Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah {ARE}

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2016, 8:25 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Any property is free to give more benefits than the minimum required by Hilton corporate. Indeed the WA benefits are very minimal. This particular property has elected to offer nothing more than the bare minimum from what I can see. I cannot comment on what other WA properties do - perhaps same as this one.

So if I have the choice to go to Hyatt, Starwood, or Hilton/Conrad/DT (not WA), I would be a fool to choose WA particularly in a market such as Dubai where there are lots of great options.

WA can make sense for someone without status anywhere because it looks like the WA is a nice property.
Old May 4, 2016, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by escape4
This particular property has elected to offer nothing more than the bare minimum from what I can see.
This is not true. They provide breakfast in the restaurant which is not a WA brand standard. And it is a very good breakfast, for what it's worth. Definitely in the top 3 of Hilton breakfasts I've had anywhere.
Old May 4, 2016, 4:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond,Virgin Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Agreed the restaurant breakfast here are very high quality much better than Hilton Dubai or Conrad Dubai and so much choice. One of my favourites.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, IHG Spire Amb, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Don't forget the other WA

About an hour north of DUBAI - which given the current traffic situation is probably quicker to reach.

It is a fabulous palace of a Waldorf Asforia and I have always been treated well as Diamond - upgrades to junior suites / tower suites etc.

Prices are high for food but on many OTAs they offer half board packages (recently matched travelrepublic rates) get HH BRG to match for great value.

A 2 minute taxi or 10 minute walk lands you at a modern mall with all the usual outlets.

No lounge but in my view it's not a loss.

Had a terrible stay at WA palm j in September - terrible construction noise, mouldy vents - I checked out early and received a full refund. Won't return until construction over
Old Jun 5, 2016, 3:07 pm

Are you referring to the WA in Ras al Khaimah ?
Old Jun 8, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, EY Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, IHG Spire Amb, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Special 1
Are you referring to the WA in Ras al Khaimah ?
Yes indeed.
Old Aug 24, 2016, 3:53 am

Any data point on how much the upgrade is to have lounge access?

Originally Posted by ps9a
I was there 3 weeks ago. Yes on free breakfast in the restaurant. No on lounge access.

We had two rooms booked-- one for wife and me, the other for baby and nanny. They gave free breakfast for both rooms from my Diamond status, which I thought was generous.

We paid for lounge access separately for one of the rooms.
Hello,

We're looking at a stay here in November using an award stay, can anyone chime in based on their experience what the upgrade to lounge access cost?

Thanks much!
Old Aug 24, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia
Originally Posted by gourmand73
Hello,

We're looking at a stay here in November using an award stay, can anyone chime in based on their experience what the upgrade to lounge access cost?

Thanks much!
300 AED/night for lounge access, if you don't upgrade the room
If you email them, they'll give you a full range of available upgrades and prices

The lounge was fine, but were we to stay again at this property, we wouldn't purchase access, unless it came with the room we wanted. Free diamond breakfast downstairs was far better than what the lounge had on offer, and it's quite easy to buy a few bottles of wine/champagne/beer at the Dubai Duty Free store in DXB baggage claim. There were small refrigerators in each room, and the wine/beer selections in the lounge were pretty poor IMO.

Last edited by ps9a; Aug 24, 2016 at 8:48 am
Old Aug 24, 2016, 12:04 pm

Currently staying at this hotel as I write. I can confirm that lounge access is restricted to either room status or via additional charge to upgrade to the lounge access. As a diamond and regular patron at this hotel , I was offered an upgrade as well as drinks vouchers for each night to be used at Peacock Alley or Serafina bar. The vouchers state complimentary drinks vouchers for diamond members.
Breakfast is offered complimentary and was confirmed in emails prior to stay.

I do not think paying the additional charge to use the lounge is justified as the cost can be offset by dining in one of the restaurants.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by Special 1
Currently staying at this hotel as I write. I can confirm that lounge access is restricted to either room status or via additional charge to upgrade to the lounge access. As a diamond and regular patron at this hotel , I was offered an upgrade as well as drinks vouchers for each night to be used at Peacock Alley or Serafina bar. The vouchers state complimentary drinks vouchers for diamond members.
Breakfast is offered complimentary and was confirmed in emails prior to stay.

