The name "selcountry" was not found

<-------->
***Access to HHonors account information is currently not available.

[This message has been edited by NJDavid (edited 05-28-99).]
Old May 28, 1999, 11:37 am
Original Member

Tried to log on last night and look at upcoming point saver awards and locations for the summer and fall, to use some of my hard-earned HHonors points, but to no avail. The site used to have a monthly index where you could look for hotels with Point Savers for each month, but that seems to have disappeared. While the account summary appears correct, it would be nice if it let you look at all points recorded, past monthly summaries, etc.
Old May 28, 1999, 3:01 pm
Commander Catcop

I am not holding my breath waiting for HIlton to get it's act together.

Hilton lost at least three potential reservations from me for an inactive site.

And WHEN it works... it's SSSSOOO SSSSLLLOOOWWW!!! I drop off to dreamland while waiting for reservation confirmation!

------------------
MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!!!

Old May 29, 1999, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
I agree about the slowness and unreliability of this site. But when it's working and you have the time to wait for the pages to load, you can really get some good rates that you'd have to give an 800 Hilton Reservations Agent a good grilling before you'd get these rates.
At least for European reservations.
Old Jun 1, 1999, 12:01 am
Original Member

Programs: QF Platypus UA PE MM HH Diamond
For a week now every time I tried I have received the following message:"Access to HHonors account information is currently not available".
Is this everyone's experience?
Old Jun 1, 1999, 6:09 am
Original Member

That's what I receive. This site is falling apart bit-by bit......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.