Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Embassy Suites Monterey Bay - Seaside {US-CA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Embassy Suites by Hilton Monterey Bay Seaside

1441 Canyon Del Rey, Seaside, California, 93955, USA
TEL: +1-831-393-1115
FAX: +1-831-899-1928
Website

Self-Parking $14.00 nightly
Shuttle: no
Pets: no
Smoking: no (outside area for smokers)
Driving times to / from:
MRY - 10 minutes (2 miles)
SJC - 1.5 hours (70 miles)
SFO or OAK - 2.5 hours (~100 miles)
Room tips: avoid suites with connecting doors; the door isn't well insulated.

Avoid suites -00 through -03 and -11 through -14, as they're in corners with the elevators / lifts.

Avoid lower floors for street noise.

Amenities
225 non-smoking suites with separate bedroom and parkour (dining / living area), with WiFi access, two remote control televisions, a wet bar, fridge, microwave, in room safe
Indoor pool
Fully-equipped fitness center
Open-air atrium lobby
Business center 24 hrs
Complimentary daily made-to-order breakfast
Complimentary Evening Reception
Located two blocks from beachfront
Bay views available
Room service
Coin laundry ($2 for washing, $2 for drying; soap etc. at gift shop)
Gift shop
Nearby shopping, dining
Downtown Monterey 10-20 minutes away, depending on traffic conditions

Dining
Complimentary breakfast in atrium
In room dining: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm & 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm?
Silver Tides Bar & Grill Open Daily: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm & 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sample Restaurant Menu (link to PDF)
Sample Wine Menu (link to PDF)

Bayside Coffee & Trading Co. Starbucks coffees, limited hot and cold beverages, quick snacks and gifts, souvenirs.

Print Wikipost

Embassy Suites Monterey Bay - Seaside {US-CA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2013, 5:25 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
They state they charge $10 for self-parking, per night.

If one were really intent on saving $10 nightly, the parking lot is very large and contiguous with Chili's and the shopping center. I'm not exactly sure I'd feel comfortable with that, as at least the ES parking lot is well lit and there are occasional folks wandering by that look a bit dicey for guaranteeing automotive security.

Originally Posted by Chukiechz
I was there a few weeks ago in August and I got charged parking. Didn't really care as it was getting expensed.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 6:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Bringing it back from the dead - anyone have experiences here in the last year? I booked a couple nights without doing much research. This thread makes me second guess that decision.

No pancakes or waffles? How odd. Starch is cheap to serve the masses.
Old May 18, 2015, 9:58 am

Just finished up a stay here. The hotel is dated, for sure, but overall I found it to be clean and nice for a quick stopover. Breakfast was fine, and it did have pancakes. Elevators weren't as bad as previous reviews but I was staying on a Sunday night so it wasn't that busy.

They goofed on my Gold amenity but they were overly generous in the mistake. I normally just take the 500 points but they gave me the snack amenity instead. Instead of two items, they gave me five. I had two rooms and both rooms received the amenity.

EDIT: Just checked my account and they also gave me the 500 point bonus. However, I need to contact them to get credit for the second room.

Last edited by kenbo; May 18, 2015 at 10:14 am
Old Sep 3, 2016, 2:55 pm

Looking at a road trip to the Monterey area later this year with the whole famn damily. Four of us total. Initially we were looking to split our stay between the Hyatt and the IC Clement on Cannery Row, but in between talking about our plans and actually booking, the award availability for IC Clement evaporated.

We've stayed in ES with the kids before and it was OK; our oldest virtually guarantees that we optimize the value of the free breakfast from our perspective.

We requested an upgrade to a room with a balcony for a three-night stay, and I'm wondering what the chances are of getting something on a high floor might be. Would HHonors Diamond change the odds?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Who knows what their criteria is for an upgrade...at minimum it will depend on what is available on the given days.

