Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Monterey Bay - Seaside {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Embassy Suites by Hilton Monterey Bay Seaside

1441 Canyon Del Rey, Seaside, California, 93955, USA
TEL: +1-831-393-1115
FAX: +1-831-899-1928
Website

Self-Parking $14.00 nightly
Shuttle: no
Pets: no
Smoking: no (outside area for smokers)
Driving times to / from:
MRY - 10 minutes (2 miles)
SJC - 1.5 hours (70 miles)
SFO or OAK - 2.5 hours (~100 miles)
Room tips: avoid suites with connecting doors; the door isn't well insulated.

Avoid suites -00 through -03 and -11 through -14, as they're in corners with the elevators / lifts.

Avoid lower floors for street noise.

Amenities
225 non-smoking suites with separate bedroom and parkour (dining / living area), with WiFi access, two remote control televisions, a wet bar, fridge, microwave, in room safe
Indoor pool
Fully-equipped fitness center
Open-air atrium lobby
Business center 24 hrs
Complimentary daily made-to-order breakfast
Complimentary Evening Reception
Located two blocks from beachfront
Bay views available
Room service
Coin laundry ($2 for washing, $2 for drying; soap etc. at gift shop)
Gift shop
Nearby shopping, dining
Downtown Monterey 10-20 minutes away, depending on traffic conditions

Dining
Complimentary breakfast in atrium
In room dining: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm & 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm?
Silver Tides Bar & Grill Open Daily: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm & 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sample Restaurant Menu (link to PDF)
Sample Wine Menu (link to PDF)

Bayside Coffee & Trading Co. Starbucks coffees, limited hot and cold beverages, quick snacks and gifts, souvenirs.

Print Wikipost

Embassy Suites Monterey Bay - Seaside {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2005, 8:09 pm

I just finished a two-night weekend stay at ES Seaside.

1. I enjoyed the view suite (bay view from both bedroom and living room). Service was quick, everyone was polite, they accomodated a couple special service requests I had.
2. Horrible "manager's special" in the evening -- broken potatoe chips with a couple dips, popcorn, undrinkable Inglenook Cabernet as the red wine offering, inexcusable in the middle of Monterey wine country.
3. Excellent Am omelette and overall breakfast buffet (by US standards -- I'm not counting European breakfast buffets at Hiltons). And even though there were many kids, the atrium waterfalls noise and airy open feel made it tolerable and quieter. Less oppressive than the screaming kids at the SF downtown Hilton pseudo-executive lounge. A little loud in the early evening, given the big atrium, a band playing awful music in the evening on the first floor could be heard in my room on the 7th floor.
4. Very easy access to Monterey restaurants, Pacific Grove restaurants, Monterey attractions 10 minute drive.
5. easy on/off Highway 1.
6. good value overall if you need to be in that area and want Hilton points/stay credit, epsecially if with a family.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 8:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This property has its good and bad points - the worst being it is in a heavy demand tourist area with insufficent hotel rooms, stacked to the rafters sometimes with families who seem to have no experience with hotels, and trying to snatch every "freebie" they can lay their hands on.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 10:43 am
SST

I'd also note that the pool is closed currently, just like the Embassy Suites in Sacto, and that the HVAC in the rooms is noisy (a knockout factor for me). I *do* like the fact that they don't add a BS Parking Charge on, which the Hilton does ($10), but the property is getting more than a tad tired.

And the morning breakfast is, in my opinion, the worst and poorest of any Embassy Suites I've ever been to. Stale rolls, icky fruit, and an omelette. What happened to these places having a lavish breakfast? (I note that it's a franchise job, so Hilton may not be to blame. The company that runs it has managed some pretty horrible hotels, nearly all of which I avoid like the plague. The name of the company is John Q Hammons Hotels).
Old Feb 7, 2005, 2:24 pm

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Know exactly what you mean....

Originally Posted by ermdjdsj
I just finished a two-night weekend stay at ES Seaside.

1. I enjoyed the view suite (bay view from both bedroom and living room). Service was quick, everyone was polite, they accomodated a couple special service requests I had.
2. Horrible "manager's special" in the evening -- broken potatoe chips with a couple dips, popcorn, undrinkable Inglenook Cabernet as the red wine offering, inexcusable in the middle of Monterey wine country.
3. Excellent Am omelette and overall breakfast buffet (by US standards -- I'm not counting European breakfast buffets at Hiltons). And even though there were many kids, the atrium waterfalls noise and airy open feel made it tolerable and quieter. Less oppressive than the screaming kids at the SF downtown Hilton pseudo-executive lounge. A little loud in the early evening, given the big atrium, a band playing awful music in the evening on the first floor could be heard in my room on the 7th floor.
4. Very easy access to Monterey restaurants, Pacific Grove restaurants, Monterey attractions 10 minute drive.
5. easy on/off Highway 1.
6. good value overall if you need to be in that area and want Hilton points/stay credit, epsecially if with a family.