I do not think paying the additional charge to use the lounge is justified as the cost can be offset by dining in one of the restaurants.
Which email did you use to get complimentary breakfast confirmed? I used dubai . reservations @ waldorfastoria . com that was provided a few posts back, and no one has responded in two days.
Old Oct 13, 2016, 3:45 pm

[email protected].
I had it confirmed 3 weeks ago that breakfast is extended to Diamonds.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
I've always received full breakfast there as a diamond, apart from the first time I stayed. I didn't receive any welcome email that time, didn't do my research and so got nothing, not knowing their policy.

Thereafter with more knowledge and receiving the welcome email it has been fine. The proper breakfast is very good and includes a pork station with American style bacon and pork sausage (not usual in UAE).

This is the redacted email I got on Thursday this week, for a diamond staying in a premier (club) room:

Dear [ ],

I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you back and introduce myself as your Personal Concierge, I'm here to act as your primary contact throughout your entire stay to guarantee every request is met; from assisting with culinary preferences, to arranging special occasion details, ensuring your stay is unforgettable.
. Dine with us at Social by Heinz Beck, serving contemporary Italian cuisine by world-renowned, 3-star Michelin Chef Heinz Beck. The fine-casual dining concept features a relaxed yet vibrant atmosphere ideal for casual every day dining or special celebratory meals.
. We are at your service for all your transportation requirements from airport transfers to private chauffeur services we will make sure that you always travel in style.
. The Waldorf Astoria Spa offers destination inspired spa journeys from exotic international locales as well as locally inspired rituals. Each journey incorporates traditional practices and exquisite products to deliver a unique and memorable experience.
We would like to take this opportunity to pass on the information regarding Hilton Honors Diamond Member benefits for the Waldorf Astoria Brand.

* Prioritized upgrade to the next category of the booked room type, subject to availability upon check in *Premier rooms, Waldorf Astoria Suites, Chairman Suite & Royal Suite are excluded. Applicable to one room only.
* Complimentary Premium high speed internet during the stay.
* Late check-out upon request and subject to availability. Applicable to one room only.
* 1,000 points per stay.
* 50% Bonus on all HHonors Base points earned during your stay.

*Club Lounge access is not part of HHonors Benefits for all Waldorf Astoria as only 4 out of 28 property has the facility (as Waldorf Astoria New York is currently under renovation). Since Waldorf Astoria are not designed to have a Club Lounge entirely, the following benefits does not cover the brand.

In addition, kindly be aware of additional Diamond benefits exclusive to Waldorf Astoria The Palm.

* 10% discount at the Mezzerie restaurant.
* Complimentary breakfast buffet at Mezzerie or a selection of breakfast items in Palm Avenue which includes one fresh juice, one hot beverage, one main dish as well as one side dish. Applicable to Diamond member + 1 guest only
* Complimentary daily drink voucher for 2, (member and one registered guest) in Peacock Alley or Serafina

For detailed list of your benefits for the whole Hilton Brand:
http://hhonors3.hilton.com/en/explore/benefits/index.html

However kindly be aware that the following reservation has Club Lounge Access as you have booked a Premiere Room that does include Club Access.

Kindly Click Here, to Plan Your Stay or reply to this email directly. In doing so I will make the necessary arrangements to personalize your upcoming stay with us. I look forward to personally welcoming you upon arrival and creating an unforgettable Waldorf Astoria experience during your stay with us.

Kind regards,

[]
Club Lounge Agent and Your Personal Concierge
Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah
+971 (0)4 818 2222
[email protected]
Old Oct 18, 2016, 12:45 pm

Thank you for both for the reply, and sorry for the delayed response. For whatever reason, I didn't get the alert even though I was subscribed to the post.
Thanks again!
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:20 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
I am no longer able to find CASH + POINTS rates for Waldorf Astoria Palm Jumeirah throughout multiple dates in 2016 and 2017. Can someone confirm this has been removed? It seemed great value for burning HHonors points.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:50 am

Hi

Points and money is available on most days up until February 2017

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.