I am staying there next week. I will see what upgrade they offer me, as a Diamond. Is "high floor" listed in your file as a preference normally?
Old Sep 3, 2016, 6:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I was given a top floor (or whatever the Exec level is) when I stayed there as a a Diamond last year. The Exec floor has a unusual feature: in the hallway next to the elevators, there's a snack machine that is complimentary - candy bars, chips, etc. - maybe drinks, can't remember - that my kids utilized fully.

Nice enough property, breakfast a little cattle-like (I prefer HGI breakfasts to ES).
Old Sep 3, 2016, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Who knows what their criteria is for an upgrade...at minimum it will depend on what is available on the given days.

I am staying there next week. I will see what upgrade they offer me, as a Diamond. Is "high floor" listed in your file as a preference normally?
Yes. Thanks in advance...
Old Sep 4, 2016, 1:59 pm

Well, the phone call I had with them this morning wasn't a good sign. When OLCI offered the standard "closest room to the front desk" (bearing in mind the preferences in my account are "High Room"), I called them. This has worked okay to wonderful in the past, frequently getting some info on, and choice of, the truly best rooms available sometimes, and usually at least a better list of rooms than the OLCI shows you. This time I was essentially blown off. I booked this a month or so ago, and the rates were low, as the "summer season" is ending. But, all that this front desk person was able to say was "I will put the request in your record, and we will see, as we have been full the past couple of nights". (Of course the past couple of nights have been Labor Day weekend!!) No info, no response to my comment on Executive level.

I have stayed here in the past, and have an idea what the better rooms are- Bay view, and corner.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:52 pm

Here now.

Simple reservation turned in to top floor, partial ocean view for a Diamond. Everything seems nicer than last time I was here. Happy with room. Manager's Reception just fine...a wider selection of chips and dips than in most ES.

Don't appear to charge for parking anymore. That was dumb. Smart change.

For zippy the pinhead, all floors on the bay view (west) side have balconies. Those are the only rooms with balconies. So, I guess you need to put your efforts into getting one of those rooms. 11 floors, 4 rooms on each floor.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant
I was given a top floor (or whatever the Exec level is) when I stayed there as a a Diamond last year. The Exec floor has a unusual feature: in the hallway next to the elevators, there's a snack machine that is complimentary - candy bars, chips, etc. - maybe drinks, can't remember - that my kids utilized fully.

Nice enough property, breakfast a little cattle-like (I prefer HGI breakfasts to ES).
LOL we stayed at Ritz, JW Marriott, Conrads, all over the globe and my kid thinks ES Seaside is the BEST hotel ever... because they got free vending machine for Diamond. He went every 15 minutes to get something off the machine.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Need
LOL we stayed at Ritz, JW Marriott, Conrads, all over the globe and my kid thinks ES Seaside is the BEST hotel ever... because they got free vending machine for Diamond. He went every 15 minutes to get something off the machine.
Curious where this free vending machine is. I can't find it,,and we are on the top floor, and Diamond.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 6:28 am

Talked to the Front Desk. The " executive floor" is the 11th floor. The new procedure is a tray of goodies in your room that they will replenish any time you ask.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 10:00 am

Talked to the Front Desk. The " executive floor" is the 11th floor. The new procedure is a tray of goodies in your room that they will replenish any time you ask.
Oh no! They got rid of the BEST hotel feature! :P When we were at Hilton Niagara Fall, the front desk clerk told us "our vending machines are fully stocked on every floor." My son thought they are free just like ES Seaside... was so disappointed when it was not free.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 12:18 pm

Some Homewoods have added this "Premium Room" option as well - same tray, etc.
Old Sep 7, 2016, 7:38 pm

[...]

For zippy the pinhead, all floors on the bay view (west) side have balconies. Those are the only rooms with balconies. So, I guess you need to put your efforts into getting one of those rooms. 11 floors, 4 rooms on each floor.
Greatly appreciate the intel, but we actually ended up changing our plans, so I cancelled my reservation. I've got points I need to burn elsewhere.

My kids are great with ES, especially my oldest, who swims and consequently has a massive average calorie intake. With the breakfast, they lose money on him every time, I'm sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.