Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Changes to HH Reward Stays, new cat., more pts needed

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by ThriftyTourist
I've changed many redemption dates with HHonors points, but the new/current redemption rates are used at time of change. I have called in directly to HHonors CS and have had old/standard room rates used even if a standard room rate was not available for the new date.
thanks for the help! i guess we shouldn't reserve without firm dates then!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
I don't know if this is the right forum, but I have a peeve about HHonors. I stay 4 - 5 times per year at Hilton properties (4 -5 nights at a time), but since my stay is paid under a master contract rather than by me at checkout, I have never received any points/miles. I even changed my earning method to fixed miles (and eat at the in-house restaurant to spend money), but still get no credit.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
That's exactly what the T&Cs say should happen.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 8:51 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Isn't it just that (sadly for you, I know!) as part of the negotiation for that master rate they've given up HHonors points accrual in return for a better rate? As seen in some of the SPG court documents recently (assuming Hilton and other chains run a similar system) the property would thus avoid having to pay HHonors for points and be able to give a cheaper rate as a result?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Thank You Citi Rewards
37500 HHPTs for a Cat 7 Hotel? Anyone remember what it was before?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
37500 is the current rate for 6 or more nights for an elite in category 7. Not sure when you mean by "before" as I believe cat 7 only came in with the last round of devaluations.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:25 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
I am a few thousand points short of an AXON award. Tried to purchace points online, but the system kept saying that my cards were declined. Called to make the AXON reservation and buy the points, but the CSR said that the point-buying system was glitchy lately and couldn't process the transaction. Told me to call back in a couple of days.

I hope they fix it before 3/28. I really hope that they didn't put the system down in purpose.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 4:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by apk123
I am a few thousand points short of an AXON award. Tried to purchace points online, but the system kept saying that my cards were declined. Called to make the AXON reservation and buy the points, but the CSR said that the point-buying system was glitchy lately and couldn't process the transaction. Told me to call back in a couple of days.

I hope they fix it before 3/28. I really hope that they didn't put the system down in purpose.

I doubt it will be fixed by 3/28. It's been going on for at least a couple of months.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by BonusLover
I doubt it will be fixed by 3/28. It's been going on for at least a couple of months.
This is outrageous! They announce this massive devaluation and then make it difficult to redeem the remaining points nicely.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver

Buying points on line has always been ropey, just call and ask to buy points as a stand alone transaction, no extra charge
Old Mar 22, 2013, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Buying points on line has always been ropey, just call and ask to buy points as a stand alone transaction, no extra charge
That's what I asked the CSR to do, she refused.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 6:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
If they are seriously dragging their feet with this "glitch" scenario, and making you pay more, then SHAME ON THEM. That is unconsciously bad business and I would see lawsuits in their future.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 6:20 pm

An update regarding not being able to buy points: didn't want to risk waiting till the last minute. Booked 3 nights at regular price for 150,000 points. The buying points during reservation did work without glitches. Then I called and asked to cancel and book AXON with these points for one more night.

I ended up buying 5,000 points that I didn't need, but at least I got this thing booked. I guess I could book 26 nights at a cat 1 hotel for 146,250 points and only buy 1,250 extra points but booking 3 nights and adding a night at the same hotel seemed more straightforward when talking to a human so whatever.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
That's what I asked the CSR to do, she refused.
call back and try a different rep, I got bonus points for the on line buying points being down a few weeks ago, just hang up and dial again, but don't argue is my best advice
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:13 am

Has anyone has gotten a "definitive" answer from a higher up source as to whether or not we can book an award more than a year out, since different reps are giving different answers? (I know an AXON is probably limited to one year.)

Last edited by mareh; Mar 23, 2013 at 11:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.