Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2023, 9:41 am

Any recent feedback for Diamond upgrades? I'm staying here with points/cash/FNC booking in less than 2 weeks. It's also in 2 separate reservations. No welcome email yet.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GMSK
Any recent feedback for Diamond upgrades?......
Diamond upgrades are likely Skyline View or Palm Sea View (if you are lucky). Suites are hard to come by. Pearl Club has to be paid.

Last edited by TerryK; Apr 12, 2023 at 11:01 am
Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Diamond upgrades are likely Skyline View or Palm Sea View (if you are lucky). Suites are hard to come by. Pearl Club has to be paid.
Thanks. Should I reach out via email and literally ask for an upgrade? It may be less awkward since I can advise of my 2 reservations to be combined. Or just hope for the best upon check-in?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. Should I reach out via email and literally ask for an upgrade? It may be less awkward since I can advise of my 2 reservations to be combined. Or just hope for the best upon check-in?
Feel free to email in advance. Many, including myself, saw one category upgrade, to Skyline View, a few days in advance. It is just a view upgrade, the rooms are identical.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:29 pm

Definitely e-mail to ask that your reservations be linked so you can stay in one room the entire stay. No harm in asking if the upgrade you want is feasible, or if you're seeking an even higher category, what supplement they would charge to guarantee it.

As the poster said above, lounge access is non-negotiable. You have to pay for it or stay in a room with access attached to your rate.
Old Jul 5, 2023, 11:21 am

I've booked this hotel for a night in August via the Amex FHR program. Went for a King Deluxe with Skyline View. Whether that is what I get, or perhaps a one category upgrade to Palm view, I'm not too bothered since I lived in Dubai for several years and the "wow" factor isn't quite the same for me now.

A promotional, paid upgrade to a Queen Sea View with Pearl Club access is being offered via my Honors account for AED 638. I already have breakfast included with my FHR booking, so wondering whether it would be worth it or not... for anyone who has been and used the Pearl Club, can you still get a fair bit out of the lounge, over and above the breakfast?
Old Jul 5, 2023, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by ABZSimy
I've booked this hotel for a night in August via the Amex FHR program. Went for a King Deluxe with Skyline View. Whether that is what I get, or perhaps a one category upgrade to Palm view, I'm not too bothered since I lived in Dubai for several years and the "wow" factor isn't quite the same for me now.

A promotional, paid upgrade to a Queen Sea View with Pearl Club access is being offered via my Honors account for AED 638. I already have breakfast included with my FHR booking, so wondering whether it would be worth it or not... for anyone who has been and used the Pearl Club, can you still get a fair bit out of the lounge, over and above the breakfast?
Hi,

When I was there in June they had soup from about 1245 to 1345 then afternoon tea from 3pm then evening drinks and snacks ( very good selection - good enough for a meal) plus a good range of alcohol served until 8pm ( including cocktails and mocktails). The lounge had an outdoor terrace and it nice to see the sunset behind the building and watch as the lights came on over the palm and marina area. Daytime views are great also ( some good photo opportunities towards the marina area)
Without your own transpoort ( or a taxi/shuttle/careem) it is about a 3k walk to Atlantis and there is not a lot close by ( apart from other resorts)
Dinner in the buffet restaurant was about AED240 for reference

The upcharge is a little pricey but had all my meals in the lounge ( was happy just to spend 3 days in the hotel/beach) as I used the Conrad to explore dubai via the metro. With a couple of drinks in the evening in the lounge, the cost difference is less
I had a sea view and on a couple of days the view of downtown dubai ( inc the burj khalifa) at sunrise was beautiflu ( before the sand haze started blocking the view in midmorning)

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 5, 2023, 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

When I was there in June they had soup from about 1245 to 1345 then afternoon tea from 3pm then evening drinks and snacks ( very good selection - good enough for a meal) plus a good range of alcohol served until 8pm ( including cocktails and mocktails). The lounge had an outdoor terrace and it nice to see the sunset behind the building and watch as the lights came on over the palm and marina area. Daytime views are great also ( some good photo opportunities towards the marina area)
Without your own transpoort ( or a taxi/shuttle/careem) it is about a 3k walk to Atlantis and there is not a lot close by ( apart from other resorts)
Dinner in the buffet restaurant was about AED240 for reference

The upcharge is a little pricey but had all my meals in the lounge ( was happy just to spend 3 days in the hotel/beach) as I used the Conrad to explore dubai via the metro. With a couple of drinks in the evening in the lounge, the cost difference is less
I had a sea view and on a couple of days the view of downtown dubai ( inc the burj khalifa) at sunrise was beautiflu ( before the sand haze started blocking the view in midmorning)

Regards

TBS
Thank you, TBS. Kind of you to share such detailed feedback. Although I will have a rental car for the 11 days I’ll be in town, I’m not planning on leaving the WA for the two days / one night I’ll be there. I’m staying at a far less appealing place in an industrial area for the rest of my time there, so this is really just for me to get a nicer place to relax over the weekend.

With the soup at lunch, afternoon tea, evening snacks, and drinks, it sounds like I possibly could get my money’s worth. I’m not usually a fan of buffet restaurants for dinner, so was thinking otherwise of trying the Asian place, Lao, or Social by Heinz Beck.
Old Jul 6, 2023, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi

On the hotel.website it says social will be closed from 9th to 31st July so hopefully will be open in August.
there is a walkway on the sea wall across the road from.the hotel for walking also ( will be hot though)
regards

Tbs
ABZSimy likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 12:39 am

Is this hotel too far out for a first time visitor to Dubai? Considering the WA or downtown Conrad?
Old Jul 26, 2023, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tierneyalvin
Is this hotel too far out for a first time visitor to Dubai? Considering the WA or downtown Conrad?

Hi

Unless you have your own car you will need a taxi/careem to get any where ( there is a very limited shuttle service to mall of Emirates and a couple of other places). Probably about 20 to 30 mins by car to Dubai Mall burj khalifa
the conrad is across the road from the world trade center metro stop which serves a lot of dubai ie 3 stops to dubai mall 1 stop to dubai frame and 1 stop to museum of the future and also a few stops to dubai creek
The WA DIFC is also close to a metro stop.

the wa palm is a very nice hotel ideal if you want pool or beach time but the location is the major negative point for me
The paid for Pearl club ( no free upgrades or access for diamonds) is good.
However the executive lounge at the conrad is very good.( free for diamonds)
regards
Tbs

PS - with enough days in dubai I would consider a split stay ( few days at conrad or WA DIFC then a few days at the WA palm to relax by the pool/beach and admire the palm area ( in june 2022 i spent 5 days at the Conrad and 3 at the WA palm)
tierneyalvin likes this.

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jul 26, 2023 at 11:57 am
Old Jul 26, 2023, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by tierneyalvin
WA DIFC > WA Palm. My wife and I completed our first trip to Dubai in May and split our stay between the two Waldorfs. The WA DIFC was a perfect location for exploring the main sites in Dubai, while WA Palm was nice to relax at the pool. Also, WA DIFC Diamond recognition was much better, with an amazing suite upgrade, welcome gifts etc. WA Palm getting an upgrade was like pulling teeth...
Old Dec 7, 2023, 12:42 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Anybody staying here presently?

I've heard through some second hand witness (I'm not at the hotel) that the hotel kicked everyone out without notice tonight (this is confirmed on social media). No alternative lodging proposed to all the guests who were walked. The hotel shows unavailable until the 10th.

Some guests told that this was a VIP/diplomatic guest who decided to close off the hotel for their stay. Apparently lots of medical equipment brought in, reasons unclear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.