Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors 10,000-Point and 20,000-Point Reward Discount VIP Certificates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors 10,000-Point and 20,000-Point Reward Discount VIP Certificates

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2003, 5:56 pm

I used an old one of mine late last year.
yes they are still good.
just remember though that if you cancel the reward you loose the discount.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 5:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by IAHRoadWarrior:
I feel a few pangs of ethical remorse </font>
Absolutely no reason for ethical remorse...

Those certs are perfectly usable, you won't need to "force" anything. There is no expiration date on them, the only requirement is to be Gold and above (for the 20K one), and that the value of the award it's to be applied towards to be no less than 100K points.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 7:22 pm

I would love to find some of those "old" cert's lying around. There were a really nice extra bump from Hilton. I was able to use three cert's for two TEEN awards at the Hilton in DisneyWorld. I ended up spending 140,000 points from my account(-60,00 for the three certs) and got upgraded to a corner suite (900 Sq. ft, newly remodeled) and a penthouse suite (1500 Sq. ft, not remodeled), but great view of the pool/gardens. The Diamond Desk provided everything for a great vacation stay. The lounge was great and provided the kids with some neat trinkets as souviners.

G
Old Mar 12, 2003, 10:34 pm

Location: Cary, NC, USA - AA Plt 3mm/DL Dia 2mm, Hil/Dia Life, Bonvoy/Titanium Life, Spire
I was able to use my last three certs on three rooms in September 2002 at the Paris Hilton. You mail them in and the points appear in your account in conjunction with the booked award stay. I wish I had more.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 4:24 pm

Location: DL MM & FC, Hertz Plat, Avis Pres Club, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
HH VIP 10 & 20K Pt. Disc. Certs Invalid

I called the HHonors line to redeem a SP-5 award for 100,000 points before the increase. I made my reservation then asked how I should handle the certificate request due to the May 31 deadline and my wanting to use a 20,000-point HHonors VIP Discount Certificate.

To my surprise I was told by the customer service agent and her supervisor that Hilton is no longer honoring the certificates even though there is no expiration date printed on the certificate. The certificate also states "....is valid for redemption during the period you remain an HHonors VIP" which I have been since I received the certificate a couple of years ago.

I asked when this occurred and when was the announcement sent out. The supervisor informed me that she has no way of telling when this happened only that the system will no longer take the certificates. She then quoted me the first paragraph of
the "General Membership" terms and conditions that states Hilton can change/modify "Reward levels, and any other aspect of the Program at its sole discretion, with or without notice."

That’s sad.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Very bad CR too.
Old Apr 24, 2003, 10:21 pm
Suspended

I must if this is true ( it was confirmed to me by a HHonor CSR) this may be the final straw that breaks my 16 year loyalty to Hilton.
The CSR I spoke to gave me some hogwash about them being issued in 2001 and now the reward structure has changed they are no longer usable.
She realised I was livid and checked with her
supervisor to confirm such.
She was unable to even tell me when they stopped accepting them (I redeemed two as late Jan 1 2003) but no prior notice really, really pisses me off.
mike
Old Apr 24, 2003, 10:36 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Somebody needs to drop Adam an email or phone call and give Hilton a chance to reconsider before too much stuff hits the fan...
Old Apr 25, 2003, 1:11 am

What a load of crap from Hhonors.

Are they saying that tomorrow they are legally entitled to ask for one million points for a redemption room and they need not tell you at all because they can change or modify "Reward levels, and any other aspect of the Program at its sole discretion, with or without notice."

Challenge them.

I have these vouchers too. some have expiry dates and some dont. The ones with expiry dates and have expired need not be honoured, I agree. But the ones without expiry dates should be honoured.

I sincerely hope this isnt a case where Hilton hhonors will be renamed Hilton Dishonor?

Old Apr 25, 2003, 2:57 am

I just sent this to [email protected]

Affected members may want to follow suit

====================================

Dear Sir

I refer to the point reward discount which were given to many members some time back. I have many of them, some with expiry dates some without.

I recently tried to book a redemption with the discount vouchers but was told they are no longer valid notwithstanding there is no expiry date on them. I was never previously informed of it. I asked the CSR but could not get an answer as to when this happened.

There are many members with these certificates. They are just as concerned as I am that a reward benefit like this can be revoked without any notice at all.

I am sure this is an oversight on your part and trust you will confirm urgently that the vouchers will be honoured.

Many members are trying to book their redemption before the 31 May deadline and I hope you can reply promptly to enable us all to use the vouchers to make the bookings.

Yours faithfully
Old Apr 25, 2003, 7:04 am
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
What? I was planning on claiming my ALON with a 20K discount cert next week. This is total BS from HHonors! If this holds and they don't honor my cert, I may very well drop my business with Hilton and return to Starwood. And this is after 7 years as a Diamond. I've about had it. Adam and Stacy are getting an e-mail.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 7:23 am
Suspended

I sent them a e-mail immediately I heard about it last night.
Two aspects of this really pisses me off
a) i spoke to two different HHonors CSRs since the other increased redemptions were announced and they BOTH assured me that the certs are and will be still valid.
Now we are being told it was "discontimued so months ago" but they cannot say when.

b) The blatant lack of any information even telling us after the fact that they were no longer valid.
Most recent members dont even know that these certs exist so perhaps they thought they could slip this change by us (which they did) and there would not be much of an outcry.
But screwing your LOYAL LONG TIME MEMBERS really sucks.
I was just about to make four reservations for a Denver trip but instead I am going to stay at Starwoods, at least they are giving double stay credits, so I will make SPG gold
with only 5 stays.
This episode will certainly radically affect my view of Hilton since I will make Diamond by fast track with one more stay and will also qualify for gold next year. After that there is very little reason for me stay at Hiltons for the rest of 2003 year (certainly not loyalty)if I dont have to, a 25% ( the difference between Gold and Diamond) increase in points dont make up for triple starpoints.
mike
Old Apr 25, 2003, 7:32 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
I was wondering when this would be made widely public. I had a similar experience two weeks ago. The HHonors Service Center said they got a memo that these would nolonger be honored. I moved it up the chain of command. May I suggest you remind them the certificates have no expiration date and are valid as long as you maintain status therefore loyalty. I asked why I was not informed. She stated they did not know who received them and if they had used them. I reminded them my name and HHonors number was on the certificate and somehow, somehow it found its' way to me. Good luck.
Old Apr 25, 2003, 8:30 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE:
and somehow, somehow it found its' way to me. Good luck.</font>
RTW, are you saying they honored the 20K discount for you?

Old Apr 25, 2003, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Add me to the list of dumping Hh for good (IF this is indeed true) .. I will stop my hilton stays immediately.. If they want to game us like this; its bye bye time.. I will stay everywhere but a hilton property.. and let them know by faxing quarterly what they have lost b/c they decided to take away something I rightfully earned.. Save a nickel and lose a dollar, thats the Hilton way

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.