Wiki Posts
Search

Best Conrad?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Best Conrad?

I'm staying at the Conrad Dubai next week for the first time.

I've stayed at the St James which I really like, the NY is one of my favourite hotels in the city, and I'm staying in the HK one in June.

What are people's thoughts on the best Conrad, whatever you're after?
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC; LH M&M; HH Diamond
I did a lot of business out of Singapore some ten years ago and I always used to stay at the Conrad there. I average about 180 hotel overnights per year and I would safely say the Conrad in Singapore is the finest hotel I have ever stayed in. Hope it hasn't changed in the last decade!
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
We were upgraded once to the Presidential Suite in the Conrad once in Singapore.

Very nice

Not bad considering a regular room was booked!!
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat, National Exec, GE/Nexus
I stayed in Conrad Centennial Singapore last month. It was ok. I wasn't blown away by any means - though I guess maybe because I didn't get to stay in the Presidential suite...

I stayed at Dubai Doubletree across from the Mall of the Emirates (the one with Ski Dubai). Again no Presidential suite but I felt I got a lot better service here than at Conrad Singapore.

But I'm a low-maintenance person ... your mileage may vary depending on your expectations.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 10:56 am
soy

Programs: various
Maldives is best, but that is a different type of hotel; for the city ones, I like Tokyo
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:52 am

Programs: AA Plat, CX Silver
I've only stayed at the Conrads in HK and Seoul. The Conrad Seoul isn't in a very exciting location but the exec lounge is spectacular. ^
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Conrad Algarve is my favorite.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 3:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Plat | UA 1K | HA Plat| Hertz President's circle
Originally Posted by MS02113
Conrad Algarve is my favorite.
Agree! 100% the Conrad Algarve, the staff is the real reason.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:42 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by little_dc
Agree! 100% the Conrad Algarve, the staff is the real reason.
Agreed it is a lovely hotel, but lacking an Executive Lounge must lose it a few points. My personal best Conrads are Conrad Singapore and Conrad Dubai, but still have quite a few to stay in yet.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:46 pm

Best Conrad?

Algarve every time....great staff !!!
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
HK, but I still have a few to visit.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
The Conrad in NY is a hotspot for celebrity sightings (a number of sports teams stay there when they are playing in the NYC area). It has a beautiful spacious lobby for it's size and location.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
I've only stayed at the Conrad Tokyo, Bangkok, and Hong Kong.

My God, do I have to choose?

I can't wait 'til I get into the Conrad Macau and check that out.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by AlienInTheFatherland
I did a lot of business out of Singapore some ten years ago and I always used to stay at the Conrad there. I average about 180 hotel overnights per year and I would safely say the Conrad in Singapore is the finest hotel I have ever stayed in. Hope it hasn't changed in the last decade!
You should try other Conrads.

The only thing I like about Conrad Singapore is the exec. lounge, other than that, it is quite poor about their classic rooms, business rooms, exec. rooms are all the same, same size, same amenities ! Even Conrad Chicago has bigger rooms than that ! They only differentiate between those 3 types of rooms by exec. rooms got lounge access, business rooms get breakfast by the pool, classic room no breakfast.

Their bathrooms are not like other Conrads with toilet separated by a another door inside the bathroom, rooms are severely lack of outlets unlike other hotels.

Originally Posted by miasmal
I stayed in Conrad Centennial Singapore last month. It was ok. I wasn't blown away by any means - though I guess maybe because I didn't get to stay in the Presidential suite...
+1

I am quite disappointed at Conrad Singapore's non-suite rooms.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
Interesting thoughts everyone, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.