Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2016, 6:54 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stevie
And tastes like a 10 quid bottle of plonk IMHO.
Yes. So much so we just had water.

Food was stupendous again though
Old Mar 27, 2016, 10:17 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by Geoggy
Yes. So much so we just had water.

Food was stupendous again though
Agree the food is superb there.
Old Apr 17, 2016, 3:02 pm

I am staying in Wa dubai in May. Does anyone know the current policy for Diamond members? Do they allow free breakfast and lounge access? Thanks
Old Apr 18, 2016, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Abdul Qahar
I am staying in Wa dubai in May. Does anyone know the current policy for Diamond members? Do they allow free breakfast and lounge access? Thanks
Has changed a lot lately so I would email.

dubai . reservations @ waldorfastoria . com

(remove spaces)
Old Apr 18, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
I was there 3 weeks ago. Yes on free breakfast in the restaurant. No on lounge access.

We had two rooms booked-- one for wife and me, the other for baby and nanny. They gave free breakfast for both rooms from my Diamond status, which I thought was generous.

We paid for lounge access separately for one of the rooms. Given we already had free breakfast, I don't think it was good value, and probably wouldn't pay again, but we're not the couple that spends hours in a lounge every night. We much preferred to have evening drinks on our room's balcony.
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Contrasted with my experience at the WA Palm last week. 2 rooms booked by 1 diamond for 3 people.

Sorry no upgrades available (fine, it is what it is and "space available during entire stay" seems to be interpreted loosely).

No lounge access (fine, it's not a stated benefit).

No breakfast (fine it's not a stated benefit).

Can't complain as did get the 1,000 points bonus.

The only fixed benefits for diamond at WA are the 1,000 points, and a free movie / other discount (they told me they don't offer the other discount so just 1,000 points and a movie).

YMMV.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:26 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
You should have got breakfast unless they've changed it again.

Great hotel, shame about the construction site right next door
Old Apr 19, 2016, 6:44 am

They probably have changed it - I recall lounge access used to be given there when it first opened, not now, but I think that was an error.

From HHonors current terms, Diamond benefits at a WA are (my summary): 50% bonus on base points, free premium internet (unless a resort), access to gym (unless a resort), 2 bottles of water (unless a resort), 5th night free redemption, reservation availability guarantee, on property benefit of 1,000 points, space available room upgrade, free movie / other discount.

As always YMMV.

http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/terms/...nors_amenities

Diamond Elite Membership

Hilton HHonors Diamond Elite membership will be awarded to Members with 30 stays, 60 nights or 120,000 Base Points earned during any calendar year. A "night" is a night that is part of a "stay," as that term is defined herein. Base Points earned will count toward Diamond Elite tier qualification. Bonus Points earned on Base Points do not count toward Elite tier qualification.
Diamond Elite Members will receive the following during stays as a registered Diamond Elite Member:
A 50% bonus on Base Points earned during the period they are Diamond Elite Members.
Complimentary in-room and lobby Premium Internet access during stays at Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Canopy™ by Hilton, Embassy Suites Hotels™ Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton®, and Hilton Grand Vacations™.*
Complimentary access during your stay to health club or fitness center where available and where the health club or fitness center is owned or operated by the hotel.*
Two complimentary bottles of water per stay at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton®, and Hilton Grand Vacations properties.*
5th Night Free: For every Standard Room Reward stay of five or more nights, one night is free. Members can utilize the 5th Night Free benefit on an unlimited number of stays annually. Applies only to five consecutive nights within the same Standard Room Reward stay at the same property, up to 20 nights, when confirmed at time of booking. No more than four free nights will be awarded per stay. If free night is declined, reservation is cancelled, or check-out occurs before fifth night, the free night is forfeited and has no cash, point, or Reward value. Point value of the free night is based on the average nightly point value during the stay calculated by dividing the total point value of all nights by the number of nights in the stay. A standard room is defined by each hotel and subject to availability at participating hotels within the Hilton HHonors portfolio of brands. Applies to Standard Room Reward stays only, not to paid stays. Does not apply when stay is booked as part of a Reward Stay offer, package, or promotion offered by Hilton or any of its partners, or at All-Inclusive properties or Distinctive properties.
Guaranteed reservations availability, subject to the restrictions stated herein, at hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio when paid reservations are made before midnight hotel local time, two or more days (48 hours) prior to intended arrival. RESTRICTIONS: This guarantee does not apply to reservations paid for in part or in full by HHonors Points, free night certificates issued by Hilton Worldwide. This guarantee does not apply to a hotel when that hotel becomes overbooked on inventory by 10% or more (meaning, 110% or more of rooms are reserved). For certain hotels within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio, this guarantee does not apply when that hotel becomes overbooked on inventory by 2% or more (meaning, 102% or more of rooms are reserved). Consult with the individual hotel or view hotels with the 2% cap to determine whether the 2% limitation applies. This guarantee also does not apply to any hotel during Extraordinary Demand Dates. The term "Extraordinary Demand Dates" are dates determined by the hotel and Hilton HHonors, in their sole discretion, that are consistently popular reservation dates for guests, such as during major events in the area or New Year's Eve. This guarantee applies to only one room reserved with a valid credit card and occupied by the Diamond Elite Member. Please note that this guarantee does not impact the rate, and the reservations made under the guarantee will be subject to the hotel's prevailing rate for the accommodations requested. In the event the Member does not arrive as scheduled, or does not call to cancel and obtain a cancellation number, the credit card will be charged one night's room and tax. The 48-Hour Reservations Guarantee applies to reservations made online at a hotel Website, through Hilton Reservations and Customer Care, through the Diamond Special Services Department, or with the hotel directly. Promotional Rewards are not applicable for reservations booked under the 48-Hour Reservations Guarantee. The 48-Hour Reservations Guarantee may periodically be restricted in Homewood Suites by Hilton and Home2 Suites by Hilton hotels due to the extended stay nature of guest stays at the Homewood brand. The 48 hour guarantee does not apply at the Conrad Rangali Island Maldives Hotel, Hilton Seychelles Northolme Resort and Spa, Ho'olei at Grand Wailea, Kingston Plantation Condos, Royale Palms, Conrad Koh Samui or Hilton Grand Vacation.
Choose a My Way On-Property benefit. Click this link to view the choices at each hotel brand within the Hilton Worldwide portfolio.
At Waldorf Astoria® Hotels & Resorts, Conrad® Hotels & Resorts, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Curio - A Collection by Hilton, and DoubleTree by Hilton™ properties, Diamond HHonors guests will receive upgrades to preferred rooms, based on availability at the time of check-in (excludes Napua Tower at Grand Wailea and Imperial Floor at Rome Cavalieri). Upgrades for Diamond HHonors guests may include the next-best available room from the room type booked. Upgrades may also be rooms with desirable views, corner rooms, rooms on high floors, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites, as identified by each property. Upgrades exclude executive suites, villas and specialty accommodations (which may include, but not limited to, "Vista" and "Villa" accommodation types), subject to the discretion of the hotel. Group reservations and certain rates are not eligible for suite accommodations and may not be eligible for complimentary upgrades. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis for the entire stay, as determined at the time of check-in. Preferred rooms are identified by each individual property and may vary within each brand. Upgrades will be given only for one room for the member, regardless of additional rooms the member may have purchased at or after the time of booking. The following brands do not offer complimentary upgrades: Embassy Suites™, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton Inn & Suites®, Homewood Suites by Hilton®, Home2 Suites by Hilton®, and Hilton Grand Vacations®.

