Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Adam Burke's response on using "old" rewards chart certificates after June 1, 2003

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Adam Burke's response on using "old" rewards chart certificates after June 1, 2003

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2003, 3:02 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
That's exactly my point. If I make my reservation now for sometimes after June, they will have to honor it, even if the hotel changes to be a "6". But if I later change my reservation at the ex-classic, now-6 hotel, I'm a little concerned they might not accept the GLON certificate anymore. Another scenario: I make a reservation at the classic hotel A. Sometimes later this year, I change my mind and make a reservation at the previous-classic hotel B, that is now a 6-hotel....
Old Apr 10, 2003, 3:34 pm

Eugene, thanks for the post. Please post it everywhere you feel like.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 4:25 pm

EUGENE, THANK YOU FOR STARTING THIS THREAD (in caps for emphasis )
Old Apr 10, 2003, 4:50 pm

Programs: AA Plt, HH Diamond, IHG Plt
Thank you so much for posting this and making it prominent. Also glad to hear that Adam is still active. Would imagine they will have quite a run on redemptions in late May.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Would you mind posting a link to the 'old' award charts...for those of us here that 'need' the computer wizardry.

I somehow missed the thread from my friend in Houston. Thanks buddy.

Dan
Old Apr 10, 2003, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by dhammer53:
link to the 'old' award charts</font>
"Regular" Rewards (Standard and Point Stretcher)

VIP-only Rewards

[This message has been edited by Eugene (edited 04-10-2003).]
Old Apr 10, 2003, 8:15 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Thanks for the update... I'm ordering that ALON in the very near future.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 8:34 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by huegli:
Thanks a lot, Eugene. And now a stupid follow-up question: Can I just print a certificate online ?</font>
Some certs have to be called in to Hilton H Honors and they *email* them to you! I just recently got a Point Stretcher emailed to me, which you can print as an email or right click an html source as "copy to brower" and print from the web-browser.

SHADO
Old Apr 10, 2003, 9:02 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
as a moderator of Hilton forum I want to thanks Eugene for
1) posting this very important response form Adam Burke
2) generally being very generous with posting his knowledge of all things Hilton
3)eing extremeley tactful when I mistakenly edited a post thinking I was just closing it - he emailed me and didn;t make a big thing of it as some posters might have
4) even when attempts are made to flame him Eugene always takes the high road. Can't say I would always do the same

SO -

a big thanks to Eugene!

Old Apr 10, 2003, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Thank you Eugene! Your posting technique is the epitome of a consummately helpful Flyer Talker.
Old May 27, 2003, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Bumped... as a favor to all of us.

Times a wastin'.

Dan
Old May 28, 2003, 2:15 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
A question that I have asked before, but I do not think it has been answered: What if I have a GLON and manage to make a reservation now for sometime later in the year with a hotel that currently is not a premium hotel, but will be level 6 at the time of the stay - will the GLON be sufficient?

Thanks for your advice and sorry if it has been answered already.
Old May 28, 2003, 5:48 am

As it was explained to me by the HH people yesterday, you can get a GLON before June 1 without a reservation and it will be good for up to one year at any hotel classified as 1-5 as of June 1, assuming availability. If a hotel that was previously a 1-5 becomes a 6 as of June 1 you CANNOT use the pre-June 1 GLON for a stay in that newly-designated 6 unless you had a reservation at that hotel prior to June 1. You can only use the GLON in a hotel that is classified 1-5 after June 1. In addition, if you had a specific reservation prior to June 1 and change that reservation in any way after June 1, the status of the hotel at the time you make the change is what counts. In other words, if you get a GLON and a reservation for a 5 hotel now and that hotel becomes a 6 as of June 1, any change you make in the reservation after June 1 means that your GLON will no longer work. You would then need a GLONP for the 6 and that would require redepositing your GLON (or using it on another 1-5) and getting a new GLONP at the post-June 1 rate of 175K. I asked about this several times with different people and all gave me this set of rules. Is that how everyone else understands it?
Old May 28, 2003, 6:27 am

Programs: M&M FTL, HHonors Diamond, Langham Elite, SPG Corporate Preferred
That's pretty much how I understand it. I never got confirmation on this, but this seems the only logical way to handle it. Thanks for the concise summary.

Edited for spelling.

[This message has been edited by huegli (edited 05-28-2003).]
Old May 28, 2003, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:

A question that I have asked before, but I do not think it has been answered: What if I have a GLON and manage to make a reservation now for sometime later in the year with a hotel that currently is not a premium hotel, but will be level 6 at the time of the stay - will the GLON be sufficient?

</font>
Hilton advice seems clear that if you have a GLON issued now, and book and are confirmed Before June 1 for a 6 night stay anytime in the next 12 months - that stay will be honoured with the 100,000 point GLON no matter WHAT category they may be rated at actual time of stay.

It is like me booking and ticketing an airline award now to Buenos Aires with United for next April. Even if UA TREBLES the miles needed (as BA just did on some awards like LHR-SYD in F!) for this award effective for new bookings from June, my ticket is valid at the 'old' rate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.