Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA, AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by zachary
Yes, so long as you don't make any modifications after March 28.
no, from march 28, it will all use new chart even you booked before.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:40 pm

Does anyone know whether the high season point rates are pre-determined (the way Starwood does it) or are made up as the year goes along?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
It sure as hell would have been nice to have known about this before dropping a crapload of 2013 spend onto my Surpass card. Thanks, HH.
It would have been nice if they would have given more notice. My Hilton Citi card is the primary card I used for most purchases and will probably switch to another card with this huge devaluation.

I had a similar situation with Southwest a few years ago. I put a LOT of money on my Southwest visa when they had RR 1.0. With my Southwest Visa credit card spending and credits from Hilton stays, I was getting over 15 free flights a year and even got companion pass status a few years by only flying less than $1,000 a year in evenue flights. And then they changed their program completely. So I can see HH credit card users being upset.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:43 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Hilton lets you book one year out so if you make your reservations on March 27 , 2013 ( to be safe) you can book rooms at the old rates until March 27, 2014.

Just an FYI
unfortunely, it is not.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by kunk00
no, from march 28, it will all use new chart even you booked before.
That is NOT TRUE ! Reservations you book before or already have booked are not going to change. I booked over thew phone and CONFIRMED this with an agent
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Daily getaways

If they sell HH points this year they will need to drastically drop the price and/or increase the number of points in the deal
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:47 pm

unfortunely, it is not.
Well since I just booked Feb 2014 I can tell you it is. READ THE LAST SENTENCE.

The new changes will become effective as of 12:01AM CST on Mar 28, 2013. Until this time, you can redeem Points for rewards stays at the current prices. You can book online, call +1-800-HHONORS (+1-800-446-6677, toll-free in the United States) or contact your local Hilton Reservations and Customer Care center. After this date, you can continue to make modifications; however, all standard room redemptions will follow the new standard room chart. Therefore, if the number of points changes from what was originally booked, up or down, the new point values will apply.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:48 pm
Suspended

how hilton canceled my old reward reservation because of the devaluation?

Is this legal? I have already made the reservation and booked air tickets. Now they said I have no enough points.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:54 pm
Suspended

Is this legal? I have already made the reservation and booked air tickets. Now they said I have no enough points.
it's time to stop doing business with Hilton
https://www.facebook.com/HiltonHHonors
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Noticed that members are also voicing their displeasure about the changes on the Hilton Facebook page. Since you don't have to "like" them to post I would think this would be an additional way for all of us to make ourselves heard about the negative changes.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 5:58 pm
jmw

Your existing reservation at the old point value is fine as long as you don't change them after 3/28/2013. It's like an airline ticket that goes up in price as you get closer to the day of travel. Your reservation is already booked at the original price. Relax.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
Noticed that members are also voicing their displeasure about the changes on the Hilton Facebook page. Since you don't have to "like" them to post I would think this would be an additional way for all of us to make ourselves heard about the negative changes.
I just posted on twitter. Too bad it probably won't lead to anything
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jmw
Your existing reservation at the old point value is fine as long as you don't change them after 3/28/2013. It's like an airline ticket that goes up in price as you get closer to the day of travel. Your reservation is already booked at the original price. Relax.
OK, thanks! I just found it.

When do the new changes become effective? What happens if I want to book a reward stay before they are effective? Can I make modifications to existing reservations after they become effective?

The new changes will become effective as of 12:01AM CST on Mar 28, 2013. Until this time, you can redeem Points for rewards stays at the current prices. You can book online, call +1-800-HHONORS (+1-800-446-6677, toll-free in the United States) or contact your local Hilton Reservations and Customer Care center. After this date, you can continue to make modifications; however, all standard room redemptions will follow the new standard room chart. Therefore, if the number of points changes from what was originally booked, up or down, the new point values will apply.
* Free night calculated based on the average nightly value of the stay.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: WN A+ & CP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond, *wood Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
It's not really a tragedy. Think of all the money you'll save by becoming a Priceline or Kayak shopper for hotels. If you are staying 60+ nights a year you will save more than enough money to just pay for a nice holiday out of your own pocket. Sure, you'll miss out on being told "you're a valued customer" when you check in and you wont get upgraded to a big suite, but who cares? Hotels are for sleeping and working anyway. I did this 5 years ago and have never concerned myself with what hotel chain I should stay at since, it is very liberating. The only way hotels will increase, rather than decrease, benefits in the future is if more people start to behave as pure price shoppers. Once they realize this is happening they will quickly increase benefits to regain some loyalty.
This does not apply to me and I would guess many here.

1) I have to use my corporate travel site (Concur) to book.
2) I must use "preferred" hotels and airlines.
3) I do not pay...it is expensed / paid by employer.

The points/miles I earn are seen as a "perk" for my time spent on the road. I spent 180 nights I hotels last year (80 with Hilton). I can choose any brand as long as it is a company preferred hotel. I base my choice on several things....the absolute #1 being: how many nights do I need to sleep in XYZ hotel to earn enough points for a free night (at a top level hotel in each program). This adjustment on the part of Hilton just made the math work in the favor of SPG and Hyatt.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: A bunch
I emailed the A$$clowns at hilton- The CEO and head of HHonors. Let them know directly how bad they botched this!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.