* Internet Access, Fitness Center/Health Club Access, In-Room Movie and Bottled Water benefits may not be complimentary at properties with a resort charge.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 2:06 pm

Just got an email back from WA

Dear Mr Khan,

Greetings from the Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah.

We are delighted to welcome you to Waldorf Astoria The Palm as our valued Diamond member.

We would like to take this opportunity to pass on the information with regards to the recent changes for Hilton Honors Diamond Member benefits for all Waldorf Astoria.

§ Prioritized upgrade to the next category of the booked room type booked, subject to availability upon check in *Premier rooms, Waldorf Astoria Suites, Chairman Suite & Royal Suite are excluded.
§ Complimentary Premium high speed internet during the stay.
§ Late check-out upon request and subject to availability.
§ 1,000 points per stay.
§ 50% Bonus on all HHonors Base points earned during your stay.

Kindly be aware that Club Lounge access has never been part of the Diamond Member benefit therefore was adjusted accordingly for us to be in line with the rest of Waldorf Astoria around the world. This is due to the fact that among the 26 Waldorf Astoria around the world only 5 properties have Club Lounge facility. Therefore in order to provide a standard benefit to all Diamond members the following benefits were adjusted.

In addition, kindly be aware of additional Diamond benefits exclusive to Waldorf Astoria The Palm.

· 10% discount at the Mezzerie restaurant.
· Complimentary breakfast buffet at Mezzerie or a selection of breakfast items in Palm Avenue which includes one fresh juice, one hot beverage, one main dish as well as one side dish.
· Complimentary daily drink voucher for 2, (member and one registered guest) in Peacock Alley or Serafina

So it seems breakfast is given to all diamond members but no lounge access
flockavelliFT likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 2:32 pm

Just got an email back from WA

Dear Mr Khan,
[...]
So it seems breakfast is given to all diamond members but no lounge access
Great result. ^
I guess it depends on the competency of the check in agent (or lack of, given my experience). At least others know what they should get. I didn't get a pre-arrival email so had nothing to argue with.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:04 am

Glad to see that the breakfast benefit has been maintained, and the drink vouchers added, but that paragraph about lounge access is pure gibberish of the finest quality.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:29 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah

Unless I missed it, there does not seem to be a thread on the Waldorf Dubai Jumeirah. Any feedback from someone who stayed there before?

How generous are upgrades to Diamond members at this property?
Old May 3, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by escape4
Unless I missed it, there does not seem to be a thread on the Waldorf Dubai Jumeirah. Any feedback from someone who stayed there before?

How generous are upgrades to Diamond members at this property?
See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...meirah-11.html
Old May 3, 2016, 11:57 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Wow diamond benefits are awful at this property!
Old May 4, 2016, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by escape4
Wow diamond benefits are awful at this property!
Same as, or better than, any other WA property (which is to say, awful if you compare to for example the treatment of Hyatt elites at PHs).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.