I'm right there with you. How in the he** can you serve crapola like that and be smack dab in the middle of the wine country. I know, I know, what do you expect for free....well, it depends. Am I at Motel 6 or am I at an Embassy Suites?

Fortunately, we had purchased a few bottles of wine from local wineries and I opened my own! Too bad when you have to open your own bottle though. It would be like being in Hershey PA and they sell generic chocolate bars!

This is actually a pet peeve of mine. 95% of the time, I pass on the beer and wine because it is Inglenook or worse (can you get worse?) or Bud. No thanks...not worth the calories!

Having said that, I LOVE this hotel. It just out of the way and only a mile and a half to Monterey. We sat out on our balcony every a.m and had breakfast. I had great runs on the beach...not very far to get there. The rooms on the top floor had just been renevated and they were really nice. New furniture, new carpet, new paint, etc.

I liked being able to jump into the conference center and check my email (I didn't have my laptop because I was not working)...for free!

Love this place!

Dawn
Old Feb 7, 2005, 3:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Hmmm. The Hyatt, while very dated, is massive and NOT overrun with kids on my two recent weekend stays. Get it on PL for as little as $43, plus $10 resort fee covering food credit and drinking water.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 11:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Personally, I think the nicest hotel in the area is the Monterey Plaza, but it is definitely expensive. A real "find" in terms of quality and price is the Rosedale Inn in Pacific Grove directly across the street from Asilomar. If you're not worried about points, this is definitely a place to check out. And besides, if you can get into Asilomar itself, they have some incredible bargains.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 12:29 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Embassy Suites (specifically Seaside-Monterey)

Embassy Suites usually doesn't offer upgrades but it would be nice to get a 2 bedroom + living suite instead of the usual one bedroom + living

How have people fared when either asking or just given an upgrade.

Its only one night and its a monday night so im hoping there no problem.

Thanks
Old Oct 26, 2005, 3:16 am
Original Member

We were given a corner room but no two bedroom suite. This was on a sold out Sat night when we used the the Diamond force for the award.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 12:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold since '02, Hertz President's Circle since '07
First, make sure they have upgradeable rooms. ES properties frequently do not have any special rooms, and a "two bedroom" suite is just two one bedrooms with adjoining interior entry. But if there are nicer suites, upgrades are certainly not out of the question. Be sure to ask someone on site about the nicer rooms, because occasionally they are not put into the website or CRS inventory.

Call the property directly and ask for a "confirmed HHonors VIP upgrade". If the res or FD agent can't get beyond "upgrades are as available upon check in" (common) seek out a mid level manager or director, someone who reports to the GM. Try titles like Director of Rooms, Operations Manager, or the designated HHonors Manager which is usually added on to one of the above. Offer to use e-mail, which many of them find more convenient than the telephone.

If the mid level manager comes through, make sure that you seek out (or send a letter to) the GM complimenting the mid level manager. The mid level manager will now be your newest friend in Monterey.

This has been my standard strategy at all HH properties, and is successful probably 85% of the time. Keep in mind, though, that some properties don't do upgrades at all, under any circumstances.

Last edited by Rut Dog; Oct 26, 2005 at 12:26 pm
Old Jan 14, 2006, 11:09 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, WN Companion Pass, Hertz 5 Star Gold
Seaside, CA Embassy Suites

Anyone have any thoughts on the Embassy Suites in Seaside? Proximity to Monterey/Pacific Grove/Carmel and generally interesting stuff in that area? Good restaurants, etc?
Old Jan 14, 2006, 12:16 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
There have been some threads in the past that have discussed this; you might be better searching for "Monterey" or "MRY"

Here's a couple I found:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...light=monterey
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...light=monterey
Old Jan 15, 2006, 10:17 pm

Never been to the hotel but grew up in Carmel. The hotel is about 10 min from downtown Carmel.

Intresting stuff in the area, well lots of Golf in Pebble Beach, The Monterey Bay Aquarium is nearby and worth seeing, Laguna Seca is also near by and has car/motercycle racing at times. I guess it depends on your intrests.

Restraunt wise, Peppers in Pacific Grove is a good Mexican Restraunt, and for some reason I am drawing a blank of many others right now.
Old May 19, 2008, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Will be staying here in August...any updates?
Old May 20, 2008, 12:02 am

Standard-issue ES

Originally Posted by Motion122
Will be staying here in August...any updates?
No better, no worse than any other ES. You could pick the place up and plop it down anywhere else on the planet and you wouldn't know the difference.
Old May 20, 2008, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by smmrfld
No better, no worse than any other ES. You could pick the place up and plop it down anywhere else on the planet and you wouldn't know the difference.
Agreed, Except the prices - can be a bit strong in summer and can sell out at peak times with consequent crazy prices

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.