Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Monterey Bay - Seaside {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Embassy Suites by Hilton Monterey Bay Seaside

1441 Canyon Del Rey, Seaside, California, 93955, USA
TEL: +1-831-393-1115
FAX: +1-831-899-1928
Website

Self-Parking $14.00 nightly
Shuttle: no
Pets: no
Smoking: no (outside area for smokers)
Driving times to / from:
MRY - 10 minutes (2 miles)
SJC - 1.5 hours (70 miles)
SFO or OAK - 2.5 hours (~100 miles)
Room tips: avoid suites with connecting doors; the door isn't well insulated.

Avoid suites -00 through -03 and -11 through -14, as they're in corners with the elevators / lifts.

Avoid lower floors for street noise.

Amenities
225 non-smoking suites with separate bedroom and parkour (dining / living area), with WiFi access, two remote control televisions, a wet bar, fridge, microwave, in room safe
Indoor pool
Fully-equipped fitness center
Open-air atrium lobby
Business center 24 hrs
Complimentary daily made-to-order breakfast
Complimentary Evening Reception
Located two blocks from beachfront
Bay views available
Room service
Coin laundry ($2 for washing, $2 for drying; soap etc. at gift shop)
Gift shop
Nearby shopping, dining
Downtown Monterey 10-20 minutes away, depending on traffic conditions

Dining
Complimentary breakfast in atrium
In room dining: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm & 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm?
Silver Tides Bar & Grill Open Daily: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm & 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sample Restaurant Menu (link to PDF)
Sample Wine Menu (link to PDF)

Bayside Coffee & Trading Co. Starbucks coffees, limited hot and cold beverages, quick snacks and gifts, souvenirs.

Print Wikipost

Embassy Suites Monterey Bay - Seaside {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2002, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Arrow Embassy Suites Monterey Bay - Seaside {US-CA}

Planning to use HH pts to stay at Embassy Suite. Any recent stay? How do they treat Diamond members?
Old Mar 11, 2002, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Just to bring this back up - if anyone missed it.....
Old Mar 27, 2002, 9:41 am

I've spent the past 8 weeks at the ES Monterey. It's located just outside Monterey (North) in Seaside, on the other side of the freeway from the ocean.

I'm Gold and sometimes get upgraded to an "ocean view" which is actually more of a freeway view with the ocean in the background. However, these rooms have balconies. These rooms correspond with X08-X13A.

Otherwise, I think all but 1 of their rooms are considered "partial ocean views". Rooms X13B-X20 look South (better) and have a fabulous view of the Holiday Inn Express. Rooms X00-X07 look North (less view) and overlook the large Kmart. There are 12 floors and anything below 5 or 6 can be noisy in the evenings/mornings.

As with any ES, this hotel is great for kids or folks that like more room. Most of the facilities are in good order.

However, for business travellers, this isn't an option that meets expectations. Single line phones, no high speed internet (their provider went bankrupt) and their satellite TV "package" is unbelievably stingy.

There really aren't any other acknowledgements of Gold/Diamond status except for water in the rooms (on occasion).

For a weekend vacation, this hotel will do fine. For charm/ambiance, head into Monterey, Pacific Grove or Carmel for your lodging.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 11:45 am

Here's an alternative for you if ES in Monterey doesn't work out: Embassy Suites in Nappa.
I was there a few months ago, and the place was really charming. It's not a big property, but it's kept up well. From the outside, it looks a bit like some Italian villa in Tuscany. I really enjoyed my extended weekend stay there, and would highly recommend to anybody who's looking for a quick get away.

------------------
share the knowledge = share the wealth

Just a Duck in a Pond Quacking Away!
Old Oct 5, 2003, 10:05 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Embassy Suites Monterey Bay-Seaside

Does anyone have any input on this hotel? I did a search, but the term "Monterey" only brings up a bunch of threads on the DT there. It seems nice from their website, but I would like some first-hand input. Also, how do they treat Gold members? Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 5, 2003, 11:26 am

Programs: Affiliated with all, participate in some
I haven't actually stayed there, but I've had good meals at the restaurant. The Entertainment book for Monterey is valid for 2 for 1 dinners at the restaurant at the Embassy Suites and the restaurant at the Doubletree.

