Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by msc75
No wonder they just gave me Gold status until March 2015, it's basically useless now!
Exactly my dear chap! He giveth then taketh away! Makes sense now doesn't it?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:25 pm
Suspended

It is just too much now
https://www.facebook.com/HiltonHHonors
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: UA - 1K, Hilton - Diamond, Starwood - Plat
*cough cough cough*
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...luation-2.html

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
The Category 8 designation on The Bentley London was a typo, which has been corrected. We have no plans at this time to create a Category 8.
Granted, the post was made 18 months ago (so clearly accurate at the time), but I remembered this as soon as I saw the email from Hhonors today about the devaluation and had a chuckle.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
One bright spot I saw with this is Hilton Prague is now 30k most of the year, except for June which is 50k. Normal price for a room is 35k. So I guess you catch a little break.

I have an exec room reservation there later this summer ... wonder if the rate would drop. If it dropped by a similar amount, I'd get 20k points back. Not that I'll hold my breath or they'll be worth much ...
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by fozziedoggie
Also, if it hasn't been pointed out, the 5th night free may only be used four times per year.
That's not altogether clear to me. As usual, Hilton uses horribly ambiguous language in one place:
up to 4 free nights on a stay of 20 consecutive nights
One could fairly read this as "on stays of 20+ nights, you max out at 4 free nights" (as distinct from "maximum of 4 free 5th nights per year under any circumstances").

Either way, all of this is awful, awful news, and not just because I'll have to completely rewrite the sticky.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:33 pm

Changes in Reward Stays

As I sit here, spending more mental energy on this than it is probably worth, I find myself reminiscing about the good old days. Who remembers 6 nights at the Waikaloa Village for 100,000?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Well, don't I feel silly...staying in Hiltons this week after canceling all Marriott stays due to their huge devaluation.

I can move next week's stays to SPG, but they haven't announced their deval yet.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by ehallison
Well, don't I feel silly...staying in Hiltons this week after canceling all Marriott stays due to their huge devaluation.

I can move next week's stays to SPG, but they haven't announced their deval yet.
Exactly the same situation. Will be moving my stays to SPG anyways just because I think they are least likely to spring these massive devaluations on us.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Really interested on the impact to VIP awards. These are generally the only ones I cash in on..
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by serfty
No, this will happen only if you change an existing award booking after 28th March.

No change? Then the original booked rate applies::
I think their wording is clear as mud. I also read it that even if I don't modify an existing reservation the new rates will apply if I redeem after March 28th. (or am I misunderstanding "redeeming"? to me it is actually staying there, not reserving). Think I'll have to call in to see what they say.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Seabilly
I think their wording is clear as mud. I also read it that even if I don't modify an existing reservation the new rates will apply if I redeem after March 28th. (or am I misunderstanding "redeeming"? to me it is actually staying there, not reserving). Think I'll have to call in to see what they say.
I cant imagine they can change requirements on previously booked stays. I HOPE they are like PriorityClub and give us an actual deadline to book stays at current rates even if dates are in the future.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by Seabilly
You're misunderstanding. The points are taken out of your account when you book the room, not when you stay there.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFO_Flyer

Well, I guess we have until March 28th to book stays at the current rates. Guess time to spend some points.
The above is correct and not what Seabilly has posted.

You have until 3/28/13 to lock yourself into the current rates, but if you were to make a change for any reason after 3/28/13, you would then be subject to the new award rates, whatever they may be.

The new changes will become effective as of 12:01AM CST on Mar 28, 2013. Until this time, you can redeem Points for rewards stays at the current prices. You can book online, call +1-800-HHONORS (+1-800-446-6677, toll-free in the United States) or contact your local Hilton Reservations and Customer Care center. After this date, you can continue to make modifications; however, all standard room redemptions will follow the new standard room chart. Therefore, if the number of points changes from what was originally booked, up or down, the new point values will apply
Emphasis added.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:45 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
Pretty much sure it'd be replaced with 5th night free.

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Really interested on the impact to VIP awards. These are generally the only ones I cash in on..
Old Feb 19, 2013, 3:49 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rdchen
Pretty much sure it'd be replaced with 5th night free.
I would agree but do believe that AXON seems to still survive by the slimmest of margins, but the GLONs are a goner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.