Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Devalued Diamond, Hertz President's Club
Garbage. I would encourage everyone to send emails to their corporate guys. I did once and got an IMMEDIATE response as a Diamond. Look around the net, you'll find their email addresses.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:37 pm

So, who is the best brand to switch too? I've been a loyal Hilton Honors member since the mid 80's. I'm done here. I've loved the brand, but they went to far this time.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Looks like all good/aspirational properties have increased in points. Well the bad news for the year continues.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:39 pm

Location: Scarsdale, NY USA; LT PLT AA; AA 3 mm (4 mm will never happen); Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, AA is clueless why I fly
Hilton asked me to fill out a survey. Here is what I have to say....

Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:41 pm

I am curious to see the effect on AXON awards
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
This is a massive devaluation.

For example--4 nights at the Conrad Koh Samui is now 145K points or 36K per night with an AXON.

Even in lower season, will now be 64K per night if stay five nights (80K per night with fifth night free)--an 80% increase.

The problem for the major hotel chains is the credit card points being thrown out there like candy. Now have too many points chasing too few rooms--but the chains (like the airlines) have become addicted to the revenue they make from the banks.

So we Road Warriors who stay 100+ nights per year spending $$$ with "heads on beds" are being penalized big time by the credit card junkies.

Just emailed Hyatt Gold Passport requesting a status match.....
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:42 pm

Location: Chapel Hill, NC - UA Nobody (sigh)/0.925MM, HHonors Diamond
Three of my favorites:

Conrad Tokyo 80,000 to 95,000
Conrad Hong Kong 80,000
Conrad Singapore 60,000

Also:

Conrad Bali 50,000 to 60,000

This 10+ year diamond is shocked at the scale of this devaluation. I wish SPG had more properties.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:43 pm

The winner is........Egypt

Programs: AA PLT, HH DIA, SPG Gold, Hyatt DIA
Goodbye Hilton....Hello SPG and Hyatt!

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
THis is terrible!!! Hilton devaluation just as I predicted
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:44 pm

Redicolous. Hilton points will now be worth .0030 if we are lucky. I'm really speechless. Makes Hyatt look even better with their highest cat @ 22k. I hope Hyatt keeps it that way, sadly they lack the coverage that Hilton or Marriott offers, otherwise I would never stay elsewhere.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
Nooooo! This is terrible news! I hardly got a chance to use my Hilton points!! Paid for the stay in Hawaii thinking I would use points in koh samui . This is the worst news of the year by far! Bye bye hilton and hello Hyatt!!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by raghu455
Nooooo! This is terrible news! I hardly got a chance to use my Hilton points!! Paid for the stay in Hawaii thinking I would use points in koh samui . This is the worst news of the year by far! Bye bye hilton and hello Hyatt!!
Complain about this on their facebook page
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold,IHG Plat Amb, CC Gold, Kimpton IC, United, AA, BA, Amtrak G.R.
Originally Posted by travelexpert
This is a massive devaluation.

For example--4 nights at the Conrad Koh Samui is now 145K points or 36K per night with an AXON.

Even in lower season, will now be 64K per night if stay five nights (80K per night with fifth night free)--an 80% increase.

The problem for the major hotel chains is the credit card points being thrown out there like candy. Now have too many points chasing too few rooms--but the chains (like the airlines) have become addicted to the revenue they make from the banks.

So we Road Warriors who stay 100+ nights per year spending $$$ with "heads on beds" are being penalized big time by the credit card junkies.

Just emailed Hyatt Gold Passport requesting a status match.....
Maybe we can organize a massive "Cancel all your Hilton Credit Cards" day? Send them a message!!
Old Feb 19, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by Seabilly
According to the FAQ, even if you already booked a reward stay, if this change affects it, you'll be charged the new rates.
This can't be true. Even if I don't make any modifications? That's lunacy if it is true, but I can hardly see this happening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.