The hotel is actually in Seaside and about 1/2 mile to the beach. The sites of Monterey and Cannery Row are a 5 minute drive. If you get a room on a high floor on the beach side you should have one of the best views of Monterey coastline. The local news has their camera mounted on the roof of the Embassy Suites and that is the view they use for weather reports.

Doubletree doesn't participate in HHonors and the Embassy Suites is much newer than the Monterey Hilton.

Old Oct 6, 2003, 8:37 am

The Monterey Hilton used to be a Holiday Inn some years back if I'm not mistaken. Your standard motel type facility. The ES is your best Hilton family bet but is kind of away from the Monterey charm.

I like the HH points, but sometimes I'll stray for a better experience.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 11:01 am

I've well over a hundred nights at the ES, about 50 at the Hilton and about 75 at the Hyatt (with a handful at the Marriott). Sadly, there's not much nice to say about any one of them.

For a family, the ES probably takes top honors but the front desk staff are extremely apathetic. I've had fewer positive experiences with the restaurant/room service. Mediocre would be a compliment. If memory serves, you should try to get a room ending in X09-14 - they are facing the Bay. X09 was my favorite - corner room (maybe it was X08?, it's been a while). Obviously, the higher floors have better views but the elevators are *notoriously* often out of order, resulting in long waits to get up or down. Breakfast is good and cooked to order by a very friendly staff

All hotels are musty and threadbare (especially the Hilton and Hyatt). It's amazing that in a resort destination such as this, that such low standards are the norm.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 12:15 pm

As far as musty rooms that tends to be a condition of life on the foggy Pacific coast.
Old Oct 7, 2003, 1:42 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by satori:
As far as musty rooms that tends to be a condition of life on the foggy Pacific coast. </font>
I agree that the environment can be an issue, as I've spent my whole life here on the foggy Pacific coast. However, these properties are the worst I've encountered.

Old Oct 7, 2003, 5:00 pm

It seems they want to maintain that 19th century retreat feel here on the Monterey Peninsula when it comes to lodging.

I would love to see a nice Starwood property come along. Westin Monterey or St.Regis Carmel .
Old Oct 7, 2003, 8:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta Gold, Mariott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I am going out ther ein november but working in salinas. I am taking a co-worker who has never been to the area, but I have been many times. I was planning to stay at the DT since it is close to the warf, but you guys say no go on HH there. Is ES the next best alternative. We wont get back from the office until 7is at night, and didnt want to drive much. that is why i was choosing monterey vs seaside. any ideas?
Old Oct 7, 2003, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
Thanks for all the input, everyone. I agree with you, satori, *wood does need a location there. I am a die-hard SPG fan (sorry to all you HHonors people out there), but Hilton is my next choice. I think I am going to stick with the Embassy Suites - the pics on the hotel website seem nice, and I would like to receive some HHonors credit (thereby ruling out the DT). The Hilton is way out of own and doesn't seem to be up to snuff qualitywise with other Hiltons.
Old Oct 8, 2003, 4:15 am
Suspended

Being loyal to Hyatt and Hilton, I had the same problem there early this year.We checked all Hilton and Hyatt properties and the cheapest one was the DT @ $ 130 for a weekday in march....

We found a coupon of the Rosedale Inn, a nice B&B, which offered suites @ $ 79.

www.rosedaleinn.com

We decided to stay there and enjoyed a superb stay.Beautiful suites, easily twice as spacious as the average ES suite.
All suites are equipped with in room spas, VCR`s, 2-3 TV`s ( they also have several hundreds movies for rent )

In addition to that you get free cont. breakfast and the beach is in walking distance.

Easily the best choice, when you compare it with the Hilton properties, probadly only second to the Highlands Inn, a Park Hyatt which is never available sub $ 200 !!
Old Oct 8, 2003, 2:11 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
I agree that the Rosedale Inn is quite nice and right across the street from Asilomar.

In my opinion the nicest hotel in the area is the Monterey Plaza on Cannery Row.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.