Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Sisosig
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Hilton Paris Opéra, Paris, France
Hilton Paris Opéra
108 Rue Saint Lazare, Paris, 75008, France
TEL: 33-1-40084444 FAX: 33-1-42930120
General Manager: Sofia L. Vandaele
HHonors Reward Category: Usually 80000 points or premium
Opened for booking as Hilton 1 Mar 2014

Hotel Information:
Check-in: 3:00 pm; Check-out: 12:00 pm
Smoking: Available
Parking: Valet or Self parking: 30.00 € (old info? Website now says both are unavailble)
Pets: Service animals allowed: Yes; Pets allowed: No
Executive Lounge: Yes (suites, executive room and Diamond access)

Location: Link to Google maps; 1 block south Gare Saint-Lazare rail station; close by Sainte-Lazare Metro. Roissybus from CDG info link and link to Google map from Opéra Garnier to property (650 meters via Rue Aubert).

Print Wikipost

Hilton Paris Opera {FRA} (France)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2022, 2:34 am

Lounge was empty when i arrived, but got significantly more crowded as time went by. Lots of Americans.

llfoster likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 11:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Any recent stats at the property? Am wondering if the lounge and breakfast are back to pre-covid normal? I’ll be traveling to Paris with my family later this month and am deciding between this property and Maison Astor- I think the lounge would sway me to the opera…
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:34 am

My first time here, using free certificates, it should be called Paris Hilton St. Lazare, a convenient location. Huge hotel, taking an entire city block. As a diamond I was upgraded, free breakfast, executive lounge access. Large room, large bathroom. They tried to upsell me to an executive room, but I said no.

The executive lounge had various cheeses and cold cuts, croque monsieur, quiche with veggies, tarte St Tropez, a flan, white and red wine, heineken beer. They brought out fresh food regularly, it was busy.

Breakfast was pretty good with everything you would expect, large area with windows overlooking the square in front of St Lazare.

I would be happy to stay here again.
EqualOpp, llfoster and Jerrremy like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 3:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by walterj
My first time here, using free certificates, it should be called Paris Hilton St. Lazare, a convenient location. Huge hotel, taking an entire city block. As a diamond I was upgraded, free breakfast, executive lounge access. Large room, large bathroom. They tried to upsell me to an executive room, but I said no.

The executive lounge had various cheeses and cold cuts, croque monsieur, quiche with veggies, tarte St Tropez, a flan, white and red wine, heineken beer. They brought out fresh food regularly, it was busy.

Breakfast was pretty good with everything you would expect, large area with windows overlooking the square in front of St Lazare.

I would be happy to stay here again.
Definitely not in the same league as InterContinental Paris Le Grand
Old Apr 27, 2022, 7:33 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by walterj
As a diamond I was upgraded [...]They tried to upsell me to an executive room, but I said no.
A bit ridiculous of the management to attempt to charge a diamond for an executive room upgrade when guest already has guaranteed lounge access by virtue of his status. Should have been complimentary.
EqualOpp and llfoster like this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Glad to hear the lounge is open.

I have a trip here in September.

The rates are absurd, over $600EU a night but weird thing is this hotel is very generous with point redemtpions. Four night stay and I am using two free night certificates and using 160K points for the other two nights. I figure after tax I'm getting a penny a point redemption, pretty sad Hilton has dimished points so much that's considered a good redemption
Old Apr 27, 2022, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by nicolas75
Definitely not in the same league as InterContinental Paris Le Grand
Back in the day I was a Royal Ambassador and stayed there many times. Looking at your pics brings back fond memories. It is one of my favorite places, and one where i would gladly forego HH bennies to experience again. I remember one trip where we were at Le Grand for a few nights, checked out but our flight was subsequently cancelled (due to snow) and we needed a place to stay for a few days (bad weather across the continent, Xmas 2009 if memory serves), and Le Grand was sold out. I booked us into the Hilton Arc de Triomphe, which was a fine enough hotel, but my wife had a long face the whole time as it wasnt at the same level.
nicolas75 likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:08 pm

Any recent stays here? Thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by sof_lance
Any recent stays here? Thanks.
I was there in April- don’t know if that is recent enough. Happy to answer any questions.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by whimsey21
I was there in April- don’t know if that is recent enough. Happy to answer any questions.
Thanks whimsey21 . That works.

If you don't mind...

1. What was your upgrade as a diamond (from which room to which room)?
2. If I understand correctly, breakfast is also served in Executive Lounge? In that case, complimentary breakfast can still be had at the regular restaurant?
3. Any street/road noise for rooms facing Rue Saint Lazare?

Totally appreciate!
Old Jul 3, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

If you don't mind...

2. If I understand correctly, breakfast is also served in Executive Lounge? In that case, complimentary breakfast can still be had at the regular restaurant?

Totally appreciate!
And if I can add one more:
4. Any specific room (or room type) one should ask for?
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:05 pm

If you don't mind...

Totally appreciate!

i’ve stayed at this property 6-7 times and have been upgraded maybe half the time usually by one category. On several occasions then hotel was still selling multiple types of higher category rooms and refused to upgrade me claiming it was a glitch on the website. So I wouldn’t count on getting an upgrade/.
That’s said, on this trip, I had contacted them in advance because I wanted connecting rooms (traveling with kids and booked two rooms on cash rates) and they were nice enough to upgrade one room to a suite to make that possible, which was great for our trip.

breakfast as a Diamond can be taken in the lounge or in the restaurant. I prefer the restaurant as the selection is much broader and the lounge can feel cramped.

i once had a lower level street facing room and it was very noisy. After that, when traveling alone I used to request courtyard facing rooms (very quiet). On this trip, the suite facied the train station on a higher floor and there was no external noise issue.

and regarding room types- across my trips I found the lowest room type to be smaller than I like (barely room to move around the bed) so I’d usually go with the second highest or exec room if rates allowed. The 3 different junior suites I’ve had ranged in size and shape quite a bit, but 2 of the 3 were both large and extremely comfortable.
lsquare, Finkface and sof_lance like this.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 3:10 pm

I should add that I believe the management has changed since my pre-covid visits and I noticed improvement in the breakfast quality and friendliness of the staff. This may mean that upgrade policies have changed for the better as well- i look forward to hearing your experiences.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 6:10 am

Would you choose room at Le Roch or Suite at Hilton Paris?
Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:29 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Can anybody compare this executive lounge to the IC Paris le Grande?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.