Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2015, 3:06 pm

Access granted

Hello,

first of all i'm sorry for the bad English - i'm a young Men from Switzerland and need English not for Business and its not my best Language.

I read 5 or more Years here on FT and just register now to confirm, that HH Dianonds receive now Access to the Lounge in the Waldorf Astoria Dubai.
I cannot say that it is for all Diamonds but i think so, we have no Contact with the Hotel and see the Upgrade in the Hhonors Account. I make a Screenshot for you here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebsquttlfsehitf/Screenshot_2015-08-24-00-36-00.png?dl=0

Last Year we are in Dubai and it was just opened, the Hotel let us view without Reservation and confirm that the Lounge is not included in Upgrades, its cute that he change it now (i think so).

Have a good Day & hope, this Post is helpful for someone
David
Old Aug 23, 2015, 5:27 pm

Welcome to FT! Thanks for posting - and your English is far better than my German/French/Italian/Romansch.

Just to clarify, what was the type of room that you paid for? You mention an upgrade so I am assuming that, while you are on a paid stay, it is not a paid suite booking.

What we really need is to hear of a Diamond receiving lounge access who was not upgraded to a suite. In my understanding the suites at this property have always conveyed lounge access attached to them, and people receiving this may be getting it more as a function of a suite upgrade (with bundled benefits) than for being Diamond.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:04 pm

Hei arlflyer,

thanks for the friendly Reply
We just booked the cheapest Room 7 months in Advance, named King Deluxe Room. Not the one with Lounge Access or a Premier Room.
I think its not a Problem if you dont receive a Suite-Upgrade, the Property has enough "Premier" Rooms, which are Standard Rooms but with Lounge Access.

On CheckIn i ask the Manager of Duty and he say that all Diamonds receive Lounge Access - he named the Lounge directly "Diamond Lounge", not Waldorf Astoria Lounge, but on the Info Letter the Name is Waldorf Astoria Lounge. The Lounge was very very very full, maybe 40 from 50 Places was taken, so i'm very sure that all Diamonds inHouse have access. (it was not to much People, the Lounge is very big & it has 12 People from the Staff, all Drinks & Food was fast refilled)
He say nothing about the denied Access in the Past but i dont ask about this. Just say that this Access Upgrades are not for Hhonors Gold.

Later or tomorrow on Checkout i have Time to ask for the Front Office Managerin and a guaranted Information about the Policy and your Question.
//Edit: I going to the friendly Guide in the Lounge and he confirm, Lounge Access is granted for ALL Diamonds without any Exception since Novembre 2013.

Last edited by unknownCH; Aug 24, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by unknownCH
On CheckIn i ask the Manager of Duty and he say that all Diamonds receive Lounge Access - he named the Lounge directly "Diamond Lounge", not Waldorf Astoria Lounge, but on the Info Letter the Name is Waldorf Astoria Lounge. The Lounge was very very very full, maybe 40 from 50 Places was taken, so i'm very sure that all Diamonds inHouse have access. (it was not to much People, the Lounge is very big & it has 12 People from the Staff, all Drinks & Food was fast refilled)
Wow, this is very useful information, I appreciate it. I tend to shy away from WA on principle alone, given that the benefits are usually inferior to Conrad or even Hilton properties. But having a WA with lounge access for Diamond is great! I'm excited to be giving this property a try in a couple months...
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:50 pm

I recently returned from a 10 day stay at this hotel a week ago. I can confirm that I was booked for a family sea view room. Upon checkin , - bizarrely I was unable to check in online. I was upgraded to a suite, without asking. I was also informed that the GM would meet me in the morning. I had arrived late in the evening. I am a diamond and the GM is only recently in post to this hotel . He welcomed me to the hotel and offered his card to inform him if I have any issues.

The lounge is big , with refreshments all day. Breakfast is provided , but far better spread and choice in restaurant. They provide afternoon tea around 1500 and snacks in the evening. I too was surprised at the number of guests in lounge including children , but was informed that it was guests who were booked in lounge access rooms/ suites rather than Diamonds.
They did not ask anyone at the desk for room numbers, so I am not sure how they kept out unwanted guests.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:50 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by unknownCH
I going to the friendly Guide in the Lounge and he confirm, Lounge Access is granted for ALL Diamonds without any Exception since Novembre 2013.
Good to hear that Diamonds now get automatic access to the Waldorf Astoria Lounge. Certainly wasn't granted to this Diamond during our stay in April 2014. Paid 300Dh/night to get access to the lounge.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 11:03 am

Yes, i'm sorry i mean Novembre 2014, not 2013. Sorry for this.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Special 1
I too was surprised at the number of guests in lounge including children , but was informed that it was guests who were booked in lounge access rooms/ suites rather than Diamonds.
In light of these conflicting, very recent experiences (a week ago vs. just yesterday), I let my curiosity get the best of me and simply emailed the property. Their response was unambiguous:

Waldorf Astoria Dubai is granting Club Lounge access to all our valuable Diamond HHonors Members during their stay with us.
Enjoy!!!
Old Aug 26, 2015, 2:41 pm

My apology , to clarify , I was querying the large number of of guests in lounge. Most of the guests present had access to lounge due to their rooms/ suites rather than Diamond Status. Diamonds do get access to lounge as your email correctly informs you.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 1:56 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by arlflyer
In light of these conflicting, very recent experiences (a week ago vs. just yesterday), I let my curiosity get the best of me and simply emailed the property. Their response was unambiguous:

Enjoy!!!
Interesting. This is a decent move by the hotel, IMHO. It will be enough to get me to move from my current booking at Hilton The Walk over to the WA.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Interesting. This is a decent move by the hotel, IMHO. It will be enough to get me to move from my current booking at Hilton The Walk over to the WA.
Agree that this is a good sign. DXB is probably the most internally-competitive market for Hilton properties, wouldn't you say? Lots of great properties in a small geographic area. Something must have led this property to believe that it needed to step up its game and do something to lure elites. If only this would rub off on other WAs in the form of better Diamond benefits.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Agree that this is a good sign. DXB is probably the most internally-competitive market for Hilton properties, wouldn't you say? Lots of great properties in a small geographic area. Something must have led this property to believe that it needed to step up its game and do something to lure elites. If only this would rub off on other WAs in the form of better Diamond benefits.
Yes, but I must admit the Accor and SPG properties have become considerably cheaper of late.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Yes, but I must admit the Accor and SPG properties have become considerably cheaper of late.
Well, I wouldn't complain about a price war either.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:45 am

Anyone have a recent experience with benefits as a HH Gold at this property?

TIA
Old Oct 18, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just booked 2 nights here using my Hilton weekend night certs (~$1200 in value!). Any chance I'll get upgraded as a Gold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.