Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Monterey Bay - Seaside {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Embassy Suites by Hilton Monterey Bay Seaside

1441 Canyon Del Rey, Seaside, California, 93955, USA
TEL: +1-831-393-1115
FAX: +1-831-899-1928
Website

Self-Parking $14.00 nightly
Shuttle: no
Pets: no
Smoking: no (outside area for smokers)
Driving times to / from:
MRY - 10 minutes (2 miles)
SJC - 1.5 hours (70 miles)
SFO or OAK - 2.5 hours (~100 miles)
Room tips: avoid suites with connecting doors; the door isn't well insulated.

Avoid suites -00 through -03 and -11 through -14, as they're in corners with the elevators / lifts.

Avoid lower floors for street noise.

Amenities
225 non-smoking suites with separate bedroom and parkour (dining / living area), with WiFi access, two remote control televisions, a wet bar, fridge, microwave, in room safe
Indoor pool
Fully-equipped fitness center
Open-air atrium lobby
Business center 24 hrs
Complimentary daily made-to-order breakfast
Complimentary Evening Reception
Located two blocks from beachfront
Bay views available
Room service
Coin laundry ($2 for washing, $2 for drying; soap etc. at gift shop)
Gift shop
Nearby shopping, dining
Downtown Monterey 10-20 minutes away, depending on traffic conditions

Dining
Complimentary breakfast in atrium
In room dining: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm & 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm?
Silver Tides Bar & Grill Open Daily: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm & 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sample Restaurant Menu (link to PDF)
Sample Wine Menu (link to PDF)

Bayside Coffee & Trading Co. Starbucks coffees, limited hot and cold beverages, quick snacks and gifts, souvenirs.

Print Wikipost

Embassy Suites Monterey Bay - Seaside {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2008, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz Gold
Any of the south side rooms up high have beautiful views of Monterey, especially at night.
Old Feb 1, 2009, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
South Side Room Numbers

Can anyone tell me if 1215 is a good room, and if it is South facing?

thx,
cat22
Old Feb 21, 2010, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Smile Interesting Diamond Perk at Embassy Suites (Monterey, CA)

Did find this posted elsewhere:

Recent stay as a Diamond at the Monterey, CA Seaside ES had a nice fruit/chips/water basket waiting (and I have MyWay set to bonus points), but the nicest thing, and a first in my experience, was the manager's business card with a stamp on it and an explanatory note that said (in effect):

"We don't think our Diamond members should have to wait in line. Show this card at the regular hotel bar and you can have any draft beer, house wine or well drink."

The regular manager's reception had a line (not that long), but was offering only Bud or Bud Light. I walked over to the bar and had several Guinness Stouts without delay. Nice touch.

Last edited by Portolan; Feb 21, 2010 at 12:35 pm
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
So are you saying you can just march up to the bar and demand to get served ahead of those already waiting to be served? Sounds like a recipe for a fight to me.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by Wexflyer
So are you saying you can just march up to the bar and demand to get served ahead of those already waiting to be served? Sounds like a recipe for a fight to me.
You need to pay attention before making snarky remarks. The OP noted that the benefit was available at the regular bar, not the manager's reception bar.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by smmrfld
You need to pay attention before making snarky remarks. The OP noted that the benefit was available at the regular bar, not the manager's reception bar.
And this changes my question how? Perhaps you need to pay attention. In addition, where was I "snarky"? It is a straightforward concern: is this "perk" really a potential problem?
Old Feb 21, 2010, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
This sounds like a bar fight about to start, right here, right now.

It's not remotely a "problem" IMO because the fast-track drinks are being served to Diamonds at a separate facility in another part of the building. Complaining would be like airline passengers at the gate-concourse bar whining about availability of drinks in the airline lounge next door.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
So are you saying you can just march up to the bar and demand to get served ahead of those already waiting to be served?
No, that's not what was said. It's a perk of Diamonds being given chits for drinks in the hotel bar instead of lining up in the lobby area (or wherever) for the managers reception. Sounds great to me, I've been to a few of those ES happy hours where it takes forever to wait just to get a cup of Bud.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA Platinum (1MM Gold), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
as others have noted, but to be absolutely clear...

And this changes my question how? Perhaps you need to pay attention. In addition, where was I "snarky"? It is a straightforward concern: is this "perk" really a potential problem?
With this perk you go to the regular bar (separate and away from the manager's reception bar) and, after politely waiting your turn with the bartender (likely no wait because this is during the free drinks at the manager's reception), you order house wine, any draft beer (and there were a couple of other options > Bud besides the Guinness) or a well mixed drink...but don't pay for it. No limit other than the time period for the manager's reception, so actually a form of ID rather than chits.

Absolutely no awkwardness in this with respect to others at the regular manager's reception.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Portolan
With this perk you go to the regular bar (separate and away from the manager's reception bar) and, after politely waiting your turn with the bartender (likely no wait because this is during the free drinks at the manager's reception), you order house wine, any draft beer (and there were a couple of other options > Bud besides the Guinness) or a well mixed drink...but don't pay for it. No limit other than the time period for the manager's reception, so actually a form of ID rather than chits.

Absolutely no awkwardness in this with respect to others at the regular manager's reception.
I like it......

Always hate when the inhouse groups pour into the manager's reception. I have seen some very long lines at ES....
Old Feb 21, 2010, 4:46 pm

Had a recent stay at the ES South Lake Tahoe where the same offer was made available to Diamonds. Not really an advantage as far as drink choices (this ES offers a number of quality draft beers, wine, and well drinks at the manager's reception), but the whole idea was definitely to avoid manager's reception line. Ended up only using it once, on Sunday night. Other nights the line wasn't that bad and they actually had an IPA on draft at the mgr's reception that I really liked that wasn't available at the bar.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 7:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I stay here on business from time to time, and really appreciate the flexibility - I have not attended the manager's reception but have seen a couple of pretty loud ones, I usually have an imported or Anchor Steam draft here and a small dinner / supper. ^

Originally Posted by MarkMColo
Had a recent stay at the ES South Lake Tahoe where the same offer was made available to Diamonds. Not really an advantage as far as drink choices (this ES offers a number of quality draft beers, wine, and well drinks at the manager's reception), but the whole idea was definitely to avoid manager's reception line. Ended up only using it once, on Sunday night. Other nights the line wasn't that bad and they actually had an IPA on draft at the mgr's reception that I really liked that wasn't available at the bar.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 8:45 pm

Programs: HH diamond
Nice! Can we dare to hope this will spread thru the ES chain?
Old Feb 22, 2010, 7:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, National Executive, SkyTeam Elite
Sounds like a great perk and hope that many ES offer this perk. I've stayed at a few where the mgr reception line is quite long. My guess is it will depend on each location because in some cases the only other bar in the property is not actually owned by the hotel.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott GLD, HH PLT, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by MarkMColo
Any other perks for Diamonds at the ES SLT?
What's it like for Ski lockers, and getting to-from the gondola?

Using 2 of my reward certs for a long weekend on my 40th birthday in a few weeks time.

BM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.