Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2013, 10:11 am

I agree with this analysis. If HHonors allows the booking, either on its web site or via a Hilton agent, then the booking is not a "mistake."

Furthermore, there are HHonors reps monitoring this site. If booking past 12 months is not allowed, the reps should speak up and plug the booking "glitch."

It would be unethical on HHonors' part to say/do nothing until after March 27 and then announce that the bookings are invalid. It would be completely devious on HHonors' part to allow customers to travel halfway around the world to find out that their reservations won't be honored.

HHonors has pissed off enough customers that I don't think it would chose to alienate us even further. Just my two cents.

Originally Posted by soy
I don't see how they could refuse to honor it. You have a confirmed reservation which was made in good faith. The fact that it is +12 months away is immaterial.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Hi. Does anyone know for sure when the deadline is for booking a European HH property before devaluation?

Midnight US, midnight Europe? East Coast, etc.?

I searched "time zone" in this thread but got no hits. Sorry if I've missed this in another post.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Hi. Does anyone know for sure when the deadline is for booking a European HH property before devaluation?

Midnight US, midnight Europe? East Coast, etc.?

I searched "time zone" in this thread but got no hits. Sorry if I've missed this in another post.
The website just said midnight tonight, Central time, U.S., so hopefully, it will be the same across the board. I understand your concern though, as I ran into that issue once when Starwood was changing categories.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:37 am

Not sure if this has been covered already, but a Hilton rep I spoke with a couple minutes ago (regarding problems with points posting to my account from my Citi card) indicated they were moving everything over to new servers starting tomorrow. I'm going to go ahead and take a screenshot of my account to be on the safe side, but I think we can all expect this to be a pretty glitchy next day or two if what he says is true.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 12:56 pm

Sorry a quick question: Do we have to pay tax on the standard on night or AXON award stays? Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yoyo
Sorry a quick question: Do we have to pay tax on the standard on night or AXON award stays? Thanks.
Quick answer: Nope.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: UAL MM,
I didn't read all 1,056 posts so sorry if this is a repeat. I looked out to next February and to book one night at the one Waldorf property in the U.S. I looked at required 121,000 points. That equates to 26 weeks worth of points earning at the property I stay (live) at. What a great value.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by yoyo
Originally Posted by Notenut
Quick answer: Nope.
Actually, it depends. Taxes expressed as a currency amount per person/per night/both are still payable in many countries on reward stays. Taxes as a percentage are not.

Originally Posted by Dharma Bum
I didn't read all 1,056 posts so sorry if this is a repeat. I looked out to next February and to book one night at the one Waldorf property in the U.S. I looked at required 121,000 points. That equates to 26 weeks worth of points earning at the property I stay (live) at. What a great value.
That's the current rate, for a premium room reward. Not the new rate.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:18 pm

I read through roughly half the thread but didn't see a discussion on all-inclusive properties. I am looking to book today so preserve to old levels, but wanted to see if it makes sense. It is now 60,000/night at the all-inclusive resort. What is the new level? Specifically looking at Hilton in Puerto Vallarta.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 2:35 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Nyurka
I read through roughly half the thread but didn't see a discussion on all-inclusive properties. I am looking to book today so preserve to old levels, but wanted to see if it makes sense. It is now 60,000/night at the all-inclusive resort. What is the new level? Specifically looking at Hilton in Puerto Vallarta.
http://hhonorspointssearchtool.com/

for most hotels, the # of points will change according to the month. however, it doesn't look like the Hilton PV will change.

side note - i LOVED puerto vallarta when i went a few years ago. i stayed at the marriott resort there but i'm sure the Hilton is just as nice (if not better!)
Old Mar 27, 2013, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

673 points left
Old Mar 27, 2013, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by shadowsjc
http://hhonorspointssearchtool.com/

for most hotels, the # of points will change according to the month. however, it doesn't look like the Hilton PV will change.

side note - i LOVED puerto vallarta when i went a few years ago. i stayed at the marriott resort there but i'm sure the Hilton is just as nice (if not better!)
Thank you. I looked up a couple of other all-inclusives and it shows 60,000 year round for all of them. With that it doesn't look like anything is changing.

For that reason, I decided to book two high end properties in Puerto Rico, which are going to 70K and 60K night in high season. booked 4+4 for a total of 295,000 (one AXON and one 4 nights at WA).
Old Mar 27, 2013, 6:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mareh
The website just said midnight tonight, Central time, U.S., so hopefully, it will be the same across the board. I understand your concern though, as I ran into that issue once when Starwood was changing categories.
Thanks very much.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 11:46 pm

interestingly it appears the number of points needed for cash and points is now less than half the standard award amount. ie, conrad hk yesterday was 25K + ~1067HKD? and is now 32K +1163 HKD (standard award however increased from 50K to 80K) and conrad dublin was 25K + 66 euros and now is 20K + 63 euros (standard award unchanged at 50K).

out of curiosity for the dublin conrad for 3 (possibly 4) nights would you guys choose:
1) 145K axon (already reserved)
2) 60K + 189 euros
3) 450 euros

thanks for any input!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Oops, waited til the last minute. Was thinking about Whister BC but I guess not. Will be staying at the Hyatt there...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.