Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can you still book into late 2014/2015 with points or did they fix it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can you still book into late 2014/2015 with points or did they fix it?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2014, 4:22 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by alc
Just thought to bring this thread back up and see if anyone that did book 12+ months in advance last year having issue with checking-in their hotels this year.. or did I ask this question a few months too early. I had a reservation for summer this year. I already email the hotel about some special arrangement and they haven't say anything on the reply. I might try to send another email closer to my check-in to ensure no surprise during check-in.
Someone wrote on another thread that they had no problems whatsoever. I'm travelling next week, booked 14 months prior, so hopefully will also report back no problems. Honestly, I think this was a big fuss about nothing. We haven't heard of anyone declined yet. I seem to recall that the conclusion was that Axons could be an issue, but GLONs were ok
Old Mar 13, 2014, 10:09 am
alc

Originally Posted by Deepd1ver7
Someone wrote on another thread that they had no problems whatsoever. I'm travelling next week, booked 14 months prior, so hopefully will also report back no problems. Honestly, I think this was a big fuss about nothing. We haven't heard of anyone declined yet. I seem to recall that the conclusion was that Axons could be an issue, but GLONs were ok
Great, my was a GLON booking. keep my finger-cross.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
- I assume that you reservation is still showing up? Please post an update after your trip. This would be very useful for someone like me who has a reservation for June 2014 using old GLON rates.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Alex_I
- I assume that you reservation is still showing up? Please post an update after your trip. This would be very useful for someone like me who has a reservation for June 2014 using old GLON rates.
absolutely. My reservations for 2014 & March 2015 (made 2 years out) are showing. Confirmation from hotel received. Going next week , will confirm on return 2 weeks later
Old Apr 1, 2014, 5:47 am

Just to confirm, checked in 10 days ago, no drama no fuss. Asked for a copy of the bill yesterday, everything as expected. So GLONs most certainly appear to be honoured.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP - 3.7MM, Bonv LIFETIME Titan, HH Dmd, Hyatt Glob., Priority Clb Dmd, Ntnl Exec El., Sixt PLT
Just to confirm, checked in 10 days ago, no drama no fuss. Asked for a copy of the bill yesterday, everything as expected. So GLONs most certainly appear to be honoured.
- Great news indeed. I have a reservation for a hotel in June 2014 using the old GLON.
Old May 31, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
Originally Posted by LA_FadeAway
Ah, I see what you mean now. I just called the Honors customer service desk and the guy I spoke to said that if their web site lets you book it and it deducts the miles from your account then they will honor it. Of course, he didn't sound 100% sure about that either.
I had two cc weekend nights reward certificates that expire July 2014. In January 2014, I called Hhonor and the rep booked me into a Rome Hilton for one night using the certificate. I knew this was going over the "expiration" date by 3 months but the rep booked it when I gave her the number, it shows in my account, so I'm not too worried.

i still have the second one and would really love to use it for a night in Sydney in March 2015. hmmmm, now I just don't know but am sort of willing to try. I mean if the representative takes it and it gets applied. Isn't that good enough?
Old May 31, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Originally Posted by trekker954
I had two cc weekend nights reward certificates that expire July 2014. In January 2014, I called Hhonor and the rep booked me into a Rome Hilton for one night using the certificate. I knew this was going over the "expiration" date by 3 months but the rep booked it when I gave her the number, it shows in my account, so I'm not too worried.

i still have the second one and would really love to use it for a night in Sydney in March 2015. hmmmm, now I just don't know but am sort of willing to try. I mean if the representative takes it and it gets applied. Isn't that good enough?
No. The certificate is the payment. It must be USED before the expiration date, not a future booking. If it is expired, it won't be accepted. It's like booking with a CC that is valid at the time you book but expired by the time you have your stay. You still have to come up with the payment.

You should be worried about your first reservation as well. There are reports that the CS do NOT check the expiration dates before making the booking; only checking that it is a valid certificate. They should but it is ultimately YOUR responsibility to use it before it expires. It is the hotel that will NOT accept an expired certificate as they will not be paid for it.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
No one has reported back having problems beyond the April time frame which is when the largest part of the problems would occur.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 6:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
I will go ahead an confirm that the Hilton Millenium BKK said the reservation confirmations were in error and would not accept them. Had to get hhonors to correct it.

I have just now received a message from Conrad Koh Samui that the reservation is not in their system. That is very disappointing since I land today and get to Koh Samui tomorrow.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 9:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
No issues with my GLON award at Hilton Moorea a few weeks ago. Booked last year before the devaluation happened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.