Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Conrad?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by cjd
Anyone stayed in all 27 Conrads? If you have, then congratulations, you really are a world traveller!
I'll consider it. ^
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:47 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I've only stayed at one, but I know I'm going to find it hard to find a hotel that tops the Conrad Hong Kong ^
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:17 pm

My vote is for the Conrad Maldives, but Have always found Hong Kong to be excellent as well.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
I like the Conrad HK as well. Always been treated well with rooms and serVice. Just stayed at the Conrad Bangkok. Rooms are nice, bu the whole hotel is dark, and I really missed a location and view of the river. Same for Singapore. Missed being closer to orchard road, but good service.

We also enjoyed the Conrad in Instanbul, but that was several years back.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:39 pm
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by CMK10
I've only stayed at one, but I know I'm going to find it hard to find a hotel that tops the Conrad Hong Kong ^
It is a great hotel, but rooms in Conrad Tokyo are nicer. I really enjoy interacting with staff at HK Conrad, in Tokyo it is very much by the book... Tokyo has much better pool!

I also like NY, more than Chicago, for example.

I am here talking about city properties, of course.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond
I'm in the Conrad now, in a corner room.

Really nice hotel. Big room, superbly finished, and the staff are very attentive. Nice pool area. Even got picked up from the airport
Old Mar 27, 2015, 11:56 am

Tokyo, HK, Bali, Singapore, Bangkok, Dublin, NYC, Brussels, Miami

"The Luxury of Being Yourself" -- Conrad Hotels

In that order for me... I maybe missing one.

I like to collect their animals

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SPBanker
I really enjoy interacting with staff at HK Conrad, in Tokyo it is very much by the book... Tokyo has much better pool!
The service at both properties is exemplary. Different styles with different strengths, reflecting different service cultures.

Agree the Tokyo rooms are nicer, but the harbour view at HKG is fantastic.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:59 pm

And this is why Conrad Bali is the best...

Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:02 pm

Programs: SQ KF, A3 Gold, CI Dynasty, UA MileagePlus, ANA AMC, HH Gold, M&C Gold, SPG Gold
I've stayed at Conrad Singapore, Hong Kong, Macau & Tokyo.

Will be adding Bali to the list later this year.

Singapore:
Pros - Exec lounge staff pretty much knows me by name and really good interaction
Con - Their room looks tired. Lack of power points can be troublesome.

Hong Kong:
Pros - The staff is excellent as usual. Really enjoy the harbour view rooms and how chocolates are placed in the room like dimsum
Cons - Can't really think of any at the moment, which I suppose is good

Macau:
Pros - booked a basic room and was upgraded to a suite. like WOW. The breakfast buffet is really really good.
Cons - Can't think of any.

Tokyo:
Pros - The room design is really unique and feels extra luxurious. Love the electrical blinds. The food items for the evening cocktail is really good.
Cons - Lounge. Only juice, milk and water is self serve. Anything else have to request from the staff. Outside of afternoon tea and evening cocktail, there seem to be only 2 staff at the counter handling check ins and what not, so they might be too busy to attend to guests in the lounge.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:30 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RCTP
Hong Kong:
Pros - The staff is excellent as usual. Really enjoy the harbour view rooms and how chocolates are placed in the room like dimsum
Yes! I loved that little treat box:

Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Lot of families here at the Dubai property. Breakfast at the restaurant downstairs a little zoo-like.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by jeffers
Lot of families here at the Dubai property. Breakfast at the restaurant downstairs a little zoo-like.
And the lounge? Will be there over the Christmas/NY period. Surprisingly little info and few current updates about this hotel on FT, given the location. The master thread is only 2 pages!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:53 pm

Programs: Meh
HK for me. The lounge staff know me well and are very good at what they do. The rooms have great views, as does the lounge. The pool is very nice and relaxing. The location is perfect beside the park and walkable into central. Great hotel and one I love staying at.

Have stayed at Tokyo, New York, Singapore, London, and Dublin and HK is the best for me.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
And the lounge? Will be there over the Christmas/NY period. Surprisingly little info and few current updates about this hotel on FT, given the location. The master thread is only 2 pages!
Lounge is nice actually. Decent view, nice and large with different areas, and a really good spread of food and drinks. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.